RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Official Lexus RC thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-13, 01:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
Ryan is entitled to his opinion. Whats funny is I broke the GS-F story and the thread was locked/moved, etc He is right that it won't win AMG/M etc over with 465hp and guess what, at 650hp it won't win over AMG/M etc. People want what they want and rarely is there a mass exodus to the new rival. People choose the F Lexus for attributes they can appreciate and the AMG/M etc cars still continue to sell well.

The IS F is low on power to the RS 4 and C63 especially with the power pack. The IS F also debuted before turbos and superchargers were widely used like today.

You are right, Lexus is paying attention "to stuff like this".
you can put your post and threats like this elsewhere, it's not working here.

see i am never against the idea of having a great v8 gs, it's only great news to car people. it's just how lexus is doing it under the f badge and i have question about it. pretty much all the time you and others mix the two points together.

The difference is my family has an HS, I didn't crap on the HS over and over and insult them or owners over and over. I pointed out the negatives and moved on. Recently when owners wanted to lower the car I worked with RS-R to get them lowering springs. That is the reason we are here right, to help? I didn't go above and beyond to exclude HS members like you did myself at the Pursuit. I thank you though as it opened more doors for me.

No one in the HS forum or any forum here nor any forum on the internet wants to hear over and over why their choice or what they like stinks or isn't up to par. You can do that on another forum. People can find their hate for what they like elsewhere. Too many try to hide behind the "oh I'm not biased" veil when we are all biased to what we like. It is natural. Instead of us having a discussion on all the great possibilities for the GS F, we are hearing all the reasons why it stinks and won't sell and isn't up to par and why Lexus owner defended their cars etc etc.

No one is patting Lexus on the back saying stop at 465hp or this number people are stuck on. What is being said is that is a great start and it will be a nice option for many people. It is again, A GREAT START. I started a thread in the GS forum where there are people who are very interested to purchase the car with 465hp knowing full well its not some 0-60 in 2 second car.

Beating Lexus up over and over that it won't have 550hp is off-putting to members and owners and enthusiasts here. Especially those that have interest in buying the car.
well the feeling is mutual. whenever you think others "go above and beyond", it's like just because you don't like what you are seeing. and isn't you the one who go above and beyond in crapping about acura's front grille?

to me i am reading just as many good things and possibilities about the gsf as the bad and concerns, but again given your character, you tends to overblown the negatives and focus on that, so i can see why you have that feeling.

we are all here to help that's for sure, but i am sure not here to help drive away people who don't like lexus or bully on them. again, it will be a very good car but i can't agree on the great start part as being a f car. it's my feeling and people don't have to agree with me. i brought up the point, people discuss and argue, and i reply back. simple as that. but naturally given your personality, every time i or others reply becomes "another time" people beat on lexus. the pattern is clear.

if just saying lexus not having a 550hp car is enough to putt off people on getting this car, i think that either means i am a very powerful person (which i don't think so at all) or people should really have a stronger mindset of their own. they want something, they get something. they don't get or not get something coz' of what others say. it's just like by you saying the car is a great start won't affect the sales of the car a tiny bit.

and regarding pursuit, it again seems like you do stuff like this whenever you get personal. it's very unfortunate and i feel sorry for you, especially when i had nothing to do with vendor planning (but then of course you label it on me). and for sure you don't have to thank me, i want absolutely nothing to do with you anyway.

in the end, the gsf is going to be a great car for sure (i think this is probably like the 5th or 6th time i say this), i can't wait to drive it. i just thought market wise it can go against competitors better
Old 10-29-13, 01:14 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
I know this may be off base, but I wonder if Lexus will offer an optional "power pack" of some sort like Mercedes.
I find it very unlikely. Lexus (and Toyota) tends to be conservative in this aspect, especially in the American market.

But who knows, maybe they'll surprise us.
Old 10-29-13, 01:35 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TangoRed
I know this may be off base, but I wonder if Lexus will offer an optional "power pack" of some sort like Mercedes.
Anything is possible but I won't hold my breathe. Likely any future boosted motors will not be tunable like the Germans. If I am wrong I would love to be.

