Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t Aluminum Charge Pipe by FTP Motorsports

Old 01-18-17, 08:39 PM
Ricoo
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default IS200t Aluminum Charge Pipe by FTP Motorsports

Here is my review on the charge pipe for the IS200t by FTP Motorsports.
I felt a slight increase in throttle response, but not so much on the dreadful turbo lag. I tried this with only the burger tuning intake and the change was noticeable. I don’t think you’ll feel too much of a difference with this product alone. I find this aluminum charge pipe necessary if you're going to be running more boost.
I really dislike the turbo lag so im trying everything that’ll help reduce this. All of the products I have installed - burger tuning intake, charge pipe, ark exhaust, and the piggyback tune have increased the throttle response significantly. Unfortunately, because of the ECU the turbo lag is still hanging around. Anyways, I’ve had this product installed for a couple of weeks now without any problems. This product is worth it if you’re going to be running it with other performance mods, otherwise I wouldn’t bother!

Old 01-19-17, 06:02 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Cool, if you are talking about the accelerator lag that could be fixed with a reflash (when a legitimate one releases) or also an accelerator booster. What piggyback are you running?

http://www.apexi-usa.com/store/smart...ontroller.html
Old 01-20-17, 07:29 AM
Ricoo
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Cool, if you are talking about the accelerator lag that could be fixed with a reflash (when a legitimate one releases) or also an accelerator booster. What piggyback are you running?

Yea i've been checking those out. The one I had in mind was this one https://www.pedalcommander.com/brand...o-241-hp-200t/.
I have the VRtuned piggyback
Old 01-20-17, 07:48 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ricoo
Yea i've been checking those out. The one I had in mind was this one https://www.pedalcommander.com/brand...o-241-hp-200t/.
Ok cool, that should help with that issue.
Old 02-22-17, 07:48 PM
Arthur1523
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricoo
Does your VRTune actually work? Do you honestly feel a difference?
Old 03-01-17, 12:24 PM
cbus
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

You are not experiencing turbo lag. This is a small twin-scroll which actually spools quite quickly.

These cars are plagued with an accelerator delay, i.e. there is significant latency between the pedal position sensor changing and the ECU actually doing anything about it. This will be fixed in the OVTuned reflash for the 200T.
Old 07-17-17, 10:08 AM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Any updates on this turbo lag/ throttle lag issue? I just picked up a rc200t for my wife and we love the car but it could be better..
Did the VRtuned box help out any with the response or would the Apexi be the better route to go?
Old 07-17-17, 04:59 PM
Ricoo
Rookie

Originally Posted by cosmo1
Any updates on this turbo lag/ throttle lag issue? I just picked up a rc200t for my wife and we love the car but it could be better..
Did the VRtuned box help out any with the response or would the Apexi be the better route to go?

the VRtuned box does not help so much with the turbo lag. I can't say anything about the apexi throttle controller as i haven't tried it, but on paper it looks like it reduces throttle response. There is a tune out that removes the throttle lag so you may want to check that out.
I am looking to sell the VRtuned box if you are interested!
Old 07-17-17, 05:09 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

On the throttle delay issue, TTI Motorsport has a re-flash tune that improves it greatly. Turbo lag is still present, but once it builds the boost the pick up is a lot better than stock. The VRTuned box does not have any effects on throttle it simply adds boost to the motor.
Old 07-17-17, 05:19 PM
cosmo1
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm just not sold on having a company flash my lexus that is located half way around the world without even a way to contact them if something goes wrong. My plan is to contact burger motorsports to find out where they are with their tune...
Old 07-17-17, 05:44 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

I'm just not sold on having a company flash my lexus that is located half way around the world without even a way to contact them if something goes wrong. My plan is to contact burger motorsports to find out where they are with their tune...
Understood. There are several cars on here that are now running the TTI Re-flash tune and we all have been in contact with the tuner (Tony) if we have questions and concerns. Burger Tuning should be releasing their piggyback tune pretty soon, just note that a piggyback would do nothing to the throttle response, but it will definitely improve the performance.

Last edited by Sheddy; 07-18-17 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-17-17, 06:28 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,064 Likes on 1,559 Posts

On the throttle delay issue, TTI Motorsport has a re-flash tune that improves it greatly. Turbo lag is still present, but once it builds the boost the pick up is a lot better than stock. The VRTuned box does not have any effects on throttle it simply adds boost to the motor.
The actual question is this: does the TTI tune eliminate the 30% throttle limitation that Lexus designed? In other words, does a log w/ TTI stage 1 show 100% throttle angle opening the moment it's floored? If I recall, stock, it shows 30% limitation until a certain RPM.

If so, then great. Of course after that, whatever delay is perceived is just down to a 3,500 lb car being powered by a 4 banger.
Old 07-17-17, 06:32 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,064 Likes on 1,559 Posts

I think with that you are only talking pedal potentiometer tuning--that is the throttle will open with less pedal effort. But still does nothing for takeoff. The car is telling the throttle "NOPE CAN'T OPEN THROTTLE MORE THAN 30% UNTIL LATER"

The thing we need to clarify here is the Lexus engineered 30% throttle limitation. In other words how do we get the throttle plate opened at 100% from the moment you floor it from a stop. That's the question.

That's what everyone is wondering about. That's the limitation, apparently.

If one wants faster response (totally different from limitation) then they can simply put it in sport mode.
Old 07-17-17, 08:20 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by E46CT
I think with that you are only talking pedal potentiometer tuning--that is the throttle will open with less pedal effort. But still does nothing for takeoff. The car is telling the throttle "NOPE CAN'T OPEN THROTTLE MORE THAN 30% UNTIL LATER"

The thing we need to clarify here is the Lexus engineered 30% throttle limitation. In other words how do we get the throttle plate opened at 100% from the moment you floor it from a stop. That's the question.

If one wants faster response (totally different from limitation) then they can simply put it in sport mode.
My comment was since the beginning of this year. We already spoke about these "throttle boxes". Also are you still referring to OV findings of a "30%" throttle? Are they any other legitimate sources to prove this? We all acknowledged that there is a delay and it was improved greatly by getting the reflash . I will ask Tony for supporting documents/graph to show this.

Last edited by Sheddy; 07-18-17 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-17-17, 10:17 PM
TTITony
Former Sponsor

Received 112 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT

Actually our team released Stage 1 and stage 2 we have removed the throttle limitation at the same time that there is no doubt , of course another device can be control it if that's response and feeling what you want, we care about balance linearity even in the parking lot or on the driveway , The ECU is responsible for the execute control of the throttle, not control box change the ECU signal.

BTW If you are interested in our tune for stage 1 or stage 2 just let me know and then we are going to set up a service office end of August in Los Angeles, Southern California , good for everyone and convenience.

FYI
The following users liked this post:
cbus (07-18-17)