Here are a few Frequently Asked (and answered) Questions related to the Photoshop Forum
. Simply click on the blue links to be taken to another thread with more details.
Section One - Forum Rules and General Navigation:
to be taken to our forum rules including important details regarding our work safe environment, guidelines against personal attacks, group buy rules and details on what signature images are allowed (those pictures you see when members post at the bottom of their reply). Please take the time to read them as our forum rules are strictly enforced.
Please look through the FAQ before
posting a question or request.
"What are the guidelines for Signatures?"
When members make posts in the forum, they have a choice to include their own 'signatures' at the end of their posts. This signature can include both text and images. It gives members a chance to customize their identity on the forum more and in some cases help people remember you. We have some limits on size and content of signatures on Club Lexus to keep our community readable and work-safe. We don't allow advertising (vendor or for sale) in forum signature or offensive / inappropriate content.
Members are limited to no more than 100 characters (spaces included) in your signature. In addition to that text, you are allowed to have a picture of no larger than 450 pixels wide and 100 pixels high. The picture can be jpeg, gif, or png, but the overall image file size cannot be larger than 48.8KB. Gif and png are the only formats that can be animated; this means you can't use Adobe Flash signatures.
Please follow the rules above and use your judgment when creating your signatures or requesting help with them here in the Photoshop forum.
"How do I upload my new signature? How about pictures I want to put in a post on the forum?"
Section Two - Photoshop requests:
"I'd like to request some help with a Photoshop to see what my Lexus looks like with new wheels and lowered, and maybe a different color. What do I need to do?"
- Please post pictures of the original copy of what you want Photoshopped. High resolution and clear photos are preferred.
- If you request a wheel Photoshop, please try to provide a picture of the wheels on an angle that matches the angle of the photo of your car. Tip: it is better to provide a picture of the wheels you'd like to see already mounted on another vehicle. That will make the produced image more realistic.
- If you want a color change, be specific in the color wanted and if possible a link to another vehicle in that color.
- If you request to assemble something from scratch, please be as specific as possible with your description. Sometimes these requests cannot be reasonably accomplished.
- For signature pictures, post the pictures you would like to use for your signature and give a brief description of any style, ideas, and text you would like to include as well. Please keep in mind that all signature pictures must be within the 450 pixel by 100 pixel dimension and under 48.8 KB.
- Please be patient with all Photoshop requests. All photoshoppers on this forum are volunteers who donate their free time to assist other Club Lexus members.
Section Three - Photoshop Tutorials:
Want to learn to make your own signatures and photoshops? Here are a couple of primers we've put together to get you started:
- Please do not add your request to another member's request threads. Create a new thread of your own.
If you have suggestions to add to the list, please pm a moderator for this forum. This list is intended to be a living document so please nominate posts you think will be useful to new and existing members alike.
Thank you for your enthusiasm and participation on Club Lexus!