Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Exhaust perfromance..

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-16, 05:26 PM
dreamzz24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Exhaust perfromance..

Hello everyone! NEW GUY HERE! i just recently joined the forums and I've just recently purchased my 12 is350 awd like 2 weeks ago. I have been researching exhaust and intakes since then day and night and it seems the intake ill be going with is the joe z intake with fsport filter but anyways.. I have been searching for the best exhaust for the awd 350 and it seems like no exhaust is better then the next.. i feel like there all exactly the same and just based off personal preference.. I'm looking for the most HP gain that's not so loud but i feel like everyone has a different exhaust saying its the best. Idk i could be wrong.. lol

I guess I', just looking for closure! i don't want to spend money and be disappointed THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP!!! REALLY LOOKIN FORWARD TO MEETING EVERYONE ON THESE FORUMS!!!

p.s i spelled performance wrong on the title sorry lol

Last edited by dreamzz24; 11-08-16 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spelled performance wrong lol
Old 11-09-16, 06:30 AM
belac
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum.
The Joe-Z intake is a great start and arguably one of the best intakes on the market (along with the F-Sport).

You are mostly correct about the exhaust.
With the exception of the Joe-Z and PPE true dual exhaust, most of them are basically the same only difference is sound and quality of materials. If you're looking for best performance I would check into the Joe-Z and PPE, although I'm not sure if they made them for AWD.
Bolt on's don't do too much on these cars so it may not be worth spending the extra money on the nicer exhausts just to get a few hp. You can't really go wrong with the popular ones (F-Sport / Invidia / HKS / Tanabe / Ect.)
Old 11-09-16, 08:26 AM
dreamzz24
Driver School Candidate

Talking

THANKS BELAC!!! i think you gave me my closure! 100 views later and only one comment to help! lol!! well ill take a look at those popular brands!! and ill be ordering one soon! thanks again for the info! i might just go joe z intake with fsport filter and tanabe exhaust i don't want a loud exhaust but i want HP gains but since they re all roughly the same i don't think it would matter what i did LOL thanks again thou! for being friendly as well!
Old 11-09-16, 12:21 PM
SeanO
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Both the JoeZ and Fsport are popular choices, intake and exhausts..

From what I know the JoeZ exhaust seems to be the most expensive but also the most hp gains, I have the tanable medallion touring exhaust and personally love it as its nice and throaty but has a very minimal drone at highway and becomes quiet when your not on the throttle. I have the F sport intake.

Old 11-09-16, 04:48 PM
dreamzz24
Driver School Candidate

Thanks SEAN0 car looks great!!! and yea i think ill go with that same exhaust! will it fit the awd models? also quick question dont know if anyone knows but i called modinjapan and they said they dont kno if they will make the joe z intake anymore from joe z but said the HPS intake is that exact same thing?? anyways love the help guys!!!
Old 11-09-16, 05:02 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Yes , all axlebacks are interchangeable between awd and rwd. Youre more than likely not going to be able to tell much difference with the simple bolt ons. I imagine those Mass winters will eventually destroy the exhaust anyways so maybe a more cost effective option would suit you better. I have a tsudo and it looks good , fits well , and sounds great 360$. Not too bad and less expensive to replace later. I dont believe there is a midpipe for the Awd models.
Old 11-09-16, 05:17 PM
dreamzz24
Driver School Candidate

Yea BBaugher47 these winters are killer ;( Im also seeing that there isn't many options in terms of full catback and mid pipes for the awd models is there a reason why?? I didn't wanna get Rwd seeing as our winters suck and this is my daily :/ for 360 thou! That's awesome! Now I'm guessing if I get like ppe headers I won't get much hp gains either since my exhaust is only axle back?
Old 11-10-16, 02:05 PM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

HPS intake is basically the same thing as the Joe Z. You can match that up with the Afe Dry Filter and you have a great setup.

For exhaust, are you looking for a catback or axleback? Take a look at the ARK Grip Exhaust. It's specifically made for the AWD system.

We have great sale prices on both and have some exciting black friday sales that we are offering now.
1-855-998-8726
Old 11-10-16, 02:16 PM
dreamzz24
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JM Auto Racing
HPS intake is basically the same thing as the Joe Z. You can match that up with the Afe Dry Filter and you have a great setup.

For exhaust, are you looking for a catback or axleback? Take a look at the ARK Grip Exhaust. It's specifically made for the AWD system.

We have great sale prices on both and have some exciting black friday sales that we are offering now.

thanks for the info! I really appreciate it! Still leaning more towards the tsudo even thou i can't find it lol and the grip looks to be for 14 and up models!?!? And 1400 and up is a little outta my price range lol maybe during tax season or so of after I buy my air ride setup I'm saving for.. but thanks for the help !!
Old 11-10-16, 02:28 PM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry by bad. I meant to say the DTS for your model.
What are you looking to do as far as air ride?

Send us a PM or email us at sales@jmautoracing.com
1-855-998-8726
Old 11-10-16, 05:10 PM
bbaugher47

Semotors has the tsudo exhaust. There is a post probably a little further down or maybe on page two about the exhaust. Well worth the money. Just looked there and its sold out but they will get it back shortly. I had to do the same.

Last edited by bbaugher47; 11-10-16 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-10-16, 06:33 PM
dreamzz24
Driver School Candidate

Yea I just went on the site and it says out of stock so I called and spoke with someone and they told me they actually misplaced one in the warehouse so there's one left... OF COURSE I BOUGHT IT!!! lol I'm excited I get my tracking number Tuesday!! I'm super hype! Lol but from my understanding there are no mid pipes for AWD models huh... :/ no real true gains with the AWD models I see no love </3
Old 11-11-16, 03:08 PM
bbaugher47

Oh heck yeah. Thats awesome. FYI : it takes painfully long tracking your package cross the country. Youll love it. Well worth the money.
Old 11-11-16, 03:14 PM
dreamzz24
Driver School Candidate

Ugh I kno ;( the only thing that takes away the pain from the long wait is just knowing I won't be putting it on the car till spring anyways skipping this winter with all my mods.. I even have a new f sport full intake from the dealer just sitting here in my room lol I can't wait for winter to be over lmao
Old 11-15-16, 07:26 AM
dreamz24
Driver School Candidate

Soooo I got my tracking number and it's shipping with FedEx n should arrive on Saturday it says!! Thats surprisingly fast!! I'm excited! Now for my f sport intake since I can't find a joez intake anywhere ;(

Quick Reply: Exhaust perfromance..