Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

aFe Takeda air intake system install

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-17, 11:12 PM
airjordan1
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking aFe Takeda air intake system install

Just installed the Takeda air intake into my IS250. Sounds amazing starting from around 3200 rpm. Shoutout to @Rudiculous for selling me the intake. Made buying my first mod for my car a great experience. Worth every penny.
Old 02-18-17, 11:31 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Sound clips?

Wanna explain how to install lol. Planning to get one of those too.
Old 02-18-17, 11:57 PM
airjordan1
Rookie

I haven't filmed the after sound clip yet but will post it once I do.

http://afepower.com/media/pdp-files/TR-2004P-D-is.pdf

That's the instructions I used when I was installing it. Overall it was a pretty easy install and shouldn't take long if you have all the right tools. The only problem I had was with the OEM crank case vent tube as it kept slipping off the intake. I'm planning on getting tighter clips but I temporarily solved the problem by tying metal wires to the tube to keep it from slipping and its been working pretty well so far it just looks a little ghetto.

Old 02-19-17, 12:00 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

^ for that, have you tried hose clamps? Probably would work/look better than the metal wires.

& looks like you got a used one from a CL mem, how much?

Thanks for the instruction link btw.
Old 02-19-17, 12:07 AM
airjordan1
Rookie

I'll look into those tomorrow when I get the chance. There's a Pepboys and Lowe's close to where I live, this is just a temporary solution. Yup, I got it for 200 and no problem man. To be honest the install is really simple just getting the bottom half of the OEM air filter box was a pain in the *** for me because of the bottom screw. It was hard to reach.
Old 02-19-17, 12:10 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by airjordan1
I'll look into those tomorrow when I get the chance. There's a Pepboys and Lowe's close to where I live, this is just a temporary solution. Yup, I got it for 200 and no problem man. To be honest the install is really simple just getting the bottom half of the OEM air filter box was a pain in the *** for me because of the bottom screw. It was hard to reach.
Sweet. I'm keeping an eye out for one. Hoping to get one used for cheap as well. I'v heard they are ~400 new
Old 02-19-17, 01:21 AM
tuanyes84
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey,

Just installed mine as well and also had issues with the hose slipping off. I got a cheap 50 cent hose clamp at my local auto store and that did the trick for me. I saw the one offered for sale but already had an order placed for one for $327 shipped at JM Auto Racing using a discount code. I love the way it sounds when you get on the throttle! I just ordered my F Sport exhaust so I'm looking forward to having some grunt in the low end and high end RPM range!
Old 02-19-17, 10:17 AM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tuanyes84
Hey,

Just installed mine as well and also had issues with the hose slipping off. I got a cheap 50 cent hose clamp at my local auto store and that did the trick for me. I saw the one offered for sale but already had an order placed for one for $327 shipped at JM Auto Racing using a discount code. I love the way it sounds when you get on the throttle! I just ordered my F Sport exhaust so I'm looking forward to having some grunt in the low end and high end RPM range!
I just got the fsport exhaust, now I'm looking for more grunt. Friends say greddy/takeda combo with the fsport is niceeeeeeeeeee.

Once you get your's installed, SOUND CLIPS!
Old 02-19-17, 06:46 PM
airjordan1
Rookie

sound clip after the intake was installed. Thinking of an invidia axelback as my next mod.
Old 02-19-17, 07:31 PM
Miggy2349
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by airjordan1
sound clip after the intake was installed. Thinking of an invidia axelback as my next mod.
I have invidia axelback and i really like it, it has a deep sound and sounds so clean without being extremely loud, you can hear the car downshift by itself when is on sport mode.
Old 02-20-17, 11:41 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

If anyone is interested in this intake, contact us for pricing. Hear the car breathe!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-23-17, 01:58 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Glad you're enjoying the intake.

Did you end up buying and installing a new hose clamp? If so, have an image to show other members?
Old 02-24-17, 10:53 PM
Gerxiong89
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Intake sounds nice. Took mine off though and sold it. Stock intake is better for the power.
Old 03-08-17, 06:09 PM
airjordan1
Rookie

clamp was like 3 bucks at pepboys for 2 of them. Hose didn't have any problems after that
Old 09-28-17, 06:40 PM
KevnGarvey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gerxiong89
Intake sounds nice. Took mine off though and sold it. Stock intake is better for the power.
did you experience a noticeable difference in power reduction by using the takeda intake? is it just basically for sound

Quick Reply: aFe Takeda air intake system install