Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-17, 08:54 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Electronic throttle controller

Originally Posted by Pacific13
This could be true but, you have other numerous informations which go back to the ECU and these informations (temp, rev, torque) could be analysed and compared to the initial order. Thus in case of difference the ECU could be corrected accordingly. I remember on my GT86, that after having replaced the air filter with a HKS, it was necessary to wait few days to obtain the gain expected (3 or 4 ;-) ) It was exactly the same when air pipe was replaced with a MISHIMOTO. The first day only the noise was incease (placebo) it was necessary to wait. For exemple, resset you ECU and you will certainely note a difference of reaction as the Toyota/Lexus ECU keep in memory you driving habit.
The piggy will certainely modify some parameters but in fact I'm not convinced that the gain remain long time. Why although the numerous piggy on the market we do not find any reals DYNO results??
The only way remain a complete flash of the ECU, for example with ECUTECK and in this case it will be possible to have a real result with the tables corrected for the engine et for the gear. .
Today it is not yet possible but wait and see.
For my side I will certainely order a Electronic throttle controller (Tom's or Blitz) to modify the throttle and remove the lag. It not modify the ECU, just change the electric command of the accelerator. I guess it will be usefull in the driving comfort.
Hey buddy, I just I wanted t reply to this point as I just noticed it.

From experience ETC (Electronic throttle controller) is very useless in the Lexus or actually 99% of the cars, why? well the answer is simple the throttle limitation is from the ECU programming and what the ECT does is simple send amped signal to the ECU about the throttle position, example if you are pushing the pedal at 20% the ECT will send the signal of 40% (or whatever aggressive settings you set) so logically it is it is like you pushing the pedal further but you are not eliminating the ECT limitation which is by software design, and only thing that can remove that is ECU tuning.

Advise for all of you, if you haven't invested in this "upgrade" please don't waste your money, and I say this with all due respect for the brands
Old 02-26-17, 04:56 AM
Pacific13
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree the ETC is not the final solution but in comparison with the piggy it will not modify any fuel mixing and or timing which could not be beneficial to the engine. You have noted that my wish is driving comfort and not performane.(for the moment) But in fact, the RC200t is heavy and if we add the turbo lag , the gear lag and the throttle lag this explain 6.3s to 60. 245hp are sufficient for a normal road driving (in France we have speed cameras everywhere :-(
The throttle lag is a little harrowing when you wish to start up and speed away quickly on a crossroad. The time elapse is stressful.
Of course, the only way to obtain results is the ECU tuning and I'm very mindful of the tuner's work to understand the Toyota/Lexus cryptography and read/modify the necessay tables.
Hope this will happen soon and the results hand out worldwide.

Last edited by Pacific13; 02-28-17 at 02:43 AM.
Old 02-27-17, 11:41 AM
jneg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll keep reading and see what comes next before buying anything.
Old 02-27-17, 03:18 PM
mcarter45
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jneg
I'll keep reading and see what comes next before buying anything.
I'm in the same boat...hope it doesn't take too long!! Or the car might be gone!!LOL
Old 02-27-17, 04:21 PM
cbus
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I've been talking to OVTuning. They're working on a 93 octane variant of the 200t tune. I personally expect 280-290HP and 300+ TQ at the crank. Waiting for them to publish results.

Like others, my biggest gripe with this car is the horrible throttle delay when taking off. It's unacceptable, but I adore the car otherwise.
The following users liked this post:
gbgary (02-27-17)
Old 02-28-17, 08:08 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Let's see how this goes!
Pacific13 (03-01-17)
Old 03-01-17, 07:56 AM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Old 03-02-17, 03:39 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Nigel-JDMParts (03-06-17)
Old 03-02-17, 03:47 PM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

how does the toms compare to the burger tuning, i think i read earlier you thought the burger was the best so far. do you have any other mods you test these tunes with? intake/exhaust or anything? would those have any effect on these types of piggyback tunes?
Old 03-02-17, 10:36 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I'm curious to hear your feedback on the Toms piggyback. Also who did you order it from?
Old 03-03-17, 05:57 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zcon
how does the toms compare to the burger tuning, i think i read earlier you thought the burger was the best so far. do you have any other mods you test these tunes with? intake/exhaust or anything? would those have any effect on these types of piggyback tunes?
Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
I'm curious to hear your feedback on the Toms piggyback. Also who did you order it from?
The Tom's piggyback has a very smooth but very noticeable power increase throughout the power band. The product quality is great but that is expected from a reputable company. I still believe that the BMS tune is a bit more aggressive since its at +4 PSI and Tom's is said to be +3 PSI. I will be taking the car to the dyno tomorrow to get some official numbers so stay tuned.

Also I got it from the Tom's USA dealer (AAI motorsports). Nigel-Jdmparts.com will have his shipment at the end of the month and i highly recommend his company.
Old 03-04-17, 02:51 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Last edited by Sheddy; 03-04-17 at 04:12 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Sheddy:
Nigel-JDMParts (03-06-17), Nuke (03-04-17), Pacific13 (03-05-17)
Old 03-04-17, 07:13 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sheddy

Thanks Sheddy for always sharing great info with us

These gains are not bad but I can see that BMS is a more mature product and the fact that they are even waiting on the release to make it more mature makes me cheer for them even more
Old 03-04-17, 07:43 PM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

remind me why the 4000 rpm mark is significant.
Old 03-04-17, 07:47 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gbgary
remind me why the 4000 rpm mark is significant.
ALLOT and ALLOT of throttle limiting on the ECU level

Quick Reply: IS200t tune