Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

Window tint: Llumar air blue 80

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-16, 04:53 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Window tint: Llumar air blue 80

I have a white 2006 LS430 with light tan interior. Next month I'm scheduled to have all of the windows and sunroof done in Llumar air blue 80 ceramic and clear ceramic on the windshield. These cars below aren't mine but I'm hoping to get an idea of how it will look.

Link of some members with the tint: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ictures-2.html

Old 04-25-16, 06:47 AM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going to be doing air blue 80 as well. Will be sure to report back with results..
Old 04-25-16, 02:41 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Please do my appointment is either the 13th or 15th of next month gotta check my calendar again.
Old 05-05-16, 07:13 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Here ya' go

Old 05-06-16, 09:16 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Seize thank you once again. This is what I'm going for.

What had me trippin was a white Infiniti that comes up when I searched images for this tint and it looks way too dark. I spoke with a couple of members and they said it does depends on weather conditions as to how light or dark it shows.

I'll update next Friday with actual before and after shots.
Old 05-13-16, 06:15 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Teaser till I get better pics... the clarity is like looking through a polarized lens. Overall it is very light and exactly how I wanted it to look. Once I fix my rain sensor I'm doing the windshield for sure.

<br >
Old 05-14-16, 11:39 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
Teaser till I get better pics... the clarity is like looking through a polarized lens. Overall it is very light and exactly how I wanted it to look. Once I fix my rain sensor I'm doing the windshield for sure.
That looks great, man!

Thanks for sharing the pics
Old 05-14-16, 11:55 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

<br >

Thanks it really did come out exactly how I wanted. Here is a thread I started with a few more pictures. I'll be updating that one with more pictures.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-3rd-gen-2001-2006/822901-llumar-air-blue-80-today.html#post9484293
Old 05-17-16, 06:53 AM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Definitely a good look! Have you noticed a difference in temperature in the cabin after the tint install? I have not been able to choose an exact date as of yet, but this is exactly what I want done. Air blue 80 all around including the windshield. My concern is if it will look "Dark". I honestly just want it to serve a purpose..
Old 05-17-16, 10:47 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Skylar978
Definitely a good look! Have you noticed a difference in temperature in the cabin after the tint install? I have not been able to choose an exact date as of yet, but this is exactly what I want done. Air blue 80 all around including the windshield. My concern is if it will look "Dark". I honestly just want it to serve a purpose..
Thank you I absolutely love this film. I promise you 100% you will not think it looks too dark at all. In fact the first few hours I had to adjust to it because initially I felt I could have gone with a different blue film that was darker. I battled that for about 2 hrs but I had to remind myself of the goal... I want to keep this car as close to stock with minor tasteful changes. In a sunny clear sky day it will look almost non existent. Partially cloudy the blue pops more. At night it actually doesn't look blue at all but really like a factory oem tinted glass that other makes produce. Maybe like a 60% charcoal almost still very light. Clarity is spot on very crisp. I am doing the windshield for sure no doubt. I think it would complete the look and potentially improve the blue presence.

Heat reduction 100% yes indeed. When I'm at work my car sits in the sun all day. Yesterday was the first day with it at work. Prior I always leave the sunroof shade closed, rear shade up, and front window shade on. Before the film this setup never actually kept the car cool it just kind of protected the leather but still hot inside. Yesterday with the film it was noticeably cooler. I actually sat in the car closed door and didn't turn the car on for about 5 minutes to see how hot I would get. I didn't get hot at all but I wanted to get home lol. The other thing is that I don't need to run the ac as high or cold. I actually put it at 75 and lowest setting... and even with that I turned it off twice on my drive home.

I toyed with the idea of putting ceramic on the sunroof for the heat reduction but closing the shade works. I need to do the windshield asap though because having the others to look out of is easy on the eyes and then when I look through the windshield there is a little adjustment that takes place. Love the film, love the performance, love the color... I'd recommend this film if you don't want a dark blue. If you want a dark blue there are other brands that are also ceramic based. <br > <br >
Old 05-17-16, 10:17 PM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks really good Mike! Factory-ish
Old 05-19-16, 07:23 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Man! Your LS is super clean!!
Old 05-20-16, 07:12 AM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
Thank you I absolutely love this film. I promise you 100% you will not think it looks too dark at all. In fact the first few hours I had to adjust to it because initially I felt I could have gone with a different blue film that was darker. I battled that for about 2 hrs but I had to remind myself of the goal... I want to keep this car as close to stock with minor tasteful changes. In a sunny clear sky day it will look almost non existent. Partially cloudy the blue pops more. At night it actually doesn't look blue at all but really like a factory oem tinted glass that other makes produce. Maybe like a 60% charcoal almost still very light. Clarity is spot on very crisp. I am doing the windshield for sure no doubt. I think it would complete the look and potentially improve the blue presence.

Heat reduction 100% yes indeed. When I'm at work my car sits in the sun all day. Yesterday was the first day with it at work. Prior I always leave the sunroof shade closed, rear shade up, and front window shade on. Before the film this setup never actually kept the car cool it just kind of protected the leather but still hot inside. Yesterday with the film it was noticeably cooler. I actually sat in the car closed door and didn't turn the car on for about 5 minutes to see how hot I would get. I didn't get hot at all but I wanted to get home lol. The other thing is that I don't need to run the ac as high or cold. I actually put it at 75 and lowest setting... and even with that I turned it off twice on my drive home.

I toyed with the idea of putting ceramic on the sunroof for the heat reduction but closing the shade works. I need to do the windshield asap though because having the others to look out of is easy on the eyes and then when I look through the windshield there is a little adjustment that takes place. Love the film, love the performance, love the color... I'd recommend this film if you don't want a dark blue. If you want a dark blue there are other brands that are also ceramic based.

Sounds like you hit the nail spot on with what I wanted out of tint for myself this time around.. I am 100 percent sold with the product. I have done some research and it seems like everything you are saying is true as nobody really had anything bad to say about the tint from what I have read. In the past, I generally would have preferred dark tint, but presently cannot afford time to be hassled by local law enforcement as tint laws here are pretty strict. I probably will go with the lighter shade of blue for that reason.

Also, the sunroof I didnt feel needed the tint as well since you can just pull the panel over it when necessary and generally does the job as you said.

Thank you for your advice! Your 430 looks fantastic