Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Ovtune ECU tuning experience/review

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-16, 02:29 PM
Rezno
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
18-24whp is still better than the claims of the other tunes available so I'll take what I can get. But the fact that they said this is on the conservative side of things, we may potentially see more since the 2is isn't as complicated as the 3is and RC. Also that 25-30 lbft down low should really give the car more of a nice grunt in daily driving... Also really curious to know how this will change things for our drag times? I could see an increase of 2mph in trap speed as a possibility. With maybe 2 tenths knocked off as well. But time will tell I suppose..

Man, I can't wait to hear what you guys gotta say about the tune. Please update the thread ASAP guys, once you got it on your car. I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas right now haha
Agreed but I think I will wait for the stage 2 or 3 one when the upgrade internals and get the 50hp goal they were talking about. Maybe if this completely transforms the feel of the car I'll get it now.

Let us know how it does! And if someone can get a 1/4 mile pass and a 0-60 time before and after that would be awesome!
Old 11-29-16, 02:43 PM
aventur2
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going in Friday for the reflash, I'm planning on getting the highest Rev limiter, hopefully all goes well and I can post some impressions this weekend.
Old 11-30-16, 06:45 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by aventur2
Going in Friday for the reflash, I'm planning on getting the highest Rev limiter, hopefully all goes well and I can post some impressions this weekend.
Looking forward to it!
Old 11-30-16, 10:02 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Question for all of you, how do you get in contact with OV Tuning to send them out my ECU? I don't see any instructions or directions of any kind on their site?? Heck, I don't even see the option to tune our cars lol. Also I noticed the 3IS tune option is $850? What am I missing?
Old 11-30-16, 11:14 AM
Cthan3o3
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Click on View All for Lexus, click on Holiday Special.

There is a contact us link on the site
Old 11-30-16, 11:15 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cthan3o3

Okay great, Thanks!
Old 12-01-16, 02:34 PM
B00M3R
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Well I just got back in town and waiting at my door was my ECU flashed and ready. I went ahead and got it back in the car, got it started and gave it 30 minutes to warm up and reset the ECU.
I went for my first drive and from a stop you really can feel the torque changes. I need to get my Torque phone app out and run some tests but so far seat of the pants feeling has changed, and it is quite noticeable.
Dyno will have to be next week.

Last edited by B00M3R; 12-01-16 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-01-16, 02:38 PM
aventur2
Rookie

Originally Posted by B00M3R
Well I just got back in town and waiting at my door was my ECU flashed and ready. I went ahead and got it back in the car, got it started and gave it 30 minutes to warm up and reset the ECU.
I went for my first drive and from a stop you really can feel the torque changes. I need to get my Torque phone app out and run some tests but so far seat of the pants feeling has changed, and it is more then noticeable.
Nice! Did you uprev or keep the stock limiter?
Old 12-01-16, 03:20 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by B00M3R
I went for my first drive and from a stop you really can feel the torque changes. I need to get my Torque phone app out and run some tests but so far seat of the pants feeling has changed, and it is more then noticeable.
Awesome, good to hear so far! But please let us know a little more when you can. I'm dying to know how big or small a differece this actually makes... Also did you get the higher rev limit?
​​
Old 12-02-16, 08:55 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cthan3o3

I sent them a message but haven't got a reply? Are they usually slow to get back to you?
Old 12-02-16, 03:04 PM
aventur2
Rookie

Well. . I was scheduled to get tuned today, but they never got back to me, so I didn't make the drive from OC to SD. Little upset though because I took the whole day off for this so I guess I will have to wait till next week.
Old 12-02-16, 03:19 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Well. . I was scheduled to get tuned today, but they never got back to me, so I didn't make the drive from OC to SD. Little upset though because I took the whole day off for this so I guess I will have to wait till next week.
What?? That's a bummer.... The fact that they haven't replied to my email either doesn't speak well of them. I'm hoping they are just booked right now so they can't handle everyone at once or something. Because if this tune ends up not being as great as they made it seem, or not really anything special, I'm gonna be sad
Old 12-02-16, 03:25 PM
aventur2
Rookie

What?? That's a bummer.... The fact that they haven't replied to my email either doesn't speak well of them. I'm hoping they are just booked right now so they can't handle everyone at once or something. Because if this tune ends up not being as great as they made it seem, or not really anything special, I'm gonna be sad
Well, I know they are busy and I think it's a one man operation. So I understand if they cant reply. Try messaging them on Facebook they usually reply to that. I don't think this speaks much about them. All my past interactions have been great with them and I think they do quality work with good customer service. **** just happens sometimes, especially to small business owners..
Old 12-02-16, 03:28 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Well, I know they are busy and I think it's a one man operation. So I understand if they cant reply. Try messaging them on Facebook they usually reply to that. I don't think this speaks much about them. All my past interactions have been great with them and I think they do quality work with good customer service. **** just happens sometimes, especially to small business owners..
Yeah I guess your right. Well I'll give the Facebook thing a try again and see how my luck goes. Because as of this moment I want to order the tune, but have no idea how to ship out my ECU to them lol.
Old 12-02-16, 06:29 PM
B00M3R
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Awesome, good to hear so far! But please let us know a little more when you can. I'm dying to know how big or small a differece this actually makes... Also did you get the higher rev limit?
​​
I did get it moved to 7200 and have verified it. I would take a video but I am working a 18hr day today. hope to have one up tomorrow.
from the little I have driven it really woke up the low end grunt in my 09 is350. here in Utah we don't get 93 so I put 91 and some octane booster to take it to 94ish.

Quick Reply: Ovtune ECU tuning experience/review