Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

Little help from you PS peeps please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-12, 09:50 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Little help from you PS peeps please.

I have a logo that my partner and I want for our company and want to use on our business cards as well, but I can't seem to get my novice PS skills put to use very well for this process. I just basically want the wings taken off the picture, but leave the lion head and also the circular ring surrounding it.

I also cannot figure out how to make it transparent so that when I upload it to the card it doesn't show a background, just the logo. In PS it has a transparent background, but when uploaded it keeps showing the white. Will someone please help me. lol I haven't used PS in years and am having 0 luck at it now.

This is my failed attempt at trying to do it.. You can see how chopping the erasing is.. Major fail.

Thanks in advance y'all..
Old 07-01-12, 02:49 AM
AsAkite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Elliptical Marquee Tool, inverse selection, delete... save as .png.
Done ;-p
When you say, "upload it to the card" what exactly are you talking about?
A printer (printing shop) should take a transparent background .PNG file no problem, it looked like you had that right, so you'll have to elaborate a bit more on what you are doing with the file from this point forward...

Old 07-01-12, 08:03 AM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Man thanks so much dude! I really appreciate it!

Well I am actually making my cards online and on the site it allows you to upload a image to the card, so I was trying to upload the image but every time I do a white background shows up..

In PS it has a transparent background, but when uploaded it has a white to it and that's with the edited version that you just did for me.
Old 07-01-12, 04:28 PM
AsAkite

Hmmm.... you might try a different card site, like maybe VistaPrint.com or somthing.
It's definitly not the file that's causing the white background, it's the printer.
If you were to look that file in Internet Explorer on different pages with different backgrounds, it would still be transparent. Maybe you can email someone from the printing site you are using and ask them "what gives??"
Old 07-01-12, 07:27 PM
LuxuryGS3
Lexus Champion

Thanks, I planned on doing that. These guys give a great deal though. Glossy black finish front and back 1,000 cards for $46.. That's a pretty sweet deal, but i'll see what they say in an email and try VistaPrint also.

Thanks man!
Old 07-01-12, 08:19 PM
AsAkite

Well good luck!
Oh, and just to keep in mind, if you plan on using the card to write anything on (discounts for people you meet, etc) a glossy finish doesn't take ink very well. I used to own a tattoo shop and made that mistake on my cards. Next batch had glossy front but matte back so I could write on it.