Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

For the Aristo swapped guys: Upgraded twins or single? (500-600hp goal)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-16, 10:07 AM
Miami-SC
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Been doing some research on it and it seems like a great route if you wanna stay with the stock twins and seems inexpensive. Anyone experience this upgrade or know anyone? I know Driftmotion and Suprastore offer their kits. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Miami-SC; 01-18-16 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-17-16, 09:27 AM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Whats your question?
Old 01-17-16, 09:45 AM
Miami-SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nyc80rick
Whats your question?
I asked it in the original post..... If anyone has had experience with this setup or know anyone that has this setup. I'm interested in possibly doing this and was looking if anyone had more info/experience on this.
Old 01-17-16, 10:57 PM
Hayce
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Little confusing between "Upgraded twins" and "stay with stock twins".

Given your hp goal and inexpensive comment, go single.
Old 01-18-16, 02:30 PM
Miami-SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hayce
Little confusing between "Upgraded twins" and "stay with stock twins". Given your hp goal and inexpensive comment, go single.
Looks like you have no idea what I'm talking about. So if "go single" is your contribution, thanks but I know about going single, that's the reason I created this thread. And if you read correctly you'll notice that I wrote "seems inexpensive", nothing to do with what you commented.

Last edited by Miami-SC; 01-18-16 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-19-16, 01:30 PM
Hayce
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You're correct, I have not idea what you're talking about because you've failed to form a coherent question.

Don't know what you've researched as you didn't share it... if you researched hitting this goal on stock twins and it seems inexpensive to you what's your problem? You're happy with your info, go ahead. You already know about going single apparently.

My "input" to you which you're appreciative of receiving (right?) is that you should scrap the stock twins. Leaving a stock sequential system with upgraded turbos seems like a waste of time to me - I mean vac actuators everywhere.. really?. Any twin upgrade will be more expensive and more hassle than going single. If money's not an issue and you want response, parallel twins would be great.
Old 01-19-16, 03:25 PM
Miami-SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hayce
You're correct, I have not idea what you're talking about because you've failed to form a coherent question. Don't know what you've researched as you didn't share it... if you researched hitting this goal on stock twins and it seems inexpensive to you what's your problem? You're happy with your info, go ahead. You already know about going single apparently. My "input" to you which you're appreciative of receiving (right?) is that you should scrap the stock twins. Leaving a stock sequential system with upgraded turbos seems like a waste of time to me - I mean vac actuators everywhere.. really?. Any twin upgrade will be more expensive and more hassle than going single. If money's not an issue and you want response, parallel twins would be great.
There you go!!!! That's what I'm talking about!!! That's what I'm looking for! I really wouldn't like all that extra crap that's not really needed. I know going single is less complicated. Thanks for the info man! I currently run my twins parallel and if I was to upgrade the twins, it's recommended to run in parallel mode. But I'm leaning more towards the single route. Again, I thank you for the suggestion.