Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F-Sport Vs Ark Vs Exhaust

Old 10-02-15, 10:52 PM
burton06
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Sport Vs Ark Vs Exhaust

Hey Guys,

I've been reading here on a lot and watching a bunch of videos. I think I came down to two different exhausts I may be interested, F-Sport vs Ark. Any suggestions you guys have? I know F-Sport is pretty pricey for what it is.

All I'm really looking for is something a little louder than stock. The stock gives a nice teaser between 1.5k - 2k, something a little louder would be nice. I couldn't find any Ark cabin driving videos on youtube, does anybody have any? I don't want a video of someone smashing it, just normal driving. Any for f-sport would be helpful too!
Old 10-03-15, 12:01 AM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Fsport is worth it for it's quality, ARK is too loud for a lexus IMO.

Fsport is a little louder than stock, quiet on highway without any drone and gives you the sporty growl when you get aggressive.

Got the Fsport exhaust for 1145$.

Last edited by faisal11ir; 10-03-15 at 12:48 AM.
Old 10-03-15, 12:04 AM
cp2
Racer

Received 325 Likes on 194 Posts

Those two exhausts are on different ends of the sound spectrum. The f sport being one of the quietest and the ark being abnoxiosly loud. You want something a little louder than stock, then ark isn't even a thought. Stay with f sport or tenabe or even magnaflow. I hear that the invidia axel back isn't very loud either. There are a zillion exhaust threads on here with clips. Do some homework and you'll find what you're looking for.
Old 10-04-15, 12:06 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 96 Posts

simple

you want a little louder buy an axle back ( Joe z - invidia - magnaflow - F-sport - Tanabe - Tusdo - etc )

you want more louder buy a cat back ( axle back + mid-pipe ) ( ARK - Joe z - invidia - Tusdo )
Old 10-05-15, 01:58 PM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by faisal11ir
Fsport is worth it for it's quality, ARK is too loud for a lexus IMO.

Fsport is a little louder than stock, quiet on highway without any drone and gives you the sporty growl when you get aggressive.

Got the Fsport exhaust for 1145$.
I'm quoting this guy simply for comparison....

1. The Fsport exhaust is underwhelming IMO. It sounds no different than stock exhaust (which is silent as a prius) and I find it to be nothing more than a glorified "Lexus" labeling part. It is only an axle back, and not a true exhaust.

2.. I personally own the ARK exhaust, its on my wife's IS350, and its we love it. The exhaust does drone a little (which you can put sound proofing in the driveshaft tunnel to reduce this), but when you're off the gas its nice and calming (and purrs nicely), and it will demand attention when you step on it. The ARK exhaust is also a full cat back system.

The ARK exhaust can be had for $1500 (but keep in mind you are getting a lot more exhaust for $300 more).

So, what it comes down to is this:

Do you want to tell your friends "I got an Fsport exhaust...its kinda cool" or "Guys...wait till you hear this ARK exhaust" and have a permagrin.

Your choice

Finally, the comment about "its too loud for a Lexus"...when my wife pulls her car in for maintenance at the dealership, the shop guys intentionally come out to hear it (young and old alike)

Last edited by Swacer; 10-05-15 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-05-15, 10:14 PM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Swacer

1. The Fsport exhaust is underwhelming IMO. It sounds no different than stock exhaust (which is silent as a prius) and I find it to be nothing more than a glorified "Lexus" labeling part. It is only an axle back, and not a true exhaust.

2.. I personally own the ARK exhaust, its on my wife's IS350, and its we love it. The exhaust does drone a little (which you can put sound proofing in the driveshaft tunnel to reduce this), but when you're off the gas its nice and calming (and purrs nicely), and it will demand attention when you step on it. The ARK exhaust is also a full cat back system.

The ARK exhaust can be had for $1500 (but keep in mind you are getting a lot more exhaust for $300 more).

Do you want to tell your friends "I got an Fsport exhaust...its kinda cool" or "Guys...wait till you hear this ARK exhaust" and have a permagrin.

Your choice

Finally, the comment about "its too loud for a Lexus"...when my wife pulls her car in for maintenance at the dealership, the shop guys intentionally come out to hear it (young and old alike)
Fsport exhaust doesn't sound like a Prius, if it does to you then you might be used to loud exhausts to a point that this one is dead silent to you.... I have a sensitive wife now tells me this exhaust is getting annoying and I must to agree it got much louder now.

Basing the sound to my 2IS Blitz which was 73dba compared to 2IS exhaust which is 72dba, now this 3IS exhaust by hearing "outside & inside" comparison its similar to tanabe which is 92dba.

ARK is too loud for a Lexus IS350 V6, for an F it's fine IMO.
Old 10-05-15, 10:43 PM
burton06
Driver School Candidate

Fsport exhaust doesn't sound like a Prius, if it does to you then you might be used to loud exhausts to a point that this one is dead silent to you.... I have a sensitive wife now tells me this exhaust is getting annoying and I must to agree it got much louder now.

Basing the sound to my 2IS Blitz which was 73dba compared to 2IS exhaust which is 72dba, now this 3IS exhaust by hearing "outside & inside" comparison its similar to tanabe which is 92dba.

Thanks for your responses on exhausts. Faisal, would you be willing to record some videos of you driving your car with the f-sport exhaust? I just want to hear normal driving. 1k-3k rpm.

Thanks!
Old 10-08-15, 09:18 PM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by burton06
Thanks for your responses on exhausts. Faisal, would you be willing to record some videos of you driving your car with the f-sport exhaust? I just want to hear normal driving. 1k-3k rpm.

Thanks!
I'll try by the phone
Old 10-09-15, 07:16 PM
skizzot200
Driver School Candidate

I also just recently pulled the trigger on the f sport exhaust and intake. I was worried it was going to barely be different than stock and a waste of $$$

It totally was worth it. Very different that stock. It should be the exhaust that comes with the F Sport Option IMO. Purrs very nicely between 1-4k revs but has a nice growl at higher revs. NEVER over the top obnoxious.

Very Satisfied with the decision on the F Sport Exhaust on my 2015 IS350 F Sport
Old 11-18-15, 12:55 AM
ramlawih
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your choice

You just nailed it.
Old 11-18-15, 04:05 AM
Swacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You have no idea how loud I'm used to I can shake windshields WOT. I plan to do open cutouts down the road to open the system up even more.

As for the wife excuse, snap goes the whip lol.

Last edited by Swacer; 11-18-15 at 04:08 AM.
Old 11-18-15, 09:22 PM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

You have no idea how loud I'm used to I can shake windshields WOT. I plan to do open cutouts down the road to open the system up even more.

As for the wife excuse, snap goes the whip lol.
Well then it suites you not the OP maybe... to each his own opinion and taste even for the "wife excuse" if you consider it.

Sorry can't get a clear sound clip/video with the mobile...
Old 01-28-16, 02:15 PM
Toh
Rookie

I've been looking for a f-sport exhaust at the dealers and they're charging $1,600 includes part, tax and labor. Is that reasonable?
Old 02-05-16, 05:29 PM
Jabba75
Driver School Candidate

I just installed my F Sport exhaust today and it is very different from stock. To me it is perfect not to quiet and not to loud, which is exactly what I was looking for.

The exhaust cost me $1,135 and the install was $142.
Old 02-05-16, 06:23 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can never pay that much for an axle back, JoeZ's axle back is much cheaper and sounds better without being too loud.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F-Sport Vs Ark Vs Exhaust