Originally Posted by rominl
you can put your post and threats like this elsewhere, it's not working here.

see i am never against the idea of having a great v8 gs, it's only great news to car people. it's just how lexus is doing it under the f badge and i have question about it. pretty much all the time you and others mix the two points together.

well the feeling is mutual. whenever you think others "go above and beyond", it's like just because you don't like what you are seeing. and isn't you the one who go above and beyond in crapping about acura's front grille?

to me i am reading just as many good things and possibilities about the gsf as the bad and concerns, but again given your character, you tends to overblown the negatives and focus on that, so i can see why you have that feeling.

we are all here to help that's for sure, but i am sure not here to help drive away people who don't like lexus or bully on them. again, it will be a very good car but i can't agree on the great start part as being a f car. it's my feeling and people don't have to agree with me. i brought up the point, people discuss and argue, and i reply back. simple as that. but naturally given your personality, every time i or others reply becomes "another time" people beat on lexus. the pattern is clear.

if just saying lexus not having a 550hp car is enough to putt off people on getting this car, i think that either means i am a very powerful person (which i don't think so at all) or people should really have a stronger mindset of their own. they want something, they get something. they don't get or not get something coz' of what others say. it's just like by you saying the car is a great start won't affect the sales of the car a tiny bit.

and regarding pursuit, it again seems like you do stuff like this whenever you get personal. it's very unfortunate and i feel sorry for you, especially when i had nothing to do with vendor planning (but then of course you label it on me). and for sure you don't have to thank me, i want absolutely nothing to do with you anyway.

in the end, the gsf is going to be a great car for sure (i think this is probably like the 5th or 6th time i say this), i can't wait to drive it. i just thought market wise it can go against competitors better
WTH does Acura's grill have to do with this?

"you feel sorry for me"

hahahahhaahahahahhahahahhahhahahha

That post is barely coherent but thanks for filling it with personal attacks and then trying to sandwich it with the GS F. Thank you again.
Old 10-29-13, 02:19 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Telling what how it is? No one is disagreeing that 550hp would be nice…what I am saying is 465hp is a nice starting point and surely a nice jump from 306hp. AMG/M/RS didn't start off with 550hp, it took DECADES to get to that point. Its easy to look at them now in 2013 and say "on Lexus doesn't have 550hp"
I agree with you 100% on this ^^ We had a typical internet misunderstanding.

The LFA was relatively low on power to rivals and other exotics and still is regarded as one of the best built for the overall balance. A lot of cars with similar reviews are the same.
LFA have much higher quality for sure, Ferrari quality is a joke, Lambo is not that great either.

I guess we will see since it seems turbo 6 and 8 cylinders are coming and maybe a LS F will come with over 500hp next generation. I just don't expect it now.
I feel eventually 500+ hp will come to the GS-F and LS-F, just not initially. Just like AMG and M, until this latest Twin Turbo power generation, their NA engine was only ~500 hp. So 465 hp is not that far off. Lexus is easing into it just like the German did 10 years ago.
Old 10-29-13, 03:33 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Ok guys let get the personal comments out of this thread immediately.

We don't know what the specs are so a lot of this is still conjecture so arguing over it is pretty pointless. You might as well look at my GS-F April fools story's from 2012 where I broke the GS-F news. Let's see how close I was.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-29-13 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-29-13, 07:39 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

No one is disagreeing that 550hp would be nice…what I am saying is 465hp is a nice starting point and surely a nice jump from 306hp. AMG/M/RS didn't start off with 550hp, it took DECADES to get to that point. Its easy to look at them now in 2013 and say "on Lexus doesn't have 550hp"
I have to agree with Mike on this one

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Overall balance is the key not just HP
.......and with I8ABMR on this one.

Originally Posted by rominl
we are all here to help that's for sure
.......and definitely with Henry on this one.

