Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS350 0-60 time with RRracing tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-16, 11:49 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by aventur2
Yes, they responded to me last Friday. They project somewhere around 2 weeks till they can get the issue solved.
Well that's not too bad then. I look forward to it. In the meantime I'll probably just do a different mod lol.
Old 10-02-16, 12:35 PM
mattmatt57
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

impressive. wonder how full bolt on with tune vs ISF will do
Old 10-13-16, 05:44 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Update for you guys. I still plan on doing the 1/4 mile comparison for all you on the fence about getting the tune. I just got a reply from RR Racing saying that the obd issue should be resolved in about a week. Once its resolved I'll order the tune. For now I need to make time to get my car to a track. I just recently made a custom True Dual exhaust for my car and I must say I love the sound and almost feel that the car feels a little stronger on acceleration but that of course could all be in my head.. Anyway I'll update the thread or make a new one once I hit the drag strip for my baseline.
Old 10-15-16, 01:11 AM
DickH
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

I finally received everything for my tune so I'll be able to have a comparison. I was waiting for whatever hardware key or whatever for the flashing software. I can now switch back and forth from stock. I should have my ppe headers in next weekend then I hope to get the tune dialed in somewhat. I do worry that it might be too cold by the time I can do some proper comparisons but I'll see what I can do.
Old 10-17-16, 04:55 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by DickH
I finally received everything for my tune so I'll be able to have a comparison. I was waiting for whatever hardware key or whatever for the flashing software. I can now switch back and forth from stock. I should have my ppe headers in next weekend then I hope to get the tune dialed in somewhat. I do worry that it might be too cold by the time I can do some proper comparisons but I'll see what I can do.
So what platform did you end up getting? Will your "tuner device" be able to log data from the tune with the PPE headers and then send the data back to the tuner to make any adjustments necessary after the install?
Old 10-17-16, 09:14 PM
lexis35022
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redspencer
Thanks to you starting up this thread, I decided to leave the house and tried capturing a couple of 0-60 times using my Torque Pro App. Unfortunately due to lots of traffic on the road (while I was in Mexico), I only had one opportunity to a quick run when the streets were clear. Here's the screenshot of that single 0-60 attempt:

Please keep in mind that this run was done with high humidity, high temperatures, a full interior, a full tank of gas, and some wheelspin. Pre-tune, I actually had done better when the weather was cooler and recorded a 0-60 of 4.9 secs so I know there's much room for improvement with my times post-tune when I get more opportunities to do a few more tests (hopefully with cooler temperatures).

One other interesting thing to note is the HP recording on the bottom. If the 334.4 HP@ 7116 RPMs is accurate, I might be pushing close to 290rwhp (if the drivetrain estimated loss is 13%). At least this is good evidence that the tune works and the HP gains are permanent (unlike previous tuning attempts with piggyback systems).

I'll post an update on this thread whenever I get another opportunity for another run (for science).
I have no tune ND got this app and I had the same read out for hp.. 334hp.. jus bolts ons. Prollie not very accurate, Maybe jus an app for fun.. I was all pumped up wen I got it and wen I seen that I was like wtf, no way, lol sux!
Old 10-18-16, 03:09 PM
Rezno
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lexis35022
I have no tune ND got this app and I had the same read out for hp.. 334hp.. jus bolts ons. Prollie not very accurate, Maybe jus an app for fun.. I was all pumped up wen I got it and wen I seen that I was like wtf, no way, lol sux!
Assuming that 334hp is at the crank and not at the wheels, it could be very accurate. If the car stock is 306, that is only 28HP with bolt ons. (PPE Headers, exhaust, tune will easily do that. Did this run have those installed?)
Old 10-18-16, 08:49 PM
lexis35022
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rezno
Assuming that 334hp is at the crank and not at the wheels, it could be very accurate. If the car stock is 306, that is only 28HP with bolt ons. (PPE Headers, exhaust, tune will easily do that. Did this run have those installed?)
No tune, jus axle back and intake, these cars Dont get much out of any bolt ons, exhaust, 7ishhp, intake 3 to 5 hp.
Old 10-19-16, 09:30 AM
DickH
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
So what platform did you end up getting? Will your "tuner device" be able to log data from the tune with the PPE headers and then send the data back to the tuner to make any adjustments necessary after the install?
I am going through Orange virus tuning, and yeah ill be going back and forth with them to dial in the tune. They posted a while back about some "open source" project for tuning the is350 but it was removed. Price for hardware was ~400something, im not sure if they are still doing it.
Old 10-19-16, 01:55 PM
Rezno
Lead Lap

No tune, jus axle back and intake, these cars Dont get much out of any bolt ons, exhaust, 7ishhp, intake 3 to 5 hp.
Guess it is completely off then. I'd assume if it did have everything, 334 would sound realistic. Haven't some people dyno'd 290+ whp with (a lot of) bolt ons?
Old 10-19-16, 02:27 PM
lexis35022
Rookie

Guess it is completely off then. I'd assume if it did have everything, 334 would sound realistic. Haven't some people dyno'd 290+ whp with (a lot of) bolt ons?
I'm not sure ,but I dynoed at 266 whp with those bolt ons. Only bolt ons we can get are intake, headers and exhaust.
Old 10-19-16, 05:47 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

CF driveshaft is available too. Technically it's a "bolt-on".
Old 10-19-16, 09:03 PM
Rezno
Lead Lap

I'm not sure ,but I dynoed at 266 whp with those bolt ons. Only bolt ons we can get are intake, headers and exhaust.
Hmm something is a bit off. Don't some cars stock dyno at up to 265?
Would that have much of an impact though (aside from some weight reduction)? And how much would it cost?
Old 10-20-16, 12:53 PM
lexis35022
Rookie

Hmm something is a bit off. Don't some cars stock dyno at up to 265?

Yes they do wich means the dyno could b off or I got **** for hp gains from the bolt ons, but gotta believe that at least my custom true cold air intake would put some numbers up. Lol

Would that have much of an impact though (aside from some weight reduction)? And how much would it cost?
Hell yea it would it's a big part of transfer of power, if u can lite'n the **** out of the drive shafts u will get better acceleration for sure...!
Old 10-20-16, 12:55 PM
lexis35022
Rookie

hell yea, from where!! That would b a great mod! I love eliminating rotating mass, it's a big deal and few peeps get that!

Quick Reply: IS350 0-60 time with RRracing tune