Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

ECU Tuning Questions/Answers

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-16, 08:54 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

RR racing,

So does the car put down more power in normal mode than it does in stock or is this just a manual mode only kind of thing?
Old 02-19-16, 05:00 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by Tro209
RR racing,

So does the car put down more power in normal mode than it does in stock or is this just a manual mode only kind of thing?
The mode doesn't affect the power, only the rev limit.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 02-20-16, 06:30 PM
v8MyFusion
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

making it shift like the is-f would be fine as long as you speed up the shift times on the 350. otherwise I could care less... tbh
Old 02-21-16, 09:45 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

^That's my main concern that should be addressed. I've read that a select couple have within the settings of their HKS F-con units with + results.
Old 03-07-16, 05:08 PM
Gville350

Any idea if the rev limiter on the "aftermarket tunes" is a fuel cut or an ignition cut?
Old 03-10-16, 11:18 PM
rayac88
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sooooo any updates on this has anyone from the forums backed this up yet? I wouldnt mind hoping on this for the sake of the forum i was about to trade in my is350 but if this proves to hold i might stick around the 350 realm for a while. I have headers and exhaust already so my results would be best case scenario compared to most with just axle back. MY car idles rich so this could help out. I drive about 1200 miles a month so reporting back would be quick. plus i hit my local T-n-T event frequently.
AS for faster shifting i think the only real thing that will help would be a shift kit for the tranny. but i already break traction going to second gear so a shift kit might be an overkill.
My SC should be my daily in a months time, so if results are sticking i'll give it a try and get my ecu sent out. what is the turn around time for the ECU to come back?
Old 03-11-16, 08:33 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gville350
Any idea if the rev limiter on the "aftermarket tunes" is a fuel cut or an ignition cut?

Aftermarket rev limits functions just like stock rev limit, which means its primarily an ignition cut.

Originally Posted by rayac88
sooooo any updates on this has anyone from the forums backed this up yet? I wouldnt mind hoping on this for the sake of the forum i was about to trade in my is350 but if this proves to hold i might stick around the 350 realm for a while. I have headers and exhaust already so my results would be best case scenario compared to most with just axle back. MY car idles rich so this could help out. I drive about 1200 miles a month so reporting back would be quick. plus i hit my local T-n-T event frequently.
AS for faster shifting i think the only real thing that will help would be a shift kit for the tranny. but i already break traction going to second gear so a shift kit might be an overkill.
My SC should be my daily in a months time, so if results are sticking i'll give it a try and get my ecu sent out. what is the turn around time for the ECU to come back?

Our turnaround time is "same day" as its recieved 90% of the time, and within 24 hours 100% of the time.

If you are willing to pay a bit more, you can get our OBD tuner we just released (ordering info for the 2IS OBD tuner will be up later today).

RR Racing IS350 OBD tuner

Old 03-11-16, 01:18 PM
Gville350

Yep, very good feedback from "Red" here; just don't have dyno #s to back it up. But I'd believe anything he says. :

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...-thread-9.html

Originally Posted by RRRacing
If you are willing to pay a bit more, you can get our OBD tuner we just released (ordering info for the 2IS OBD tuner will be up later today).

RR Racing IS350 OBD tuner
So would using this bypass needing to send you our ECUs, or is this in addition to having your "base" tune?
Old 03-11-16, 01:58 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Yes head over to the link provided in the post above mine by Gville350.

There is a very detailed review by Redspencer and also another member had theirs tune as well. His name is Icy350 and he is the "original" RR Racing tuned IS350.

As for gains Icy350 gained about 14whp and 14 lb-ft of torque I believe. Very nice gain for a tune and the Red line is increased to 7200 or 7000rpm depending on your preference. Keep in mind that the increased rev limit is only available in Manual mode at the time.
Old 03-13-16, 07:51 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Yep, very good feedback from "Red" here; just don't have dyno #s to back it up. But I'd believe anything he says. :

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...-thread-9.html

So would using this bypass needing to send you our ECUs, or is this in addition to having your "base" tune?

Yes, you would not need to send in your ECU if you purchase the OBD tuner. You connect the tuner and read the ID info off of your ECU... send it to us, and then we send you the appropriate tuning files associated with your specific ECU version.

Rafi

Old 03-13-16, 05:44 PM
Gville350

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Yes, you would not need to send in your ECU if you purchase the OBD tuner. You connect the tuner and read the ID info off of your ECU... send it to us, and then we send you the appropriate tuning files associated with your specific ECU version.

Rafi
Sorry if this was covered somewhere else, but after the OBD tuner reads the specific car's data, do you send the OBD tuner to you or digitally send the downloaded data via email? Same question for the tuned files afterward.

BTW, been enjoying the USRS on my IS350! 5 stars!
Old 03-14-16, 08:34 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Definitely my next next NEXT, mod right there ^^^
Old 03-24-16, 09:03 AM
Knarf916
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any results on whether TTFS or RR-Racing tunes are putting up better numbers? Stock that is.

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 03-24-16 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-26-16, 05:21 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Sorry if this was covered somewhere else, but after the OBD tuner reads the specific car's data, do you send the OBD tuner to you or digitally send the downloaded data via email? Same question for the tuned files afterward.

The process works like this (although we are still waiting for the company that makes the OBD tuner to revise the software before we ship units):

(1) You install software on your laptop or PC and update the OBD tuner.
(2) Hook up the OBD tuner to your car, and read the ECU.
(3) Upload the "read" file to your PC and email to us. We then send you a "tuned" file specific to the exact version of the file in your car.
(4) You upload the tuned file to the ECU.

Rafi

Old 03-27-16, 09:58 AM
Gville350

^Sweet! So have you managed to get anyone local on your dyno for a tune with PPE headers yet?

Quick Reply: ECU Tuning Questions/Answers