Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

Need help with printing

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-02, 02:19 AM
GrafFX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talk about HUMOR

Wow I am really LMAO....This has to be the most humor I have seen in awhile. You get a taste of what I do on a daily basis. Being a true Graphics Designer implys more to just know how to use a few tools in Photoshop. I cant believe some of these post. First I would like to know how resolution=150 pixels/inch. Shows your graphic design knowlegde is very limited.

You might want to stop using your pirated version of PS and just use microsoft paint. Just to educate to moderator AGAIN. Resolution is determined by the amount of Pixels Per (linear) Inch. There is no set value or number. So when you create a new document in PS you can use 1 to 96000 or higher. But then were talking major hard drive space for an image of 96000 ppi LOL(gigs and gigs).

Now whoever said that using over a resolution of 150 is a waste. Come close to the screen.............SMACK YOURSELF. Please get your Photoshop manuel out and read. Oh thats right you dont own it. Most printers of todays standards are much higher than 150 dpi. And if your going to kinkos then there Lasers printers are capable of higher dpi than 150. So you are just cheating yourself.

Now with your layout you have text, photographs and shapes set as the backgound. Now the reason all professional dont usually use PS for output is due to being a bitmap/pixel base application. You can use vector text and shapes in 6 & 7, but if you rasterize them you lose all the mathematical info. And its morphs to a square pixel shape/text . Thats why you use a vextor base prog instead of a raster base prog.

So if you plan on doing this professional. Get it done PROFESSIONAL. And dont take advice from people that dont know what they are talking about. Oh I have to go lmao.........So sad I couldnt help you further. Feel free to message me on my AIM messenger (markuscoolest).

PS: As industy standard:Web output - 72 ppi document size
Print output - 300 ppi document size
(can go upto 600+ ppi document size
for print output but you really dont
gain much extra detail or Resolution)
Mark
Graphic Designer
Desktop Publisher

Last edited by GrafFX; 07-06-02 at 02:35 AM.
Old 07-06-02, 08:54 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Wow, I'm impressed, it was so nice of you to come in with your all knowing graphic design knowledge and dump on these guys If you can't beat that maybe you should just not "help" anymore.
Old 07-06-02, 10:49 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

being that I AGAIN will be the mature one, I'm not gonna flame anything u just said, but I'm gonna say this....

A. If your gonna flame ME or anyone else, your not welcome here.
B. If your gonna be a smarta$$ by putting "I WOULDNT OWN ONE" for your "My Lexus:" then your also not welcome. And just to show my 19yr old immaturity I'm also gonna say this:
Maybe when you can afford one you can have that in your BIO. But until then stick with your 1993 Civic with 1.8 GSR Motorswap and bolt ons. And pray you don't pull up next to me at a stoplight cuz your 1.8 and my 4.0, hell need I say more.

There I'm finished gettin you off my chest.
Old 07-06-02, 11:29 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

GrafFX we don't care how much you know, your irritating attitude will get you BANNED from this board if you push your luck too far.
Old 07-06-02, 11:49 AM
LexFather

GrafFX, were you raised by a Catholic priest bub?

Your seem to be very knowledgable, that can be appreicated, but stop acting like you invented Microsoft Office and you forgot to copyright it and you are mad at the world because of your mistake.

Old 07-06-02, 01:03 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a GrafFx(markuscoolest) Photoshop masterpiece from:

http://profiles.yahoo.com/markuskoolest

http://members.yahoo.com/interests?....koolest+&.sb=1
Attached Thumbnails Need help with printing-reallybored.jpg  
Old 07-06-02, 08:27 PM
GrafFX
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks for looking out

As we come to ASSUMPTION again.....Someone on the clubsi board had asked me to whip up something for them. I am so sorry for trying to help others. Thats the way we exchanged the image. Now without sounding like an EGOTISTICAL *****. I work with ONLY the print side of the industry. Thats were I choose to be. I am not interested with web design.

So I dont have a way to display work. Unless I scan(or cd-rom)something to show. I do more work in the DTP area. Which I use PS, ILL, ID, AE and a few Microsoft programs. I dont have a problem helping others. But I guess when I see something explained half backwards and wrong. I get alittle cocky. Now for my car haha. That isnt the issue here. Dont start a flame war.

I could careless if you are the president and drive a rolls royce. So please leave the cars(kids)lol out of it. How about this: I challenge anyone of you in a game of Photoshop Tennis fair and square. Any takers ? This would be a nice way to put the seal on the cap haha. So please message me on AIM markuscoolest. Or perhaps we can keep it here. Well whenever your ready let me know........

Mark
GD'er DTP'er
Old 07-06-02, 08:53 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Thanks for looking out

Originally posted by GrafFX
As we come to ASSUMPTION again.....Someone on the clubsi board had asked me to whip up something for them.
I haven't assumed anything. That's your work and it sucks.
I don't have to assume it sucks. It just does, empirically.

Like you...and your hondacar...and your attitude...and your lack
of substance. You're basically nothing but cheap-*** clownshoes.
Old 07-06-02, 09:13 PM
GrafFX
Driver School Candidate

Default Oh please

You really did hurt my feelings . I must not be worthy. Whatever kid. I never once bagged on his work or anyones work here. You might want to pick up some comprehension and reading skills. I was correcting his reply. Thats not saying hes a good or bad photoshopper. Thats saying his knowledge of the print world is about as small as your IQ.

If you would like, I could explain alittle more about the print world. This isnt my own little theory I just came up with. This is standard numbers used. I might seem alittle cocky, but some of you do come acrossed as arrogant ******. For what reason......a car....LMAO. Its a piece of steel, plastic and moving parts. To each his own !

P.S. To the one that made the clownshoe cut down. If you seem to be such a great judger of image. Why dont you take my challenge. You want to talk to talk I offer to walk to walk.......
Old 07-06-02, 09:38 PM
Static911

Please stay on the subject to prevent this thread from becoming locked.

Thanks,

Ethan

Last edited by Static911; 07-06-02 at 09:39 PM.