Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

PS TRD Script please

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-10, 03:56 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PS TRD Script please

I need to do a custom project and need your help. What I need is for someone to help me photoshop the "Racing Development TRD" Sticker that is attached to the spark plug cover in the attached picture and place it on a plain white background so that I can take it to a vinyl shop and have the script cut out. I'd appreciate it alot if someone can help me out. thanks. Oh, I heard someone said that it's better if it was a vector file or something like that. http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y16...rent=cover.jpg

Old 04-12-10, 05:54 PM
ES300SD
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this work for you?
Attached Thumbnails PS TRD Script please-trchop.jpg  
Old 04-12-10, 07:20 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ES300SD
Does this work for you?
Thank you very much for the help. Could I take this image to say a vinyl shop and then they can make me a stencil out of this file? How big can I expand this file? I'm looking to make a template where I can airbrush the script onto my spark plug cover.
Old 04-13-10, 02:02 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found this

http://stickerock.blogspot.com/2009/...velpoment.html

I don't know anything about the website though.
Old 04-13-10, 05:23 PM
8lastoff
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
Thank you very much for the help. Could I take this image to say a vinyl shop and then they can make me a stencil out of this file? How big can I expand this file? I'm looking to make a template where I can airbrush the script onto my spark plug cover.

What ES300SD is perfect for you to take to a vinyl shop. Usually they have the software to turn this jpeg into a Vector file. If they do have the programs, then they can pretty much scale it to whatever size you need and then make you a stencil from vinyl. The simple black letters and white back round should make it really easy for them to make a Vector file. A Vector file just helps their vinyl machine cut the vinyl at the precision you would like the "stencil" displayed (i.e. no pixels cut into the text, which you may get from a normal jpeg)
Old 04-14-10, 08:50 AM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 8lastoff
What ES300SD is perfect for you to take to a vinyl shop. Usually they have the software to turn this jpeg into a Vector file. If they do have the programs, then they can pretty much scale it to whatever size you need and then make you a stencil from vinyl. The simple black letters and white back round should make it really easy for them to make a Vector file. A Vector file just helps their vinyl machine cut the vinyl at the precision you would like the "stencil" displayed (i.e. no pixels cut into the text, which you may get from a normal jpeg)
thanks for the clear explanation. I'll take the file over to a vinyl shop to have it cut today.