Photoshop Forum The place to photoshop rims, bodykits and etc. for your Lexus or other automobile.

photoshop request please

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-04, 12:11 AM
chrisgs
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default photoshop request please

please change this hood to white, thanks
Attached Thumbnails photoshop request please-sessions-aristo-white.jpg  
Old 08-13-04, 09:34 AM
ES300SD
Pole Position

Here is my attempt...sorry if it sucks...I havent messed around with replacing colors very much. Hope it works for you!
Attached Thumbnails photoshop request please-gs.jpg  
Old 08-13-04, 10:31 AM
caliness
Pole Position

Black isn't very friendly when it comes to changing colors.
Old 08-13-04, 01:06 PM
Jc4dint
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is'nt the black that's difficult, it's the dramatic shadows that's hard. But here's my 15 mins of Photoshop time, with bigger wheels and more lowering.

Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails photoshop request please-whitegs.jpg  
Old 08-13-04, 01:10 PM
caliness
Pole Position

How did you achieve the shadowing only on that portion? Did you set the layer as transparent with a white layer under it, then played with the layer shadowing effects??

Originally posted by Jc4dint
It is'nt the black that's difficult, it's the dramatic shadows that's hard. But here's my 15 mins of Photoshop time, with bigger wheels and more lowering.

Enjoy
Old 08-13-04, 01:20 PM
Jc4dint
Driver

Default tips

For those who are interested in the how to

First select the section you want changed using a lasso tool, that way you don't paint or paste over parts you didn't want.
To acheive the same texture as the picture, use stamp. Use the door or other big part to copy from, then stamp in the area selected. You have to repeat as many times as desired.
For streaks use the healing tool to blend.
But now there's a huge transition from the dramatic shadow to the bright white you painted right.
Select as much of the shadow using the wand or lasso it. Then go to curves, apple M or control M for PC, adjust as necessary. But go little by little, do a step method to do the darker areas. Don't apply too much otherwise it will look funky.
Got lines and streaks or breaks from using the curve?
Use the healing tool, but beware if you go too close to the edge you pull a lot of the dark stuff you don;t need. But you can always deselect.

Oh last but not least, always, always start with a well lit, good quality picture. It will save you a lot of headaches, also doesn't hurt to work big, zoom zoom zoom.

Hope that helps some of you photoshoppers, anyone can ask me for tip if they want.
Or the other CL photoshoppers.
Old 08-13-04, 01:32 PM
Jc4dint
Driver

No tranparencies here, did everything in one layer with the exception of the wheels and shadow.
When you do a transparent with a layer underneath it, one you can use a textured underlayer, but you have to do some creative erasing by setting the opacity. With layer shadowing, I think you have cut a separate layer and then you can do a shadow. But I wouldn't recommend that. My newest best friend is the Healing tool, the bandaid looking one. But if you use it too much things look blurred, so moderation is key. To sum it up using the techniques you asked increases layers, which makes your file bigger. It's okay for print outs, but for web it isn't recommended. As I had struggles the first time I posted a pic on CL.

Hope that helps

Originally posted by caliness
How did you achieve the shadowing only on that portion? Did you set the layer as transparent with a white layer under it, then played with the layer shadowing effects??
Old 08-13-04, 11:01 PM
chrisgs
Driver

thanks for all your time, Sessions kit look much better now.