Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Invidia q300 axle back honest reviews

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-16, 08:03 PM
Miggy2349
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Invidia q300 axle back honest reviews

hey guys im planning to buy this exhaust but i would like to hear some reviews of some of you that have it. Only axle back.
Hows the drone inside the car?
How much did you like the sound?
Old 11-21-16, 04:49 PM
AeyBeCei
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recently got the axle back installed on the car. Minor drone is there when cruising. It has a nice deep sound to it.
Old 11-21-16, 11:13 PM
Miggy2349
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

even better if the sound is deep, i don't like raspy sound on cars especially on a luxury car, thats the main reason why im picking q300 over f sport exhaust other than the price. I think its the best choice for the price
Old 11-21-16, 11:51 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm running the H version which is slightly louder. I initially had some drone at 2000 RPM (and only exactly 2000), but after putting miles on the exhaust, it went away. It's still there but it's so minimal, I could play music at a low volume and not know it's there.
Old 12-01-16, 02:16 PM
Fsportme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the Invidia Q300 axle back for a few months on my IS350 F-sport. I have a drop in F-sport air filter and I can tell you that the interior drone is only ever so present in eco mode. It only seems to come on at low speeds at a certain rpm when you're putting a load on the engine when accelerating. It isn't constant unless you're driving at that certain rpm. Rarely does the car run at that rpm to deter me from buying it again. Drive it in sport mode and you'll never hear it droning.
Old 12-02-16, 08:15 AM
mrhale12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Fsportme
I had the Invidia Q300 axle back for a few months on my IS350 F-sport. I have a drop in F-sport air filter and I can tell you that the interior drone is only ever so present in eco mode. It only seems to come on at low speeds at a certain rpm when you're putting a load on the engine when accelerating. It isn't constant unless you're driving at that certain rpm. Rarely does the car run at that rpm to deter me from buying it again. Drive it in sport mode and you'll never hear it droning.
Do you have just the q300 axle back? I just bought the axle back and the midpipe. I may just put axleback on first to see if its really loud or not...if its not that bad I may install the midpipe to go with it? If I like the axle back I may end up selling the midpipe if anyone is interested.
Old 03-23-17, 11:04 AM
beezmarkee
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

just put on midpipe as well
Old 04-03-17, 09:20 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Am running the Q300 plus the Invidia Mid pipe on my IS200t, and honestly it only adds a bit of depth to the tone but almost no noise, also it does add a bit of a drone but that could be due to the downpipe's catalizer

I like it since it keeps low profile and same time gives the performance I am looking for
Old 05-18-17, 09:37 AM
Fsportme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhale12
Do you have just the q300 axle back? I just bought the axle back and the midpipe. I may just put axleback on first to see if its really loud or not...if its not that bad I may install the midpipe to go with it? If I like the axle back I may end up selling the midpipe if anyone is interested.
I have the axle back only. I've had it on for a year now and although sound is subjective but in terms of overall sound the q300 axle back is great sounding all around. WOT you'll hear it not extremely loud but you do clearly hear it with no drone. Mid acceleration is in the 30+ mph you can hear it and it ain't obnoxiously loud. You can drive it with the windows down and it won't overwhelm you. As a daily driver I would not want anything louder unless you really want it to be loud.
Old 05-18-17, 03:07 PM
beezmarkee
Driver

Originally Posted by Fsportme
I have the axle back only. I've had it on for a year now and although sound is subjective but in terms of overall sound the q300 axle back is great sounding all around. WOT you'll hear it not extremely loud but you do clearly hear it with no drone. Mid acceleration is in the 30+ mph you can hear it and it ain't obnoxiously loud. You can drive it with the windows down and it won't overwhelm you. As a daily driver I would not want anything louder unless you really want it to be loud.
Good choice! But i buy F sport axleback
Old 05-19-17, 12:24 AM
waleedj3is
Driver

I have the full exhaust. And I love it! It has a deep throaty tone when you rev it up but you will never feel that it's too loud. Drone is present in eco mode while cruising at highway speeds but I've gotten used to it.
Old 05-19-17, 07:26 AM
UTtrooper
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a long time lurker of the forum but I felt compelled to register to comment here. Yesterday I had a q300-h axle back installed on my 2016 IS350 f sport. As MasonGrey mentioned, there's a drone at 2000 - 3000 rpms and in my opinion it's awful. You are instantly "that guy" on the road with the loud exhaust. Not something I was looking for, so if it doesn't change I'll be swapping it back to stock and selling it.
The following users liked this post:
beezmarkee (05-20-17)
Old 05-20-17, 01:28 AM
beezmarkee
Driver

Originally Posted by UTtrooper
I'm a long time lurker of the forum but I felt compelled to register to comment here. Yesterday I had a q300-h axle back installed on my 2016 IS350 f sport. As MasonGrey mentioned, there's a drone at 2000 - 3000 rpms and in my opinion it's awful. You are instantly "that guy" on the road with the loud exhaust. Not something I was looking for, so if it doesn't change I'll be swapping it back to stock and selling it.
Could ya catch tha video? Try to F Sport, it sounds like G 35/FX 35 in stock
Old 05-20-17, 06:20 AM
Daniel2311
Rookie

How does the Q300 compare to Joe Z axle back, in terms of sound? Has anyone compared them directly?

Thanks, Dan
Old 05-25-17, 08:41 PM
jennypenny
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Miggy2349
hey guys im planning to buy this exhaust but i would like to hear some reviews of some of you that have it. Only axle back.
Hows the drone inside the car?
How much did you like the sound?
Any aftermarket exhaust will have drone. And it drone LOUD

Sound wise, it is great when you are gunning it. but not so much when you are cruising

Would I do it again? If I can find a valvetronic exhaust, sure.

Quick Reply: Invidia q300 axle back honest reviews