Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

whats more mild then a Joey Z axle back?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-15, 08:20 AM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

nice read. I just want to know why you have a freq an at home? haha
Old 11-02-15, 08:25 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cp2
nice read. I just want to know why you have a freq an at home? haha
thanks

1.im a nerd sometimes
2. its just on my iphone
3.i used to have a rockford 360.2 in my rx8 and the EQ was huge. My ears arent THAT calibrated so it really helped pull in or drop out tones i wanted when tuning the stereo
Old 11-02-15, 12:41 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Erkkkn808
Your best bet it to just go back to your OEM exhaust. I just installed a cat back JoeZ exhaust on my 15' is350, no drone whatsoever. Its actually extremely quiet on the freeway at cruizing speeds, but can get really loud when you want it to. IMO the best exhaust out there, such an awesome "deep" growl. Idle sounds amazing inside the cabin as well... I just couldn't be happier.
I hear soooooo many people complain about drone! I personally feel that cabin drone is somewhat more like an "airplane feel" as if your flying an airplane and having that constant noise from the turbines. That s*#^t is just deafening. In no way does the JoeZ have any drone, cat or axle back. Its just the exhaust notes that you are hearing and those who are first time "aftermatket exhaust" drivers are very unfamiliar with the changes that an aftermarket exhaust may give. Changing your exhaust to any other exhaust....Tanabe, F sport, Stillen, etc will still give you that "drone" you are talking about. Maybe an exhaust just isnt for you. Just stick to an intake
Originally Posted by Snowrydr01
Now back on track i did notice the Joeyz was a heavier wall tube (heavier all around) then the stock, i am wondering it going cat back will actually reduce some of that cabin drone since the tubing wouldnt transmit the drone as easily?

You're wrong. It's a JoeZ not Joeyz hahaha
Old 11-02-15, 12:45 PM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Originally Posted by Rudiculous
You're wrong. It's a JoeZ not Joeyz hahaha

DAMN! thats why it drones! Its just a good knock off
Old 11-02-15, 05:51 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Snowrydr01
DAMN! thats why it drones! Its just a good knock off
Drone is subjective these days.. Honestly..

If you think ours is droning (and yes its on the quiter side).. Then any axle back will have the same effect for you..

FWIW, I have had more complaints of it being too quite...

Maybe give it approx 1,000 miles to burn in... Also, make sure you have a good seal on those rear flanges.. The washers go on the oem flange side..

Regards

~ The Original "Joe Z"
Old 11-03-15, 05:43 AM
Snowrydr01
Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Drone is subjective these days.. Honestly..

If you think ours is droning (and yes its on the quiter side).. Then any axle back will have the same effect for you..

FWIW, I have had more complaints of it being too quite...

Maybe give it approx 1,000 miles to burn in... Also, make sure you have a good seal on those rear flanges.. The washers go on the oem flange side..

Regards

~ The Original "Joe Z"

I agree that the drone is subjective, that is why i used the stereo analogy.

In no way do i want to turn people off for this exhuast or dealing with the great folks at mod in japan.

I know personally some low/mid range frequencies always bothered me and this just happens to be in that spot but to someone else its likely not an issue.

In full disclosure i am also a VERY active listener when i drive and notice every squeak and rattle in everyone car. It is an unfortunate side effect of owning an rx8 that can (and did) blow up at any moment and 15 years of expedition jeeps where ujoints, ball joints, calipers, ect tend to get eaten by sand and mud and you are always listening for what to replace before it ends in disaster