Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Data logging question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-16, 07:13 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Data logging question

Hello.

What sample rate do you guys use when data logging?

I have the AEM FIC8 piggyback and per my other thread I've been getting random, crazy injector duty cycles in boost where they last less than 1/50th of a second; then flip to normal duty.

I have the data logging at the quickest sample rate the FIC can handle at 20 milliseconds (.02 seconds). I'm wondering if that's too fast to record my old school RC440's. I believe if increase the datalog time to every 100ms (1/10th of a second) it would not record the crazy duty cycles.

Can anyone weigh in on this as to if this is probably what's going on? I just want to confirm that the random high duty cycles aren't real. The car runs good under all conditions.
Old 01-20-16, 04:57 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Hi all, sorry false alarm.

I contacted AEM and they say this is normal sometimes especially when it only occurs in boost.

The sampling rate is just too fast. Will schedule a WOT tuning session soon and get some videos up!
Old 01-23-16, 10:26 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

how has the car been?
Old 01-26-16, 07:20 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Hi all, sorry false alarm.

I contacted AEM and they say this is normal sometimes especially when it only occurs in boost.

The sampling rate is just too fast. Will schedule a WOT tuning session soon and get some videos up!
did you FINALLY install your SC?
Old 01-26-16, 04:12 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sakataj
did you FINALLY install your SC?
LOLOL. It's been up and running and running great! But, I haven't gotten WOT tuned yet so I'm afraid to push it. All readings appear to be good with my own tuning but feel better with a professional doing it. Example, I have no way to check if my timing is appropriate under boost. I am just retarding 1 degree per pound from what I've read.

It passed NYS inspection emissions 5 mos ago, no CELs and drives awesome! I really wanted to wait to post up videos when I can drive ***** out but won't until I feel comfortable with staying in boost for a while. I hit around 8lbs once. It is VERY fast. I am happy and forget all the BS people say/said about the AEM FIC; it works, holds the tune and does its job.

I find that many people AND some professional "tuners" don't know how to tune piggybacks. You MUST tune with fuel trims in mind, close to 0, in closed loop in order for the stock ECU to remain happy, not throw codes and not overrun the tune. I have accomplished this! But, it wasn't until after I re-wired the damn Boomslang harness my own way, the proper way...no shortcuts and no splicing 2 upstream O2's into one circuit like some do when they have issues. Only thing I need is a new serpentine belt (it's squealing only when cold) and the WOT tune.