Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

YA or NAY on LFA wheels on Supra

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-13, 08:53 AM
helsbak
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YA or NAY on LFA wheels on Supra

I did this photoshop but since im new to this dont know how to paint the wheels or if i should just leave them in Hyper Black, when i get the wheels. Here is the picture that i photoshoped, would like to see some colors on the wheels, any ideas on the color would help out, thanks
Attached Thumbnails YA or NAY on LFA wheels on Supra-supra-with-lfa-wheels.jpg  
Old 02-06-13, 11:58 AM
AsAkite
Intermediate

It's pretty easy to do, since you have photoshop and already have the file with the cut and pasted LFA wheels just do the following:
1) Make a duplicate of the layer containing the pasted wheel images. (right click the layer, click "duplicate layer")
2) Zoom in quite a bit on one of the wheels in the newly created layer.
3) Use the polygonal lasso tool to mask off anything you don't want colored, and delete (the caliper and disk will show through from the wheel in the previous layer).
4) Once you have everything you don't want to paint removed, click "Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation" on the menu bar.
5) To change colors, use the Hue slidebar. To change to black, use the Lightness slide bar.
6) Once you find the color you like, duplicate the layer again and use this new, already modified layer for the other wheel.

The "right" way to do this is by using an adjustment layer, but this is how I've always done it and it's pretty easy.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by AsAkite; 02-06-13 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-06-13, 12:20 PM
AsAkite
Intermediate

Also, an additional tip:
When you select and copy the wheel images from the donor car image, be sure to only select the rim (or as close to it as possible.)
You can do this using the Circle tool (click and hold the Rectangle tool, then select the Circle tool).
Using the Circle tool, press and hold the "Alt" key, and click the very center of the rim and drag until only the rim is in the highlight circle(or just a hair more). Then when you paste the image on your cars pic, all you need to do is play with the sizing to cover only your cars rim, without covering tire. Or y9u can make it slightly larger once centered if you want to suggest a larger wheelsize. This really helps with the realistic factor.

Old 02-16-13, 12:52 PM
yoitskenn
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm debating whether to put these on my LS