Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS200t tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-17, 07:45 AM
gbgary
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheddy
I know it's a bit higher than normal but that's what we got on the stock tune.
that was the factory afr?
Old 01-16-17, 09:43 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Received 409 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by gbgary
that was the factory afr?
Yes those were the stock numbers with no tune and just an intake.
Old 01-16-17, 11:34 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

I think the AFR reader that at the dyno you went have a problem thats why it shows 14 because I went to one dyno before and they AFR reader did the same shows that my car AFR is 15 LOL

Try to check online for dyno run for other ppl that have IS200T !!

I'm waiting on RR-Racing to finish their Tune because as i see what they did with the IS-F is something that no company did before..
Old 01-16-17, 11:36 AM
gbgary
Pole Position

interesting. thanks. keep us posted on further developments.
Old 01-17-17, 08:46 AM
tgallegos1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These piggy back systems just sends a higher voltage signal to the sensors to allow more boost and fuel.Where are you located in Florida? We can meet up so you can try the RaceChip on your car.
Do you still have the VR tunned piggy back on your IS?
Old 01-17-17, 06:35 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Here it is! I've been testing out the different maps and I think I finally got the best setting. All I have to say is WOW!! I don't know the official release date but this is a must have for 200t owners!

The following 2 users liked this post by Sheddy:
gbgary (01-17-17), Mattyp (01-20-17)
Old 01-17-17, 08:07 PM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Here it is! I've been testing out the different maps and I think I finally got the best setting. All I have to say is WOW!! I don't know the official release date but this is a must have for 200t owners!

Is the turbo lagg improved at all or is it just upper end and what are the gains like? Also, how easy is it to switch between maps or settings? Thanks
The following users liked this post:
Nuke (01-22-17)
Old 01-17-17, 08:16 PM
gbgary
Pole Position

i'm ready when they are.
Old 01-18-17, 06:36 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Miintt
Is the turbo lagg improved at all or is it just upper end and what are the gains like? Also, how easy is it to switch between maps or settings? Thanks
The car feels super responsive, you'll feel the power throughout the power band. From testing 2 other piggybacks this one is by far the best and most enjoyable. If you are talking about the lag from the accelerator that is still present due to the ECU's programming. I believe that the default settings would be MAP 1 with a +4PSI over stock which is what i am settled on . Switching between maps would require the USB data cable and JB4 application but the other MAPS are not recommended yet since they require bolt ons such as a downpipe which is not available yet.
The following 3 users liked this post by Sheddy:
mcarter45 (01-20-17), Miintt (01-19-17), Nuke (01-22-17)
Old 01-19-17, 01:17 AM
Miintt
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

The car feels super responsive, you'll feel the power throughout the power band. From testing 2 other piggybacks this one is by far the best and most enjoyable. If you are talking about the lag from the accelerator that is still present due to the ECU's programming. I believe that the default settings would be MAP 1 with a +4PSI over stock which is what i am settled on . Switching between maps would require the USB data cable and JB4 application but the other MAPS are not recommended yet since they require bolt ons such as a downpipe which is not available yet.
Interesting, thanks for the response! I wonder if an ecu flash will be able to take care of the initial lag as opposed to the piggybacks.
Old 01-19-17, 05:52 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Miintt
Interesting, thanks for the response! I wonder if an ecu flash will be able to take care of the initial lag as opposed to the piggybacks.
An actual reflash should be able to eliminate that since its able to adjust different variables, whereas the piggyback just enhances certain ECU signals. The good thing about a piggyback is that it can be easily removed for warranty/leasing purposes.
mcarter45 (01-20-17)
Old 01-19-17, 09:34 PM
IS200TFOWL
Advanced

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Just got my Vrtune installed. I'm running higher octane on setting 9 and feeling a huge difference in torque and overall power. I'm impressed with the powerbox material quality too

Sheddy (01-19-17)
Old 01-19-17, 09:39 PM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS200TFOWL
Just got my Vrtune installed. I'm running higher octane on setting 9 and feeling a huge difference in torque and overall power. I'm impressed with the powerbox material quality too
Very cool, enjoy!!
Old 01-20-17, 05:09 AM
Mattyp
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sheddy, does it hijack the gauges like it does on BMW's? I'd love to have the fuel gauge work as a boost gauge. Thanks for posting the data! I've been emailing them for months about it.
Old 01-20-17, 05:46 AM
Sheddy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mattyp
Sheddy, does it hijack the gauges like it does on BMW's? I'd love to have the fuel gauge work as a boost gauge. Thanks for posting the data! I've been emailing them for months about it.
Unfortunately not, that would of been cool though! I've been in contact with Terry Burger since he announced this product and knowing what they've done with BMW's and VW's i know this would be great. I am very satisfied with the driving experience from this piggyback.

Quick Reply: IS200t tune