Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

LexusTuner magazine cover

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-02, 12:00 PM
LeXusBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by futuregs
What if...some of us CL people actually did come together to chip in for a magazine. What if
GSTRANCE and I did the graphics and page layout,
LunaR and Sasha, and other took care of articles,
and someone could obtain some advertising for the actual magazine.

Honestly I think it would be a tremendous hit. We could have everything from DIY projects, to upcoming future Lexus ideas. We could do Ride of the Month, witha little interview of the person. DO media coverage of Lexus throughout the car scene such as at car shows. FOr some reason i think it's a fantastic idea. If anyone knows a business that could actually print this magazine, please let me know, I'll get into it myself if I have too. =]
Could I help with the Grafx??
Old 08-05-02, 12:49 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by LeXusBoy

Could I help with the Grafx??
sure if u wanted, but first someone has to actually get this started and find someone to print these magazines, maybe get some local distribution.

Sorry bout me not bein online LexusBoy been busy with my girlfriend (no wut i mean??? )
Old 08-05-02, 10:51 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

where can i subscribe on this magazine "LEXUS TUNER" ?
Old 08-05-02, 11:07 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

a1exus,you should try reading the first part of this thread first,or you can send me $200.00 for a year subscription.
Old 08-07-02, 04:05 PM
bizarreRide
Driver

Well, I guess step one would be to decide what's going to be in the magazine in a general outline sort of way. Here's a start...everybody chip in with other ideas...

(NOTE: I don't see this being a "monthly" magazine, but I am using the word "monthly" to refer to sections that will appear in every issue)

5 Feature Articles (3-5 pages each w/ pics)
- These would be the meat of the mag...these would be like the articles that are highlighted on the cover
- Could include road tests of new models, challenges vs. other cars, features on certain cars (like one of the Team Lexus cars, or one thats won a bunch of trophies, or whatever), etc.

Monthly Spotlight sections for each model (2 page spread each)

Featured Mod (we should try to always include dyno results for mods that we review, and if possible try them on different models - maybe we can get a dyno sponsor that will give us free dyno runs in exchange for advertising)

Featured Kit (?)

Featured Club/Team (1 page)

Reader's Rides

Letters

Dealership Spotlight

Like I said, just a start.

It would probably good to assign some roles too...if people are made responsible for different parts of the mag, things are more likely to get done faster.

Later,
bR
Old 09-18-02, 04:16 AM
Biggers
Driver School Candidate

Default So you wanna see a "Lexus Tuner"

Some things have shifted in my directions upon publishing companies.

Let's leave this limited, but I've left where I was at PRIMEDIA, working with a smaller yet powerful online/magazine publisher, doing some things related to exactly what everyone has described here that they want.

I would appreciate direct communication from the players on this board and is300.net, to determine if this type of magazine is possible.

Recently in the Lexus market, owning a Lexus myself with tremendous ambitions on performance upgrades, seeing the excitement of the possibilites that lie, I wouldn't mind doing the numbers and having a conversation with the powers that be in devloping a market for what you all are asking for.

I've said all I can, and I hope I get some emails soon.

Josh
jlbiggers@attbi.com
Old 09-18-02, 03:53 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

If this magazine does get printed and becomes a a big hit which I'm sure it would and the more exposure it gets I think companies would start to see that Lexus owners are looking for more mods. I have a SC400 and theres really not too much you can do with it. If they read the stuff on this forum they'd know how badly most SC400 owners want a twin turbo or supercharger. This exposure would give copanies an idea of what we want and giving them a chance to mass produce it. A great win-win situation. Of course for it to actually work the magazine has to be printed. So lets get it started. I'm dying to get a good twin turbo setup in my SC.
Old 10-03-02, 03:05 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can self publish VERY easy. Getting it into Borders and Barnes and Noble will force you to give up a lot of your profit, but in return for more readers.

You could almost give the magazine away since the advertising of wheel companies, liquor, cigarettes, performance vendors etc will be wanting to place ads. Start off with a Quarterly subscription the first year and make is like $12 per year plus S&H.

I looked into this before to publish a book. You can take any business and make it profitable IF you have someone doing Sales who is highly motivated.

Find 5 people who want to form a LLC, who can agree on an operating agreement (partnerships are ROUGH, trust me) and who have $2500 in capital (per person) and you’re on your way.

Use and abuse all of the partners connections, friends and family (you could assemble more working capital from those who want to advertise)

And the EASIEST part, the content. How many shops and vendors do we know? Putting together a packed magazine every quarter would be nothing, that is the easiest part.

Getting a salesman to get all the advertising would be the trick, self publish and or work with a publishing and distribution company to get your mag into the stores (could eat up to 50-75% of the sale price of the mag, which is fine, you want the revenue from advertising.)

Anyone up for a business venture?