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-29-13 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-29-13, 09:29 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even Ferrari and Lamborghini are going to start focusing more on driving dynamics and weight rather than out and out power. So looks like they took a page from the LFA in that respect. The LFA was always on dynamics and COG, coupled with that amazing engine, that makes less power than cars like the McLaren 12-C. The GS-F will follow that line of thought, and the F-Sport currently is doing just that.
Old 10-30-13, 12:08 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

I dont know why do you guys argue about rumors at all.

465 or not for GS-F - lets see the numbers, performance and pricing when the car comes out and then lets argue about it.

Why argue over some rumor? Rumor said that there wont be GS-F... heck rumor said that there wont be F anymore and then we have two Fs testing on the track.
Old 10-30-13, 02:11 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
I dont know why do you guys argue about rumors at all.

465 or not for GS-F - lets see the numbers, performance and pricing when the car comes out and then lets argue about it.

Why argue over some rumor? Rumor said that there wont be GS-F... heck rumor said that there wont be F anymore and then we have two Fs testing on the track.
Good advice...
Old 10-30-13, 06:27 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

This thread should be retired and restarted. It's not worth reading anymore. Buh-bye till then.
Old 10-30-13, 08:22 AM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^ Same here. I come here seeing that there are new posts, but disappointed in not seeing new pictures or info about the RC/GS-F. Sorry to add to that BTW.

Last edited by Individual; 10-30-13 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-30-13, 08:30 AM
LexFather

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...gsf-today.html

Well 2 members here state they spotted the car in Cali...
Old 10-30-13, 09:48 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Ok guys let get the personal comments out of this thread immediately.

We don't know what the specs are so a lot of this is still conjecture so arguing over it is pretty pointless. You might as well look at my GS-F April fools story's from 2012 where I broke the GS-F news. Let's see how close I was.
Your GS-F April fools story was dead on. There will be nothing surprising about this coming GS-F, just an IS-F in a GS body.

Last edited by BNR34; 10-30-13 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-30-13, 10:00 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
No more F was some dumb rumor from someone who don't understand production gap between generations.

This is pretty much a leak, some very accurate speculation, this is not a rumor.

Production on the E92 M3 ended a few months ago, I heard BMW is discontinuing the M3 line after 4 generations from lack of sales, oh no there will be no more M3 forever

2014 comes around, oh hey BMW decided to bring back the M3 afterall, here is the F80 M3 they just developed in less then 2 months, OMG thank you god

Last edited by BNR34; 10-30-13 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-30-13, 02:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I think what some are trying to convey is the need for balance at a higher HP point. 99% of these super sedans will never do track time. Therefore much of the appeal beyond performance can be the HP ____ swinging contest that exists between BMW , Mercedes, and Audi. Now we have Lexus trying to enter the game. As the new kid on the block you are exactly that. Nobody knows you and you have never been tested . Therefore to make a splash and to get people to notice HP is a great way . When the new kid hits the streets we all run to the blogs and magazines to find out what the deal is. When many find that its the typical Lexus story of great cars but....... , they are not going to flock to the car the same way. Mercedes and BMW sell these types of cars and continue to sell them because they have done so for generations and everyone knows their super sedans are no joke. For Lexus not to be the butt of the inevitable jokes and negative comments they need to shut people up by building a super sedan that the world has never seen. They did it with the LFA and it needs to be done with the GSF. Most likely the GSF will be the lightest in the group so as long as HP to weight ratios are even I think thats all that matters if Lexus sticks with the 465 hp rumored figure. I am wondering if thats the route they are trying to run with the GSF to reach balance, better handling, braking, and economy . In the end ( Im not holding my breathe) if Lexus really wants to impress the world they can create a sedan that will beat the M5 with almost 100 less. Im not banking on that. Even if the M5 is 400 lbs heavier , 100 hp is a huge gap to close on a long straight on a highway. 100 HP and twin turbos makes for some serious pull on the high end . Like I said these sedans are not doing track work as much as Autobahn bombing . Lexus keep up......and pass

Quick Reply: Official Lexus RC thread