Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

Photoshop Request

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-16, 04:21 AM
ReeM
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Photoshop Request

Can you please switch this GS to a few colors please. Same rims same color.

Anthracite Grey w/ black wing

Nebula Red

Nardo Grey

And Nebula Blue

Thank You!!
Old 11-19-16, 05:10 PM
ReeM
Lead Lap

Um...Yea. lol. Bump. lol.
Old 11-22-16, 10:23 AM
ReeM
Lead Lap

So im guessing this is a failed attempt.
Old 11-23-16, 05:39 PM
AsAkite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive got a couple colors done, but the Glossy gray and the Blue I am having problems making them look even decent....
Workin on it...
Old 11-25-16, 03:10 AM
ReeM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AsAkite
Ive got a couple colors done, but the Glossy gray and the Blue I am having problems making them look even decent....
Workin on it...
Thank you so much. I kind of figured the other grey would be a little complicated. If it cant be done then it cant be done. No worries. With the Nebula red would you be able to make another with the same color rims as the picture? One picture with black and one with the color of the rims. Please if its not too much to ask.
Old 11-26-16, 11:21 AM
AsAkite

Well man, these colors were actually a lot more difficult to reproduce than I thought.
At first I thought only the glossy one would be an issue, but really none of them end up with a decent result.
Turns out after getting a new video card, images are ending up darker in the browser than they looked in Photoshop.

As far as changing the color of the wheels, I can give it another shot if you can get me a better pic of this car. The image is just too dark. You can see my masking errors on the car because I couldn't actually tell where the car was compared to the black background or shadows.
Anyway, I'm done crying about my ****e job!

Name:  Reem_Grey.jpg
Views: 1275
Size:  268.3 KB
Name:  Reem_Red.jpg
Views: 1275
Size:  261.8 KB
Name:  Reem_Blue.jpg
Views: 1283
Size:  271.4 KB

Old 11-27-16, 09:45 PM
ReeM
Lead Lap

No bro this is perfect. I really appreciate all your hard work. Thank you. I watched a youtube video and was able to barely get the wheels done. I used the Hue/Saturation tab under Images/Adjustments and managed to get the wheels a brownish color. IDK how i did it because I failed miserably at trying to do the car but its somewhat close to the color on the other one. I just dont know how to use colors from other images.

Old 11-27-16, 09:48 PM
ReeM
Lead Lap

Wait this one is better. I played around with some of the settings in the other rim layer. Just for anyone else that was curious about how it would look.
Old 11-28-16, 09:43 AM
AsAkite

I gotta new monitor and video card and I am obviously going to need to do some color calibration because after I looked at the images on my laptop, your original image post is no where near as dark, and the images I posted looked way different.
I had this problem the last time I did a monitor update.... pain in the a$$
Old 11-28-16, 09:54 AM
AsAkite

Also, as far as doing your own wheels....
I assume you have a layer with just the wheels, and you are fiddling with Hue/Saturation on that layer.
Try using "Photo Filter" (a little ways down from Hue/Sat), check the "Color" radio button, and then the color selection box. Once the color selection menu is open, the curser will automatically become a color selector. You can now hover over the car paint color somewhere that looks good (I would suggest an area that is a bit darker) and just left click. That color will now show up as the current Photo Filter color.
Click OK on the Color Selection Menu, and then drag the "Density" all the way to 100%.
Click OK.
Now you can go back into Hue/Saturation and play with the "Saturation" and "Lightness" and you should get pretty close....

-S
Old 11-28-16, 02:22 PM
ReeM
Lead Lap

Also, as far as doing your own wheels....
I assume you have a layer with just the wheels, and you are fiddling with Hue/Saturation on that layer.
Try using "Photo Filter" (a little ways down from Hue/Sat), check the "Color" radio button, and then the color selection box. Once the color selection menu is open, the curser will automatically become a color selector. You can now hover over the car paint color somewhere that looks good (I would suggest an area that is a bit darker) and just left click. That color will now show up as the current Photo Filter color.
Click OK on the Color Selection Menu, and then drag the "Density" all the way to 100%.
Click OK.
Now you can go back into Hue/Saturation and play with the "Saturation" and "Lightness" and you should get pretty close....

-S
Ahh ok. SO thats how you do it. Thank you for the tutorial. I will definitely play around with it a little later when I get home. I really appreciate it.

I guess im going to have to do the same thing with my computer when I upgrade the graphics card as well.
Old 01-12-17, 06:11 AM
BdON003
Driver School Candidate

Well man, these colors were actually a lot more difficult to reproduce than I thought.
At first I thought only the glossy one would be an issue, but really none of them end up with a decent result.
Turns out after getting a new video card, images are ending up darker in the browser than they looked in Photoshop.

As far as changing the color of the wheels, I can give it another shot if you can get me a better pic of this car. The image is just too dark. You can see my masking errors on the car because I couldn't actually tell where the car was compared to the black background or shadows.
Anyway, I'm done crying about my ****e job!

Looks good