Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

RR Racing vs. TTFS Engine Tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-16, 06:47 PM
mike33
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by TTFS
We appreciate all of you that have decided to wait until we get the transmission tune dialed in. We understand it's hard to wait but we want to make it worth the wait.

Thank you for your patience.
Thanks for working on this TTFS, I have my fingers crossed that you can get a fix for the is350/250 transmission. Unfortunately, the transmission has such a delay shifting in manual mode that the rev limiter increase with the tune becomes almost useless if it can only be used in manual mode. Using manual mode requires shifting 500-1000 rpms sooner than the rev limit in order to not hit the limiter, which is extremely difficult to anticipate. So getting the rev limiter increase to work in auto mode would be great... Or even better, getting the transmission to shift in manual mode as fast as the isf transmission.
Old 04-13-16, 07:27 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really feel for you guys and I wish I could post that we have it available now but we are still working. I bug Frank about it everyday.

I am not posting as much now and just letting Frank do what he does. When he has something available and it has been tested then I will post. Giving estimated time frames and not being able to make them does not make us look good.

Trust me we hear every request that comes in about the transmission tune as well as the tuning the 3IS models and RCF's. If you look around besides us there is probably only a few companies even bothering to jump into this platform. We imagine everyone will jump out of the woodwork after we do all the R&D and legwork but that is just how it goes.

Please be patient with us
Old 04-15-16, 10:09 AM
ShotmaKer
Driver School Candidate

I must say I appreciate all the hard work both companies put into our platform

Having said that, I must say whoever figures out the transmission first is likely to get my money. And I'm really itching some at the moment :O
Old 05-11-16, 01:17 PM
rlydeadly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any updates??
Old 05-16-16, 02:58 AM
gt500tony
Rookie

I really feel for you guys and I wish I could post that we have it available now but we are still working. I bug Frank about it everyday.

I am not posting as much now and just letting Frank do what he does. When he has something available and it has been tested then I will post. Giving estimated time frames and not being able to make them does not make us look good.

Trust me we hear every request that comes in about the transmission tune as well as the tuning the 3IS models and RCF's. If you look around besides us there is probably only a few companies even bothering to jump into this platform. We imagine everyone will jump out of the woodwork after we do all the R&D and legwork but that is just how it goes.

Please be patient with us
Hello there.
I cant wait to see dyno numbers.
Ppe got a little over 280rwhp untuned with no cat.

With intake manifold- cai-headers-true dual and your tune
Should be good numbers.

Im so happy these ecu's are tuneable now.

There will be very fast is350 afoot.

What is being done to transmission programming? Not looking for specifics.

I appreciate it.

Tony
Old 05-16-16, 07:24 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by gt500tony
Hello there.
I cant wait to see dyno numbers.
Ppe got a little over 280rwhp untuned with no cat.

With intake manifold- cai-headers-true dual and your tune
Should be good numbers.

Im so happy these ecu's are tuneable now.

There will be very fast is350 afoot.

What is being done to transmission programming? Not looking for specifics.

I appreciate it.

Tony
Tony,

This is the latest update from us.

We can tune all ISF's and 2IS's in house at our shop, if you send your ECU to us, or remotely via OBD using the My Genius handheld tool. This is working now, tested on our shop car and we already have tuned ISF's remotely with this handheld.

Our own handheld unit is in the works now.

We can tune the IS200T as well but we are only doing that in house at our shop currently.

Frank is working on figuring out the transmission tune for the ISF and and 2/3IS's. Finding time is his biggest enemy right now. I can't get you anything more specific on the transmission until Frank has something to say.

Edit: Here is a link to our two threads with the graphs we posted so far.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...s-f-tuner.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...cu-tuning.html
Old 05-16-16, 03:33 PM
gt500tony
Rookie

Tony,

This is the latest update from us.

We can tune all ISF's and 2IS's in house at our shop, if you send your ECU to us, or remotely via OBD using the My Genius handheld tool. This is working now, tested on our shop car and we already have tuned ISF's remotely with this handheld.

Our own handheld unit is in the works now.

We can tune the IS200T as well but we are only doing that in house at our shop currently.

Frank is working on figuring out the transmission tune for the ISF and and 2/3IS's. Finding time is his biggest enemy right now. I can't get you anything more specific on the transmission until Frank has something to say.

Edit: Here is a link to our two threads with the graphs we posted so far.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...s-f-tuner.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...cu-tuning.html
so much win. Thanks for all the hard work.
I would maybe start a thread letting people know you have tunes available.
I just happened to stumble on this/.

Most is350 gave up on our ecu and still don't know there are tunes available.

Once again thanks guys for putting in the time to tune our ecus. I really appreciate it over here
Old 05-17-16, 08:19 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by gt500tony
so much win. Thanks for all the hard work.
I would maybe start a thread letting people know you have tunes available.
I just happened to stumble on this/.

Most is350 gave up on our ecu and still don't know there are tunes available.

Once again thanks guys for putting in the time to tune our ecus. I really appreciate it over here
Thank you, we have our two threads on here and we also post on our Instagram and Facebook.

