Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

roots blown gs430

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-15, 04:04 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love your threads badblack, i am not really into the whole VIP scene so it makes me happy to see threads like these.

On a side note, sry to vent
Its a good thing you didnt get a 300c srt8, those cars are really peices of ****. mine threw a rod at exactly 100k and now im back here in a lexus. My friend also had 1, srt8 300 and he supercharged it on LOW boost and because he didnt change out the pistons the engine went poof. Also my chrysler 300 was an electrical nightmare for no reason. I bought my chrysler with 60k miles and spent more money on electrical repairs then i ever did on my current gs that i have had for 2 years already. Not worth it IMO

Also if your battery dies and you have a system in the trunk, well your battery is also in the trunk.... And how do you open the trunk with a dead battery? You would usually use your key right? No, there is no keyhole to open the trunk for some reason so you have to fold your seats down and hope your coat hanger can find and is stronge enough to pull the emergency latch

Last edited by gsean400; 12-03-15 at 04:14 AM.
Old 12-03-15, 06:36 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by gsean400
I love your threads badblack, i am not really into the whole VIP scene so it makes me happy to see threads like these.

On a side note, sry to vent
Its a good thing you didnt get a 300c srt8, those cars are really peices of ****. mine threw a rod at exactly 100k and now im back here in a lexus. My friend also had 1, srt8 300 and he supercharged it on LOW boost and because he didnt change out the pistons the engine went poof. Also my chrysler 300 was an electrical nightmare for no reason. I bought my chrysler with 60k miles and spent more money on electrical repairs then i ever did on my current gs that i have had for 2 years already. Not worth it IMO

Also if your battery dies and you have a system in the trunk, well your battery is also in the trunk.... And how do you open the trunk with a dead battery? You would usually use your key right? No, there is no keyhole to open the trunk for some reason so you have to fold your seats down and hope your coat hanger can find and is stronge enough to pull the emergency latch
Holy moly Sean!

Wow, I'm glad i didn't fall for an SRT 8, it was quite tempting at one time.. The thing with the Battery and climbing thru the back seat with a hanger is Ridiculous.. they could have an Emergency string pull somewhere in the back seat area.. like really? WOW. Battery in the back and no access to it, Major FAIL besides the motor going POOF at 100K.
Old 12-03-15, 09:28 AM
Adrianr447
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was it boosted with stock internals on a low setting? Or can the aluminum block handle the boost? I know the stock sleeves are less than 1/8" thick..
Old 12-03-15, 06:08 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Adrianr447
Was it boosted with stock internals on a low setting? Or can the aluminum block handle the boost? I know the stock sleeves are less than 1/8" thick..
Stock internals running somwhere around 6psi from what i remember. Its the damn piston rings they are too weak to handle any heat, its even been discussed on the lx forums. I believe his problem was in the tune not being spot on.

Chrysler/dodge have beautiful cars but after my experience with my chrysler they have lost my buisiness forever. I can handle repairs but i cannot handle being stuck on the side of the road once a month with a car that has 60k miles and was only 4 years old (at the time). Never again
Old 12-03-15, 08:02 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

sadly I know your right gsean. I'm a ase certified automotive technician and have seen my fair share of chysler turds with horrible electrical problems. like the underhood fuse blocks frying out, the shifter in my previously owned 2006 charger r/t wouldn't shift out of park, etc... I'm hoping that once the supercharger is on my car Im able to keep it simple and just enjoy the **** out of it. its the best car ever made. no doubt, I abuse the hell out of it daily, like a nascar driver, and it hangs in there. but atleast its been modified to handle my driving. bilstein sport shocks, lowering springs, low profile tires, supra rear diff, stall converter, all that stuff. Currently the supercharger manifold is at the aluminum welder, im expecting it back next week sometime. the first guy I went to wanted a minimum of 600 to weld it up. told him no thanks. found another guy that specializes in automotive fabrication. he agreed to half the price. once I get it back, I will yank my factory (tundra) intake and install the supercharger intake, line up the supercharger with a belt, make some marks, than pull it back off and final attach the supercharger. make the side intake that will connect the throttle body to the supercharger, install the aem analog gauges in the a pillar like I did before, install a ipt valve body upgrade. and fire that mother up. and see what happens.
Old 12-04-15, 01:15 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by badblackgs
sadly I know your right gsean. I'm a ase certified automotive technician and have seen my fair share of chysler turds with horrible electrical problems. like the underhood fuse blocks frying out, the shifter in my previously owned 2006 charger r/t wouldn't shift out of park, etc... I'm hoping that once the supercharger is on my car Im able to keep it simple and just enjoy the **** out of it. its the best car ever made. no doubt, I abuse the hell out of it daily, like a nascar driver, and it hangs in there. but atleast its been modified to handle my driving. bilstein sport shocks, lowering springs, low profile tires, supra rear diff, stall converter, all that stuff. Currently the supercharger manifold is at the aluminum welder, im expecting it back next week sometime. the first guy I went to wanted a minimum of 600 to weld it up. told him no thanks. found another guy that specializes in automotive fabrication. he agreed to half the price. once I get it back, I will yank my factory (tundra) intake and install the supercharger intake, line up the supercharger with a belt, make some marks, than pull it back off and final attach the supercharger. make the side intake that will connect the throttle body to the supercharger, install the aem analog gauges in the a pillar like I did before, install a ipt valve body upgrade. and fire that mother up. and see what happens.
I agree, i think the gs was the best car ever made. That is why this is my third gs, i also beat the living crap out of it. And at 200k miles it still amazes how well it is holding up, even friends are
shocked. Just because the 2jz had so much potential i feel like the 1uz/3uz was over looked, but i think the UZ engines could possibly have the same or more potential. I am just too scared to be a test rat.

