Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Megan midpipes / invidia axelback

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-16, 08:01 AM
Ktran1039
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megan midpipes / invidia axelback

Looking for a sound clip of this set up. If you have please post a clip.

I also have a few questions regarding exhausts.

I was looking at invidia midpipes because they are cheaper. Except I got mixed answers from people and from online info. Some places sell the invidia midpipe but call it a test pipe. Others say if you buy the midpipe and axel back it becomes a full catback exhaust. But others have told me that invidia midpipes replace exsisting cats. So I guess my question is:

Does the invidia midpipe or megan midpipe replace the existing cats?

If it doesn't is it still illegal?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Ktran1039; 02-15-16 at 06:19 AM.
Old 02-14-16, 12:02 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ktran1039
Looking for a sound clip of this set up. If you have please post a clip.

I also have a few questions regarding exhausts.

I was looking at invidia midpipes because they are cheaper. Except I got mixed answers from people and from online info. Some places sell the invidia midpipe but call it a test pipe. Others say if you buy the midpipe and axel back it because a full catback exhaust. But others have told me that invidia midpipes replace exsisting cats. So I guess my question is:

Does the invidia midpipe or megan midpipe replace the existing cats?

If it doesn't is it still illegal?

Thanks in advance!
From what I've read , the Megan midpipe does not replace the secondary cats while the Invidia does. So technically by buying the more expensive Megan midpipe , you should technically be okay to pass smog (in California anyway). Where as the Invidia removes the cats and gives more of a straight pipe kind of sound where it will be more raspy and louder. Also the Invidia has a smaller resonator.

As for having an Axleback and adding a midpipe, I've asked this question recently and was told that it basically makes it a cat back since you now have a modified exhaust from the cats all the way to the back of your car (mufflers).
Old 02-14-16, 12:06 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh and I also forgot to mention that I will soon have a Megan midpipe installed in my car hopefully this next Monday. I'll do a clip of how it changed the sound of my exhaust but for now here is a clip of my Tsudo Axleback with the resonator deleted.

Old 02-15-16, 06:19 AM
Ktran1039
Driver

Originally Posted by Tro209
From what I've read , the Megan midpipe does not replace the secondary cats while the Invidia does. So technically by buying the more expensive Megan midpipe , you should technically be okay to pass smog (in California anyway). Where as the Invidia removes the cats and gives more of a straight pipe kind of sound where it will be more raspy and louder. Also the Invidia has a smaller resonator.

As for having an Axleback and adding a midpipe, I've asked this question recently and was told that it basically makes it a cat back since you now have a modified exhaust from the cats all the way to the back of your car (mufflers).
Oo forsure. Yeah I wasnt sure about invidia midpipes. Ill probably go with megans then!

I think I watched this clip on the other thread already lol
Old 02-15-16, 11:46 AM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got my car back a couple days ago from the shop after getting in an accident and it came back with my invidia mids finally installed! i already had hks axle back but man the invidia mid pipes are ****ing great, videos DO NOT do it justice at all. my buddy recorded me revving my car on snapchat and when i heard it, the car sounded raspy and kinda bad to be honest. yesterday I had a friend of mine rev it for me while I was standing outside and it doesn't sound raspy at all, that little resonator does a lot of work lol. if youre in socal and close you meed to hear it in person it's unreal the difference a video can make

BUT it is illegal
Old 02-16-16, 10:47 AM
Ktran1039
Driver

Originally Posted by Parsa
I got my car back a couple days ago from the shop after getting in an accident and it came back with my invidia mids finally installed! i already had hks axle back but man the invidia mid pipes are ****ing great, videos DO NOT do it justice at all. my buddy recorded me revving my car on snapchat and when i heard it, the car sounded raspy and kinda bad to be honest. yesterday I had a friend of mine rev it for me while I was standing outside and it doesn't sound raspy at all, that little resonator does a lot of work lol. if youre in socal and close you meed to hear it in person it's unreal the difference a video can make

BUT it is illegal
Ill be going to Lexus and Lattes at the Escondido Dealership in SD