Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-17, 07:09 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
Unfortunately not, that would of been cool though! I've been in contact with Terry Burger since he announced this product and knowing what they've done with BMW's and VW's i know this would be great. I am very satisfied with the driving experience from this piggyback.
Thanks for sharing this useful inf buddy, but any idea when is it going to be available for public?
Old 01-23-17, 10:29 AM
Mattyp
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the info Sheddy!
Old 01-23-17, 12:08 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

No problem! i'll find out the official release date.
The following users liked this post:
Nuke (01-23-17)
Old 01-26-17, 08:51 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,073 Likes on 1,564 Posts

Unfortunately not, that would of been cool though! I've been in contact with Terry Burger since he announced this product and knowing what they've done with BMW's and VW's i know this would be great. I am very satisfied with the driving experience from this piggyback.

Was Terry able to get around the 30% throttle til 4k rpm limitation someone else mentioned here? (or was it you that mentioned it)

Sounds like this was Lexus's way of handicapping the 200t so it doesn't smash on the 350. Cause as it stands the BMW 2.0T 328 clobbers the 350. With a tune on the 328, it's nutso. 335i territory
Old 01-26-17, 09:49 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
Was Terry able to get around the 30% throttle til 4k rpm limitation someone else mentioned here? (or was it you that mentioned it)

Sounds like this was Lexus's way of handicapping the 200t so it doesn't smash on the 350. Cause as it stands the BMW 2.0T 328 clobbers the 350. With a tune on the 328, it's nutso. 335i territory
I mentioned the 30% throttle limitation. I believe that's going to remain an issue until a reflash comes up as it appears to be a torque limitation which I don't think a piggy back can account for. Luckily, Saturday is my next appointment with OVTuned so hopefully an actual reflash will be here sooner rather than later.
Old 01-27-17, 05:46 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by E46CT

Sorry, the throttle delay is still there because we will need an actual reflash to adjust that since piggyback is just simply a boost controller. BMW's just make really powerful engines (not that reliable though) they are all underrated from the factory. A 320I (180hp) with a BMS tune will still be faster than the 200t.

Originally Posted by MasonGrey
I mentioned the 30% throttle limitation. I believe that's going to remain an issue until a reflash comes up as it appears to be a torque limitation which I don't think a piggy back can account for. Luckily, Saturday is my next appointment with OVTuned so hopefully an actual reflash will be here sooner rather than later.
Sweet, keep us updated!
Old 01-27-17, 04:13 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,073 Likes on 1,564 Posts

Sorry, the throttle delay is still there because we will need an actual reflash to adjust that since piggyback is just simply a boost controller. BMW's just make really powerful engines (not that reliable though) they are all underrated from the factory. A 320I (180hp) with a BMS tune will still be faster than the 200t.

Sweet, keep us updated!
Yeah, no I know all about BMW engines, underrated etc. I was actually there in Terry's house when the first JB prototype was being invented for the 335. My friend's car was the prototype car. This was in 07.

The n54s are actually EXTREMELY reliable and robust. Some push 800-1000whp on stock crank/rods/pistons. Its everything around it thats usually troublesome, but in reality not too bad.

But the point I was making is on paper the BMW (and every car company's 2.0 4 cyl for that matter) are pushing really similar hardware but the BMW engine runs the strongest in terms of 0-60, 1/4. The tuning is vastly different. With a few keystrokes, it's easy to tune/detune a turbo car. Since Lexus doesn't have a 335i equivalent engine, I believe they had to handicap their 2.0L, particularly with the throttle thing.
Old 01-29-17, 09:31 AM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Quick update:

Development for a reflash is probably going to take longer than expected. The ECU file is 2MB which doesn't sound like a lot, but then you frame it as 2MBs of 0's and 1's; there's a lot of tables in our ECU.

The good news is that we have two tuners working on it: OV and Delicious Tuning are both working on getting a reflash out. Another thing to note: the baseline 230HP/260TQ I quoted last time is supposedly WHP and WTQ. They say the dyno reads low so they compensate by looking at the Flywheel values; a "heartbreaker" dyno if you will.

Lastly, there are gains to be found. I'm unable to share numbers or graphs unfortunately .

The last photo is the most concrete evidence of the throttle limitation as indicated by the second line.
The following 2 users liked this post by MasonGrey:
Nuke (01-29-17), Sheddy (01-30-17)
Old 01-29-17, 06:37 PM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Lol, No set timeframe on the release, but he did say that the price would be around $400
Well they should speed things up before Trump comes up with some rule to ban piggyback systems

Quick update:

Development for a reflash is probably going to take longer than expected. The ECU file is 2MB which doesn't sound like a lot, but then you frame it as 2MBs of 0's and 1's; there's a lot of tables in our ECU.

The good news is that we have two tuners working on it: OV and Delicious Tuning are both working on getting a reflash out. Another thing to note: the baseline 230HP/260TQ I quoted last time is supposedly WHP and WTQ. They say the dyno reads low so they compensate by looking at the Flywheel values; a "heartbreaker" dyno if you will.

Lastly, there are gains to be found. I'm unable to share numbers or graphs unfortunately .

The last photo is the most concrete evidence of the throttle limitation as indicated by the second line.
Thats amazing info buddy, keep us posted and hopefully the guys get this cracked
Old 01-30-17, 06:39 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nuke
Well they should speed things up before Trump comes up with some rule to ban piggyback systems
Haha that is true!
Old 02-05-17, 04:00 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

Guys what is your take on this?

Click here

Am not sure if it is not allowed to post a link I hope am not violating any rules
Old 02-05-17, 04:52 AM
mcarter45
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great!!!
Old 02-05-17, 10:04 AM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Guys what is your take on this?

Click here

Am not sure if it is not allowed to post a link I hope am not violating any rules
That's the tune I'm helping him develop.
Old 02-05-17, 10:59 AM
Nuke
Lead Lap

That's the tune I'm helping him develop.
am confused....how come its being developed and its already being sold ? Are you guys done?
Old 02-05-17, 11:43 AM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

am confused....how come its being developed and its already being sold ? Are you guys done?
If you purchased it now, I'm assuming he'd be sending you the alpha tune as it's still a work in progress. I would contact Mat himself and ask what would happen if you purchased it.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune