Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Real Exhaust Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-17, 02:45 PM
350EfSport
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmoses77
I think that I've narrowed it down to either the Invidia q300 axle back or the JoeZ axle back. Anyone have any experience with the two that can let me know which one is throatier, deeper in tone? That is what I am looking for.

Cheers
Got my JoeZ axleback installed last weekend. Looks like snow headed our way Tuesday so I will probably be putting it away for a couple days starting Monday. Might be around on Sunday if you are interested in hearing it. I will PM you my cell number and we can meet up.
Old 03-11-17, 06:11 AM
Solara350
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 69 Posts

Sound like you want just the Intake system, i am same like you, muffler is too loud for me, the wife and the kids in the back couldnt handle the noise, intake was my only option
Old 03-11-17, 06:40 AM
jmoses77
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Solara350
Sound like you want just the Intake system, i am same like you, muffler is too loud for me, the wife and the kids in the back couldnt handle the noise, intake was my only option
I've already installed the Takeda intake and love the way it sounds. I just want a little bit more. From listening to youtube videos of both the JoeZ and Invidia axle backs it sounds like what I am looking for. Under heavy load they sound aggressive but minimally invasive under cruising conditions. I am leaning towards the Invidia due to the fact that it sounds a little throatier.
Old 03-11-17, 09:17 AM
tuanyes84
Driver School Candidate

I just installed the f-sport exhaust on my IS250 and it is by far one of the best mods I have gotten for my car. Under low acceleration up to 3k you can hear the low level purr from the exhaust. After 3k I mostly hear my Takeda intake. I can definitely tell a difference from the stock as the stock exhaust really had no audible notes under acceleration. I've heard clips of JoeZ and Invidia and those options sound excellent as well. I mainly decided on the f-sport because I liked the look of the polish steel much more and I'm a sucker for the f sport engraving on the exhaust tips. I wish I had a pro cam/mic setup to really give you an idea of what it sounds like but the only comparison I can make is to the first gen Infiniti g-coupes that had the really distinct exhaust note...that's what the f-sport exhaust reminds me of.
Old 03-12-17, 09:22 AM
beezmarkee
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

So anyone in the know... which exhaust has more drone, the F-sport, Joe-Z, or the Invidia? I am ruling out the Tanabe. I had a good friend with the same brand on an Acura and it was way too raspy for my liking.
Tanabe is the worst to heard. The most calm muffler. I wanna buy F Sport or Invidia axle back as well like you
Old 03-12-17, 05:44 PM
jmoses77
Rookie

I've decided to go with the Invidia. Should be delivered this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it meets my needs. Hoping that it will.
Old 03-12-17, 10:36 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Contact us for the Invidia one!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-13-17, 02:41 AM
beezmarkee
Driver

I've decided to go with the Invidia. Should be delivered this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it meets my needs. Hoping that it will.
I choose from F Sport and Invidia Axles back..
Old 03-21-17, 09:24 AM
cbus
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Just saying...I most certainly noticed a difference even going to the Tanabe. I like how it sounds...plus it doesn't wake all the neighbors up when I cold start at 5:15AM.
Old 03-22-17, 05:13 PM
Jman0711
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cbus
Just saying...I most certainly noticed a difference even going to the Tanabe. I like how it sounds...plus it doesn't wake all the neighbors up when I cold start at 5:15AM.
Snaking my way in here, how does the Tanabe sound at highway speeds? I honestly just want something that just looks better with minimal noise changes. If it sounds good at throttle, awesome, but if it was close to stock at normal driving, idling etc would be a plus.
Old 03-22-17, 05:40 PM
jmoses77
Rookie

I finally got around to installing the Invidia today. I only took it for a quick spin but didn't notice much of a difference. I was on back roads only so didn't get the rpms much beyond 5k. There was a little bit more growl when I stomped on the throttle from a stop but it was hard to differentiate between the exhaust and the intake. I look forward to testing it out on an onramp tomorrow on the way to work.

Originally Posted by Jman0711
Snaking my way in here, how does the Tanabe sound at highway speeds? I honestly just want something that just looks better with minimal noise changes. If it sounds good at throttle, awesome, but if it was close to stock at normal driving, idling etc would be a plus.
From what I have read and heard the Tanabe is even quieter than the Invidia. I'll let you know what it sounds like on the highway but my initial impression is that the invidia would be the way for you to go. If I were spending money on an exhaust I would want some sort of sound improvement over stock. Otherwise just spend the money on new exhaust tips. If you are doing an axle back system you are not getting any performance gains.

Cheers
Old 03-23-17, 04:58 AM
beezmarkee
Driver

I finally got around to installing the Invidia today. I only took it for a quick spin but didn't notice much of a difference. I was on back roads only so didn't get the rpms much beyond 5k. There was a little bit more growl when I stomped on the throttle from a stop but it was hard to differentiate between the exhaust and the intake. I look forward to testing it out on an onramp tomorrow on the way to work.

From what I have read and heard the Tanabe is even quieter than the Invidia. I'll let you know what it sounds like on the highway but my initial impression is that the invidia would be the way for you to go. If I were spending money on an exhaust I would want some sort of sound improvement over stock. Otherwise just spend the money on new exhaust tips. If you are doing an axle back system you are not getting any performance gains.

Cheers
Any chance to hear bassy sound at 2-3K rpm?
Old 03-23-17, 07:28 AM
cbus
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

You absolutely hear a difference with the Tanabe. It has a deep bass sound at idle and under acceleration. Listen to one of their YouTube videos but with headphones on....anything else (through a phone or laptop) will not reproduce the actual sound of the exhaust.

At 2000RPM cruising at 80 I can actually hear my exhaust, which wasn't possible with stock. Driving through the local mountain/twisties road with stock exhaust, I'd roll down my windows to hear what the engine was doing. I don't need to anymore with the Tanabe.
Old 03-23-17, 03:16 PM
jmoses77
Rookie

Originally Posted by beezmarkee
Any chance to hear bassy sound at 2-3K rpm?
I gota chance to drive on the highway today with the Invidia. Under normal cruising conditions, 1.8-2k rpm in eco mode, the exhaust was not noticeable. In normal, sport, and sport plus the exhaust in noticeable from about 2200 rpm on until the noise starts to get mixed in with the intake sound around 4k. I don't know if I would label the sound as "bassy" but it is a low frequency sound. More like a thrumming. It is not high pitched and definitely not annoying. When cruising, I am happy to report that there is no drone whatsoever. If you are looking for a subtle aggressive increase on acceleration but no interference when commuting or traveling with easily upset passengers (wives) I would recommend the Invidia exhaust.
Old 03-23-17, 11:50 PM
beezmarkee
Driver

I gota chance to drive on the highway today with the Invidia. Under normal cruising conditions, 1.8-2k rpm in eco mode, the exhaust was not noticeable. In normal, sport, and sport plus the exhaust in noticeable from about 2200 rpm on until the noise starts to get mixed in with the intake sound around 4k. I don't know if I would label the sound as "bassy" but it is a low frequency sound. More like a thrumming. It is not high pitched and definitely not annoying. When cruising, I am happy to report that there is no drone whatsoever. If you are looking for a subtle aggressive increase on acceleration but no interference when commuting or traveling with easily upset passengers (wives) I would recommend the Invidia exhaust.
so Invidia similar to stocky sound? You reccomend me to buy Invidia axle? or better axle+midpipe?

Quick Reply: Real Exhaust Opinion