Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

What is a good source for a turbo kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-16, 03:01 PM
colinodon
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a good source for a turbo kit?

I'm thinking about running the ttc kit. I've seen their other offerings and the work they do on 1 Uz fe engines is really over the top... Like I priced a 6400 dollar set of heads and I noticed the tt kit is just about 1000 on top of that.

It's a very beautiful looking setup and they don't murder you with the turbo options like they do with the heads (I was happy to have a 7800 turbo that started at 7400 than 6400 head that started at 3999) I really love my nitro setup which is why I was considering the head.

But the time has come for full-time power, not just situationally opening the bottle and flipping my switch... If they are top of the line head like ttc seems to drum them up then I'll probably gain around 100 hp because 4 free custom ground bang sticks are included. With the turbo I could gain 200 hp and retain my shot because I want to move up on the 1/4 mile board for only around a thou more. Maybe another thou I can ditch my neo and get something like a vipec 88. I plan on taking time off too so I can get it professionally installed. Thank in advance for your input.

I really like ttc 's kit and also Mahdavi kit looked nice. There are pic of a cl member's custom Mahdavi setup and apparently they'll replicate it for me for like 8 to 9 grand... Just like ttc s kit I expect it'll be of extremely high quality and extremely low volume and brand new, if not freshly thrown together off of blueprints and jigs and specs.

Any other sources or people club Lexus knows of?
Old 04-26-16, 04:31 PM
colinodon
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoops a vipec seems to be several thousand dollars... I might want to go with Mahdavi 's kit because it says it works with the stock Ecu. Has anybody had good results with an aftermarket Ecu no more than 1500? I refuse to spend more than that for an ecu