Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

OVTuning Hand held tuner

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-17, 06:19 PM
B00M3R
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts
Default OVTuning Hand held tuner

I have ordered my Hand held tuner and am waiting for delivery and was wondering if anyone else has gone for this option and their opinion of it.

For those who haven't see it here is what is said about it.

Lexus IS250 and IS350 Handheld Flash tuner for STOCK ECU!!

For 2006-2013 Lexus IS250, IS350 (ISF coming soon)

Gain up to 25+ Ft lbs of torque!!

(higher with optional E85 tuning)

Simply plug in, save your stock data, select your tune file, flash your tune and go.

- Ignition Timing Table modification
- Fuel maps and Fuel Targets
- Sensor Calibrations
- Transmission Torque output control
- Throttle torque control
- Rev limiter increase (optional)
- Camshaft VVT tuning
transmission shift tuning
7400 RPM optional rev limiter
and more
will come with up to 5 loadable tunes including:
- 91 octane stock parts
- 93 octane stock parts
-91/93 octane with full bolt ons (intake, header, exhaust)
***Premium fuel is required with our reflash for 91 ***We will offer our standard tune updates for no additional charge. Which means that if you're running our map "1.02" and we, for example, fine tune an additional setting that makes the car shift smoother, or faster, and have an updated "1.03".. you can download this map, flash it to your car, for no additional charge.

- Will hold up to 5 tunes + stock, plug in, flash your tune and go.

Our tablets will also come with a program you can install on your PC that will allow you to manage it for updates. We will have updated tune files that can be downloaded directly and loaded on your handheld.

For example if you're running our "91 octane N/A Bolt On Reflash 1.02" and we have an updated version of this tune in the future, you can download the 1.03 tune patch, load it onto the tablet, upload the newer tune and go. Which means you will always have access to our latest developments, and future tunes

Old 03-06-17, 06:22 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

There are two threads just a few posts under yours:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ce-review.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ne-review.html
Old 03-06-17, 06:38 PM
B00M3R
Driver

Originally Posted by MasonGrey
I am not looking for reviews on the tune as I have the tune and have participated in both of those threads.
I am looking for info on the Handheld Tuner as stated in my post. Unless I missed it in either of those threads it has not been talked about.
Old 03-06-17, 09:18 PM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

Woah they released a handheld tuner and it now includes the 2IS 250? I know what I'm getting soon

Edit... it's $659 without a bench flash aka never tuned so I guess I'm getting other things first :P
Old 03-07-17, 08:57 AM
B00M3R
Driver

Originally Posted by Aspect
Woah they released a handheld tuner and it now includes the 2IS 250? I know what I'm getting soon

Edit... it's $659 without a bench flash aka never tuned so I guess I'm getting other things first :P
Yeah this is more of a add on after you get tuned so you can change the tune out at your convenience.
Old 03-07-17, 06:10 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

First I've seen this! Give us a full review once received and used!
Old 03-07-17, 07:44 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the OVTuned handheld flashing tablet thingamajig

Works great! It's much more portable than carrying around a laptop or tablet.
The power source all comes from the obd2 connection so no worrying about having to charge tablet/laptop battery.

It does take a good 3-5 mins to flash the complete tune over and sadly there's no data logging capabilities.
The interface is nice and simple though and can pull trouble codes.
It can hold 5 tunes + stock - which also makes it great for flashing the e85 tune over (I've not yet tried e85, it's on my to do once I'v gone through most of this tank).

Overall very happy with the device
Old 03-07-17, 08:45 PM
B00M3R
Driver

Originally Posted by LexSense
I have the OVTuned handheld flashing tablet thingamajig

Works great! It's much more portable than carrying around a laptop or tablet.
The power source all comes from the obd2 connection so no worrying about having to charge tablet/laptop battery.

It does take a good 3-5 mins to flash the complete tune over and sadly there's no data logging capabilities.
The interface is nice and simple though and can pull trouble codes.
It can hold 5 tunes + stock - which also makes it great for flashing the e85 tune over (I've not yet tried e85, it's on my to do once I'v gone through most of this tank).

Overall very happy with the device
Damn I expected it to do datalogging. oh well. I am glad you like it, haven't received mine yet. Seems to be taking a while.
Old 03-14-17, 03:46 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 768 Likes on 671 Posts

Any more reviews? How about people that may of purchased the never benched one. I have received mine so far yesterday. Updating the handheld went smooth, but as trying to download the stock ecu got an error saying calibration file not found. I've since emailed them the issue, and they responded requesting ECU number so far. Will update as progress goes on.

Mike
2010 IS250 AWD
Old 03-14-17, 09:02 PM
B00M3R
Driver

I received mine yesterday as well. Same issue as you. was told that it would be updated in the morning. so far I cant make it work till they change something on there side.
I will review after I get it working. Let me know if yours starts working and I will check mine as well.
Old 03-16-17, 07:59 AM
buister
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Is anybody planning to get this for running E85 fuel? I have no experience with this fuel, but reading about it kind of scares me on how it can damage your engine if your car didn't have all the right components. That said, the power increase is really tempting, so maybe I will buy it to use E85 on occasions only.
Old 03-16-17, 07:22 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by buister
Is anybody planning to get this for running E85 fuel? I have no experience with this fuel, but reading about it kind of scares me on how it can damage your engine if your car didn't have all the right components. That said, the power increase is really tempting, so maybe I will buy it to use E85 on occasions only.
Personally, until an affordable high capacity high pressure fuel pump is available for our motors, I'd like to think our factory fuel systems cannot flow enough E85 at WOT since this fuel requires roughly 25-35% more fuel throughput in order to work correctly. Kinda doubt a safe E85 tune can truly be available on our motors.

And yes, I've personally ran E85 in one of my boosted project cars and know the true potential of this fuel. But it has its drawbacks.
Old 03-16-17, 10:44 PM
DickH
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I am not sure how much you would gain from e85 on our motor. If we are running into problems running optimal timing while NA then it could help some but im not sure if it would be worth the hassle. Personally if I had to do something for timing I would run a meth kit as you could treat that as an extra injector.
Old 03-17-17, 07:16 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 768 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by B00M3R
I received mine yesterday as well. Same issue as you. was told that it would be updated in the morning. so far I cant make it work till they change something on there side.
I will review after I get it working. Let me know if yours starts working and I will check mine as well.
B00M3R,

Major Update on the device available. Just plug it in to your PC or Laptop. Open up the program, and let it update itself approx 10 min or so. Hopefully it will work. I won't be able to check until I get home after work. GL!
The following users liked this post:
B00M3R (03-17-17)
Old 03-17-17, 02:49 PM
B00M3R
Driver

Originally Posted by tlts82
B00M3R,

Major Update on the device available. Just plug it in to your PC or Laptop. Open up the program, and let it update itself approx 10 min or so. Hopefully it will work. I won't be able to check until I get home after work. GL!
thanks man, updating as I type this. will report after.

Edit: damn its a huge update. been updating for 10 minutes.

Edit 2: Well its a nope for me. still get the same error. Getting pretty fed up with no communication and it not working.

Last edited by B00M3R; 03-17-17 at 03:13 PM.

Quick Reply: OVTuning Hand held tuner