Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

roots blown gs430

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-16, 04:04 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by GSJake
Looks great~ Will you get new dyno numbers..

Did you get that tranny sorted? IF so how does the crisper shifting feel?
the upgraded valve body is still flying around in my trunk waiting to be installed. its been crazy with all the other things ive had to do to the car lately. but hopefully within a week ill get the valve body in.
Old 08-26-16, 04:06 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bloodMoney
This is awesome. I'd love to get a roots on my GS4. I'd have to get a donor engine first though.... I'd hate to drop it on to an engine with 266,xxx on it.

Off-topic: Have you replaced the rear toe arms yet? I'm staring the task down myself and am concerned that we need to drop the subframe in order to finish the job....
are you aware that we have the best engines ever made in our cars? i highly suspect that 260k is nothing. if you put a supercharger on and make sure its got plenty of fuel and the boost at 6psi than you'd have no problems. is the engine smoking at all? driving or when first started? if not than pull the trigger.
Old 08-27-16, 12:33 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

This is awesome. I'd love to get a roots on my GS4. I'd have to get a donor engine first though.... I'd hate to drop it on to an engine with 266,xxx on it.

Off-topic: Have you replaced the rear toe arms yet? I'm staring the task down myself and am concerned that we need to drop the subframe in order to finish the job....
you do not need to drop the subframe. i put them on at work the other day and it was easy. someone did a write up step by step in the suspension section recently. just make sure that you turn the bolt the right way when you go to remove it from the subframe so itll come out. also, the godspeed arms i bought were not as wide as the pocket it sits in in the subframe so I used a thick washer on each side to fill the space so that i didn't have to overtighten the subframe to squeeze in and hold the toe arm.
Old 08-28-16, 12:17 PM
mistagill
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by badblackgs
I'm going to figure out a way to devise a supercharger manifold that is much more affordable to all of my fellow gs v8 guys can enjoy forced induction. i'd like to share this experience with ya'll.
Wow that would be so awesome!!

I've been following this thread since day 1, this car is so sick. Would love to have a supercharger on my gs430. Keep it up! Would love to see some more videos.
Old 08-28-16, 05:45 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mistagill
Wow that would be so awesome!!

I've been following this thread since day 1, this car is so sick. Would love to have a supercharger on my gs430. Keep it up! Would love to see some more videos.
ask and you shall receive.
Old 08-29-16, 10:49 AM
bloodMoney
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

are you aware that we have the best engines ever made in our cars? i highly suspect that 260k is nothing. if you put a supercharger on and make sure its got plenty of fuel and the boost at 6psi than you'd have no problems. is the engine smoking at all? driving or when first started? if not than pull the trigger.
lol it smokes a little bit on start up, but not enough to scare me. I think more pics and videos may help to change my mind....

you do not need to drop the subframe. i put them on at work the other day and it was easy. someone did a write up step by step in the suspension section recently. just make sure that you turn the bolt the right way when you go to remove it from the subframe so itll come out. also, the godspeed arms i bought were not as wide as the pocket it sits in in the subframe so I used a thick washer on each side to fill the space so that i didn't have to overtighten the subframe to squeeze in and hold the toe arm.
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I'll do another search in the suspension section.
Old 08-29-16, 08:10 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

lol it smokes a little bit on start up, but not enough to scare me. I think more pics and videos may help to change my mind....

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I'll do another search in the suspension section.
Mine does the same thing. One of the valves sticks sometimes. I use lucas in the engine oil and it goes away.
Old 08-29-16, 08:46 PM
Tank
Racer

