Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

First airbushing attempt with a mouse...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-02, 10:57 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First airbushing attempt with a mouse...

I took a regularly drawn pic and airbrushed it. I've never normally done a figure before so here is original:
Attached Thumbnails First airbushing attempt with a mouse...-thumb.jpg  
Old 06-19-02, 10:58 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Here is my attempt:
Attached Thumbnails First airbushing attempt with a mouse...-thumb2.jpg  
Old 06-19-02, 11:46 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good future, did you us PShop?
Old 06-19-02, 11:51 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

yup, photoshop 7.0 and my handy dandy airbrush tool, then I set al my airbrushed layers to Multiply.
Old 06-19-02, 06:47 PM
mcnelson
Lexus Test Driver

Didn't that take a long time using the airbrush. There must be something that I am doing wrong, it would take me forever if I tried, and also would have a hard time staying within lines using airbrush. Is there a paint buckt to use to fill in large areas much quicker?
Old 06-19-02, 07:50 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by mcnelson
Didn't that take a long time using the airbrush. There must be something that I am doing wrong, it would take me forever if I tried, and also would have a hard time staying within lines using airbrush. Is there a paint buckt to use to fill in large areas much quicker?
THe paint bucket will not cover the whole area, and may even spread some color into the lines. No it didn't take that long, I used various sized feather brushes (5,9,19,25). Smaller brushes for smaller spots, whend ealing with black lines you don't have to worry about staying in the lines. You color over the lines and set your layer to "MULTIPLY" It will take the color and put it underneath the pic, which basically means it will put the black lines over the color so you don't have to be so careful when coloring.
Old 06-28-02, 09:00 PM
mcnelson
Lexus Test Driver

As soon as you let go off the mouse to change the size of the airbrush, if you go over any of the color spots you alread did, for example, her skin, then it makes it a different depper color, what am I doing wrong?
Old 06-28-02, 10:28 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

As soon as you let go off the mouse to change the size of the airbrush, if you go over any of the color spots you alread did, for example, her skin, then it makes it a different depper color, what am I doing wrong?
hmmm, maybe I didnt make myself that clear. =]

For each color you use or for each new part of the face put it on ANOTHER LAYER - seperate to the background layer. Now for instance If i was just coloringin her face, I'd use that peachy color and then go in and color everything in with the airbrush. Then I'd set THAT PARTICULAR layer to multiply and it would allow any deeper colors to show through, in this case the black details in her face.

It appears to me that your setting the actual airbrush to Multiply, but you shouldn't. Only set the LAYER to multiply.

If this isn't what your looking for I'll post something for you that will help, some photos of what to do. =]
Old 06-28-02, 11:09 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

future did you use a Tablet or the trusty ol mouse, I got a Wacom tablet but havent even tried it yet.I am runnig Win.XP and am having a ***** trying to get drivers for all my outboard gear, so I am hesitant about hookin it up.Are they tight though do you know? I might scan in some drawings i did and let you airbrush them if you want to practice on something
Old 06-29-02, 10:27 AM
mcnelson
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, I was setting the entire airbrush to multiple. So I go to layer and go to create new layer and then it bring up a little box and then from that box select multiple right? But can I switch it to multiple in the middle of coloring something? Attached is my go at it when I did it the wrong way.
Attached Thumbnails First airbushing attempt with a mouse...-thumb.jpg  

Last edited by mcnelson; 06-29-02 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-30-02, 10:06 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Yeah, I was setting the entire airbrush to multiple. So I go to layer and go to create new layer and then it bring up a little box and then from that box select multiple right? But can I switch it to multiple in the middle of coloring something? Attached is my go at it when I did it the wrong way.
looks to me like you did it right. Yes u use multiply in the LAYER not in the AIRBRUSH properties.
Old 06-30-02, 10:14 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GSTRANCE
future did you use a Tablet or the trusty ol mouse, I got a Wacom tablet but havent even tried it yet.I am runnig Win.XP and am having a ***** trying to get drivers for all my outboard gear, so I am hesitant about hookin it up.Are they tight though do you know? I might scan in some drawings i did and let you airbrush them if you want to practice on something

no i used the trusty ole mouse. =]

I need a tablet bad though.
Old 07-08-02, 10:47 PM
1loudlex
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Talking This is mine

Here is my version....
Attached Thumbnails First airbushing attempt with a mouse...-girl.jpg