I can repost this information but we don't want to clutter the forum with multiple threads on the same thing.
Old 05-24-16, 09:33 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

After receiving numerous PM's, emails, and Facebook messages inquiring about the same thing we would like to add one more note about TTFS and Frank Smith.

To be clear we are not looking for a pat on the back but think it should be known since asked frequently.

Correct TTFS tunes a variety of platforms and is not extremely active on this forum but we want to make it clear that does not equal we are not committed or show less involvement to this platform.

It is also true that we are a small team and when it comes to the tuning it is only the Frank Smith tuning your vehicle. In our opinion that is a great thing. You have an experienced tuner only dealing with your vehicle.

Despite being a small team, tuning various platforms, and a busy shop we want it to be known that we brought OBD tuning to the Lexus community. We were the first through using the My Genius tool. After having the tool on the market for some time and discovering there was an issue tuning some ISF's with this tool we halted sales of the tool and worked directly with the manufacturer DimSport to resolve the issue. We sent DimSport one of our ECU's to assist in the R&D to get the My Genius tool working on all ISF's.

If this does not show our commitment and involvement in bringing such a big feat to this platform we do not know what does.

When it was rumored it would take months to get the tool working we had the issue resolved in a matter of weeks, which in turn now allows any tuner to use this tool through DimSport to tune if they wish.

We now our working on our own handheld tool which we are aiming to bring the added feature of data logging for a custom tune to this market. With more time and experience we will continue to advance.

As for product development, again we are a small shop and like to stick to what we do best and that is tuning and engine building. However if we see the need or area for something to be made we will do so. We have created a few products in other platforms we work on that have been a big success.

Last edited by TTFS; 05-24-16 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-24-16, 07:28 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

After receiving numerous PM's, emails, and Facebook messages inquiring about the same thing we would like to add one more note about TTFS and Frank Smith.

To be clear we are not looking for a pat on the back but think it should be known since asked frequently.

Correct TTFS tunes a variety of platforms and is not extremely active on this forum but we want to make it clear that does not equal we are not committed or show less involvement to this platform.

It is also true that we are a small team and when it comes to the tuning it is only the Frank Smith tuning your vehicle. In our opinion that is a great thing. You have an experienced tuner only dealing with your vehicle.

Despite being a small team, tuning various platforms, and a busy shop we want it to be known that we brought OBD tuning to the Lexus community. We were the first through using the My Genius tool. After having the tool on the market for some time and discovering there was an issue tuning some ISF's with this tool we halted sales of the tool and worked directly with the manufacturer DimSport to resolve the issue. We sent DimSport one of our ECU's to assist in the R&D to get the My Genius tool working on all ISF's.

If this does not show our commitment and involvement in bringing such a big feat to this platform we do not know what does.

When it was rumored it would take months to get the tool working we had the issue resolved in a matter of weeks, which in turn now allows any tuner to use this tool through DimSport to tune if they wish.

We now our working on our own handheld tool which we are aiming to bring the added feature of data logging for a custom tune to this market. With more time and experience we will continue to advance.

As for product development, again we are a small shop and like to stick to what we do best and that is tuning and engine building. However if we see the need or area for something to be made we will do so. We have created a few products in other platforms we work on that have been a big success.
Your work and commitment is very much appreciated TTFS! I plan to order my tune through you guys soon only I will be ordering the OBD tune. I just hope that in the near future you or maybe some other company can create a solution for the transmission. It's seriously our cars greatest flaw
Old 05-25-16, 09:48 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tro209
Your work and commitment is very much appreciated TTFS! I plan to order my tune through you guys soon only I will be ordering the OBD tune. I just hope that in the near future you or maybe some other company can create a solution for the transmission. It's seriously our cars greatest flaw
Trust me, we hear you and everyone else asking about the transmission. I wish Frank could work faster but he is only one man. We completely understand the importance of this. If it can happen he is the man to do so.
Old 05-25-16, 05:00 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Trust me, we hear you and everyone else asking about the transmission. I wish Frank could work faster but he is only one man. We completely understand the importance of this. If it can happen he is the man to do so.
I'm confident in your ability to do so. Also it's good to know you guys are aware of what the customer wants and it's nice to see that you guys are working hard to make this possible for us. Thanks again for your guys commitment.
Old 06-08-16, 02:47 PM
lexis35022
Rookie

Are you guys working on making after market parts also, like intake maifolds, throttle bodies ,stuff like that?! Sorry if u have answered thus question already!
Old 06-09-16, 08:34 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lexis35022
Are you guys working on making after market parts also, like intake maifolds, throttle bodies ,stuff like that?! Sorry if u have answered thus question already!
If this question is addressed to us then the answer is no, not currently. Doesn't mean it's not possible in the future if we see an area where we can help the market.

As for now the tuning is taking all of our time
Old 06-11-16, 10:12 AM
Toxicxk23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Been following this thread and I'm very appreciative of what you guys have done for the Lexus community! I will be looking to have my 07 IS350 ECU tuned in the future when I return back to the states. Keep up the awesome work guys!

Quick Reply: RR Racing vs. TTFS Engine Tune