I pulled my car into the shop today and began to do the valve body install. I drained out the fluid in the pan, removed the pan, removed the fluid filter than carefully and methodically removed all the three different length bolts that hold the valve body to the transmission. being very very careful with the three accumulators that fall down and even more importantly, the check ball and spring on the drivers side. Anyways, so there I'am trucking along everything looking good. Than I decided to lay my current gs430 valve body down next to the valve body I bought from a parts supplier from here on cl. than sent off to new jersey to IPT transmissions to have modified. Low and behold!!! I see a difference between the valve body that came from my car and the one that I bought and had redone that was supposed to be the exact same except for some minor calibration changes that would be resolved when it got redone at IPT anyways. So long story short I now have a fully modified valve body for a gs300 that I can't use in my car. It's nobodys fault but mine because John at IPT highly recommended I send him mine from my car but it being my daily I couldn't be down for a week while it got shipped and redone. So I opted to buy one from (vendor) and was assured it would fit my 2002 gs430. Anyways, word to whomever is listening. don't make the mistake I did and go with a gs300 valvebody for a gs400 or gs430. But!!! The day wasn't a total loss. the modified valve body also came with the three accumulators and stiffer springs. So I carefully measured them to ensure they were the same measurements. Than installed them with my original valve body from my car. added new fluid than took it for a drive. Wow>>> The car shifts really well now. And, it seems that the stiffer springs in the accumulators actually raised my shift point to 6,300 rpms when it usually shifted at 5,800 because of the lower gears in the rear end. the transmission now shifts really quick but not hard. it seems like the ideal shifts. its not hard and jarring and it doesn't chirp the tires when it shifts but it is clearly substantially better. so for the time being im gonna enjoy it. heres some pics. see if you can spot the difference.
Hey Bad, would this be what they installed on your valve body?
http://www.transgo.com/products.php?...dcountview=Yes
Old 08-29-16, 08:47 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

heres a quick video. the next one ill do is a standing launch.
Old 08-29-16, 08:54 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by eskaeone
Hey Bad, would this be what they installed on your valve body?
http://www.transgo.com/products.php?...dcountview=Yes
no he did not install any transgo kit. IPT is not real forthcoming with everything they do specifically to the valve body but he did share with me some info. the valve body is split apart and alot of orifices are enlarged to allow more fluid flow and volume thru them. which in turn allows better cooling as a secondary benefit. he also includes stiffer springs that get installed in the accumulators. those alone made a huge difference. but im still yet to get the valve body in there.
Old 08-30-16, 07:41 AM
Tank
Racer

no he did not install any transgo kit. IPT is not real forthcoming with everything they do specifically to the valve body but he did share with me some info. the valve body is split apart and alot of orifices are enlarged to allow more fluid flow and volume thru them. which in turn allows better cooling as a secondary benefit. he also includes stiffer springs that get installed in the accumulators. those alone made a huge difference. but im still yet to get the valve body in there.
Kool.
Yea, if he gave away his secrets he would be outta business I guess..lol
I wonder if this would benefit us manual shift guys..probably only in automatic mode right? What do you think?
Old 08-30-16, 08:34 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by eskaeone
Kool.
Yea, if he gave away his secrets he would be outta business I guess..lol
I wonder if this would benefit us manual shift guys..probably only in automatic mode right? What do you think?
my theory would be that it doesn't matter if your shifting in manual mode or not. once you command it to shift, the valve body is going to make the shift occur by than its out of your hands.
Old 09-07-16, 07:34 AM
kamlung
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

between black and JeffT covering the UZ & JZ motors, i think 2GS HQ is officially set up in the big TX...
Old 09-07-16, 06:35 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

lol thats whats up. im in the process of working with the guy from split second about putting together a all in one package that controls additional fuel injectors that will support more boost and also retard ignition timing. also has a maf clamp in it to stop the car from going into fuel cut once more boost is introduced. i know i need to just stop and leave it alone but im now going for the 10 psi mark. but without really cool intake temps it will be pointless. so much heat will be generated that it will kill power. thus two large 1000 cc injectors installed upstream of the supercharger. plenty of fuel and even more cooling of the air along with the meth. geez.
Old 09-12-16, 06:08 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Default Aero turbine

Check out the most recent addition to the GS430. Aero Turbin A2540 mufflers. or in this case, amplifiers. if your curious as to how they work the aero turbine website has some really good info. and the design. I'll put them on asap. the old magnaflows I have on the car currently are shot. when I had them off recently when i did the exhaust system, the magnaflows were falling apart internally. the steel wool packing was crumbling and falling out when shaken. These mufflers come with rolled four inch tips built on to them so lets do this. Ill do some before and after sound clips.
Attached Thumbnails roots blown gs430-img_3347.jpg   roots blown gs430-img_3348.jpg   roots blown gs430-img_3349.jpg   roots blown gs430-img_3350.jpg  

Last edited by badblackgs; 09-12-16 at 06:13 PM.

Quick Reply: roots blown gs430