Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Which exhaust would you recommend for my 07' is250 AWD?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-15, 12:16 AM
berticus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Which exhaust would you recommend for my 07' is250 AWD?

Like I said, I have an 07' is250 AWD, and I added a K&N intake which I loved!
I want to add a (I think catback?) exhaust to it now, and I was looking on Amazon and I wasn't 100% which ones were compatible, and sometimes the Amazon compatibility checker isn't that great. Also, someone on eBay told me this exact exhaust was not compatible on my car.

I was looking to get the Invidia q300 one, but I wasn't 100% sure it was compatible with my AWD is250. I linked it below, would this work on my car without much or any modification? Let me know what you think, and if you personally recommend anything else. Also, if possible please link the exact exhaust system (if you suggest one). I would like to stay around the $600-700 range if possible. Thanks!

Amazon.com: Invidia (HS13LISG3T) Q300 Cat-Back Exhaust System with Rolled Titanium Burnt Tip for Lexus IS250/350: Automotive Amazon.com: Invidia (HS13LISG3T) Q300 Cat-Back Exhaust System with Rolled Titanium Burnt Tip for Lexus IS250/350: Automotive

After doing some more research I think that the Invidia is actually just an Axleback, but I'm not sure.
I found this Magnaflow that is supposed to be a Catback. Is this true? Would this maybe be better than the Invidia?

Amazon.com: MagnaFlow 16764 Large Stainless Steel Performance Exhaust System Kit: Automotive Amazon.com: MagnaFlow 16764 Large Stainless Steel Performance Exhaust System Kit: Automotive

Last edited by berticus; 12-04-15 at 12:23 AM.
Old 12-05-15, 12:07 PM
pattatted4
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 08 IS 250 AWD, and got the HKS Hi-Power. Link is where I got it after reading some reviews. They were super helpful and responsive. They ship quick and keep track of you. It is direct bolt on, took me like 20 minutes to remove factory and install HKS. (disclosure- I work at a dealership that has a lift and power tools!) May take longer at home...

http://www.redline360.com/hks-hi-pow...50-32003-BT002

Last edited by pattatted4; 12-05-15 at 12:09 PM. Reason: add
Old 12-25-15, 10:48 AM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i have hks hi power axle back and i ****ing love it, deep loud exhaust note that isnt raspy like some 4 banger rice. currently have k&n intake and invidia mids which i will install soon

personally i would say get the hks acle back over a catback for the same price. also how can u not love the 4.5 inch tips??
Old 12-26-15, 07:42 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

We have a bunch of vendors here that sell exhaust systems at a great discounted price.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ease-help.html

Please refer to this link for a list of exhausts for our cars as well as their specs.

As for my recommendations,

I recommend a Greddy Evo 3 (discontinued), matches the HKS in terms of sound, but has 3 inch cans instead of 4.5 with HKS. ( I dislike huge cans)

Personally I have F sport mufflers and Megan mids, I really enjoy this combination as it gives an aggressive tone without the drone.

Good luck on your search!
Old 12-27-15, 11:13 PM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 328 Likes on 143 Posts

HKS also makes the most power out of them all imo... i can feel the difference cuz i had HKS, Greddy and now ARK...
Old 12-29-15, 10:27 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 604GSE21
HKS also makes the most power out of them all imo... i can feel the difference cuz i had HKS, Greddy and now ARK...
Feeling and dyno results are two completely different things.

F sport and JoeZ exhausts have been DYNO proven to give gains. But these bolt ons give you +-5 hp. There's just no possible way to feel a 5hp gain.

Get the exhaust that sounds and looks the best to you OP. You wont find any power gains unless you get PPE headers/SC/Turbo your car.

Good luck with your search.
Old 12-29-15, 02:09 PM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would advise against the Greddy Evo3. I have one and it is a bit loud for my taste. I had bought an Invidia midpipe that I ended up uninstalling b/c it was grossly loud and slightly raspy. With that said, the drone has just about gone completely away after the Evo3 has been "broken-in" over time. The exhaust itself looks great, but a few of us have experienced fitment issues aligning with the midpipe flange. I ended up buying new stainless bolts since the oem flange bolts limit how far you can tighten down the mating surfaces. There was a noticeable gap and exhaust leak without the new bolts.

Check out some youtube videos. There are videos for just about every exhaust available for a 2IS.
Old 12-30-15, 07:24 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VTsuckah
I would advise against the Greddy Evo3. I have one and it is a bit loud for my taste. I had bought an Invidia midpipe that I ended up uninstalling b/c it was grossly loud and slightly raspy. With that said, the drone has just about gone completely away after the Evo3 has been "broken-in" over time. The exhaust itself looks great, but a few of us have experienced fitment issues aligning with the midpipe flange. I ended up buying new stainless bolts since the oem flange bolts limit how far you can tighten down the mating surfaces. There was a noticeable gap and exhaust leak without the new bolts.

Check out some youtube videos. There are videos for just about every exhaust available for a 2IS.
I can attest to this as well since Ive owned several exhausts ( Fsport, Greddy evo3, Ark, and HKS) The greddy evo 3 sounded awesome for me, a little loud but not too bad. It wasnt until I started driving long distance that the evo3 drove me nuts. The drone is so bad on the evo3 it sounded like a dying whale. And I agree with VTsuckah with the fitment, Not matter how I adjusted it, it always seemed lopsided or crooked. Ended up selling it within 3000 miles of driving it.