Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

New signature request! RX-7

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-13, 06:19 PM
moosejaw2
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A true mazda fan never abandons the rotary. The argument against a swap is very touchy when it comes to a FD, more so than any other import i know of.

For example.....
How many import cars were produced in low numbers like the FD,
How many cars won motor trend's car of the year?
How many cars spank other cars on the race track costing twice as much and twenty years newer?
You can run high tens on a 13B as well, even in florida. I know of a chap in Maryland that runs high 9s.

Now if you were talking a 20b swap, now we are talking. You would have to find a GM 6 speed though.
A 20B swap will net you 600whp all day long at 15psi. It would cost as much as a LSX conversion.

Look at the end of the day, its your car.. i just get so worked up when so many people diss the rotary, (i know you havent) but many of the so called 2JZ GTE die hards have done so before.
Old 01-01-13, 11:04 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not trying to convince you I'm right, nor that I'm right in the head.

Here's my intro thread btw, w/pics of my prior SC if you haven't seen it:
http://www.rx7club.com/introduce-you...miles-1010108/
Old 01-02-13, 07:57 AM
moosejaw2
Pole Position

Im also moosejaw on RX7club, Ive seen your SC before, its nicely done.
Very clean car and love the fiskes

My car was originally that color, but a touring with tan seats.
I hope i can offer my help with regards to mods. Im the orignal owner.
You will find a lot of army guys have FDs on there.

Heres my profile on rx7 club
http://www.rx7club.com/members/moose...all-2010-3826/

I would suggest with your car.... Lets start with a new radiator, to replace the old skinny one. new vacuum hoses and replacing all the old coolant lines. Make friends with Ray Malloy, the local mazda dealer in Virgina and he can sell you a kit for the coolant lines.

A new intercooler perhaps?
A bigger but kept in the stock location one will do nicely. Look up RX7boutique.com , bryan can hook u up
A front mount will require a battery relocation to the trunk, or use a slimmer racing battery and keep it on a tender. You can do a V mount as well which may provide better cooling, but you will spend in the thousands to get one.

Another upgrade i would do is a Power FC ecu and handheld commander. You get a power boost right out of the box with this standalone. It in fact comes preprogrammed for an aftermarket exhaust and pulley

I would do a compression test on that car with that low miles as well. There is a rotary speciifc comperssion tester available made by Mazda.

Gene (RX7Rage) is also a good source for info and hes a lot closer to you.
He's like my alter ego on the west coast. Except he don't drive a 55.
Old 01-02-13, 11:18 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Hey, guys, I understand you guys are passionate about your cars and love to talk about them. Hey, I'm the same way.

With that being said...this is the Photoshop Forum and as such posts should be relative and pertinent to said forum.

If you'd like, please continue your dialog via PM or better yet, head over to the 'Car Chat' forum and start a thread

Thanks for understanding,

- Seize
Old 01-02-13, 12:40 PM
moosejaw2
Pole Position

Seriously this is a photoshop forum?
I only saw it in one of the highlighted threads at the top of the page and i responded.
No wonder i couldnt find it. LOL

Lock this down now i guess.