Look at this

@1qwikgs
Yes it was horrible, loved the car when it ran tho.
Old 12-04-15, 08:03 AM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by badblackgs
I'm hoping that once the supercharger is on my car Im able to keep it simple and just enjoy the **** out of it. its the best car ever made. no doubt, I abuse the hell out of it daily, like a nascar driver, and it hangs in there. but atleast its been modified to handle my driving.
Originally Posted by gsean400
I agree, i think the gs was the best car ever made. That is why this is my third gs, i also beat the living crap out of it. And at 200k miles it still amazes how well it is holding up, even friends are shocked.
this is exactly why i am hesitant to replace my GS with a CTS-V or Charger SRT... i know the general rule is that, if you want a fast car, buy a faster car... but it's hard to pass up the solid build of our cars... if i can make it to a place where i am happy with some more power, then i'll drive this car into the ground and won't look back...

but i know once the GS-F gets a few years old and drops into my price range, i will be tempted to trade up... for now tho, there isn't anything else that intrigues me as a fun DD...
Old 12-24-15, 10:41 AM
Cranix
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hows the project going? With out a intercooler what fuel will you have to use to keep detonation down?
And also sense you have done forced induction before is 6 psi ok on the 430.. it has 10.5:1 compression.
I'm asking because I'm looking at super/turbo charging as well.
Old 12-24-15, 10:06 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

The project is progressing nicely. I got with the aluminum welder yesterday about welding the top plate up, and some final touches. I ordered some mandrel bent pipe from Columbia river mandrel bending so I can custom fab the intake elbow that attaches the factory lexus throttle body to the m112 supercharger. its tough because the opening in the supercharger measures 2x4 inches oval. so I had to figure out how to take a 3 inch diameter throttle body and smoothly transition it in a 90 degree angle that than transitions into a 2x4 oval. no biggie. lol. on the topic of the detonation. METHANOL INJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after doing extensive research on the topic. it is the only real way to go. it allows me to run my stock compression ratio and not have to buy after market timing retard controllers. since it cools the intake charge so well that it practically doesn't allow pre ignition or detonation. that's why when purchasing my gauges this go around I included an aem injection flow rate gauge along with an intake air temperature sensor that utilizes a thermocouple for precise intake air temps. so I can see that temp. fluctuations when the meth. injection is spraying.
Old 01-09-16, 03:48 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Made some real progress on the supercharger build. I installed the lower intake manifold and with a tad bit of machining it went right on. than placed the supercharger on top and began the long process of eye ball aligning the serpentine belt. now I need to make the side intake pipe that will go to the throttle body. And whats really exciting is, I found a guy locally that polishes aluminum to mirror finish, so when its all said and done, the superchargers gonna be shining like thing of beauty. now im on to making another a pillar to hold the three gauges. than hook up the meth injection kit from aem.
Attached Thumbnails roots blown gs430-2016-01-09-10.05.50.jpg   roots blown gs430-2016-01-09-09.54.14.jpg   roots blown gs430-2016-01-09-09.48.22.jpg  
Old 01-09-16, 10:22 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

looks good badblack... nice to see projects like this

Last edited by tmf2004; 01-10-16 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-09-16, 11:45 PM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking good! How's the clearance between the supercharger and the hood when it's closed ?
Old 01-10-16, 09:37 AM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

very close. but closes. have to remove a bit of the heat insulation attached to the underside of the hood.
Old 01-11-16, 08:24 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

dont polish aluminum.... it fades and has to be redone constantly. i hand did my motorcycle frame years ago. would never waste the time again
Old 01-11-16, 08:39 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
dont polish aluminum.... it fades and has to be redone constantly. i hand did my motorcycle frame years ago. would never waste the time again
I agree. I love the polished look but with that many nooks and crannies it may be best just to powder. The stock intake isn't bad to polish as it has a lot of flat and round areas.

Quick Reply: roots blown gs430