Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F Sport Exhaust Gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-15, 09:24 AM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default F Sport Exhaust Gaskets

Hey guys,

I just picked up a used F sport exhaust (the 2nd version but not engraved) and I have it now paired up to an Invidia mid pipe.

However, I have a feeling that the exhaust is leaking from somewhere as it is really loud, even at low RPMs. Much much louder than my M2 exhaust was.

My question is, how many gaskets are meant to be installed with the F Sport exhaust? Because the M2 Exhaust had a different flange where it bolts to the mid pipe, I had to make a weird custom solution to seal the connections, which worked well. But now, I don't know if there was a gasket there from factory and if it is needed with the F sport. Also, where the mufflers bolt up to the Y pipe, I have seen online some sort of metal O ring. Is this necessary? And if so, is it something I can get from any old auto parts store?

I know I had a hell of a time getting the proper gaskets for my Invidia mid pipe, that was a pain in the ***. The auto parts store kept giving me the wrong sizes.
Old 08-10-15, 11:24 AM
j3ff
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

You should have three gaskets. One from the mid pipe to Y-pipe which is a pretty big gasket. Then two metal rings from Y-pipe to mufflers. The rings dont look like much but I'm sure they play a role.

From this link, you can see bigger gasket behind the resonator. I wouldn't be surprised if yours is worn. #17451 is what you're looking at.
http://is.sewellparts.com/images/oem...000/176073.jpg

Also, the f-sport is a loud exhaust.. it just doesn't drone. I sold mine to a 604 guy last year who had an m2 before and he also noticed it was quite loud but not annoying while cruising.

Last edited by j3ff; 08-10-15 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-10-15, 01:11 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by j3ff
You should have three gaskets. One from the mid pipe to Y-pipe which is a pretty big gasket. Then two metal rings from Y-pipe to mufflers. The rings dont look like much but I'm sure they play a role.

From this link, you can see bigger gasket behind the resonator. I wouldn't be surprised if yours is worn. #17451 is what you're looking at.
http://is.sewellparts.com/images/oem...000/176073.jpg

Also, the f-sport is a loud exhaust.. it just doesn't drone. I sold mine to a 604 guy last year who had an m2 before and he also noticed it was quite loud but not annoying while cruising.
Ah thank you, that was the schematic I was using before when I did the Invidia pipe, but couldn't find it now.

I have to see if I have the donut gasket laying around somewhere, I am pretty sure I took it out when I put in the M2 because the flange was different.

As far as the O rings, does anyone know where to get them or if there's an alternative to them?

Right now the exhaust is loud, but sounds like it has a weird loud "blap blap blap" sound. I could be wrong, but something about it just doesn't sound quite right. It's loud even under light acceleration and cruising was either silent if I was barely touching the gas or annoying under light -moderate throttle.
Old 08-11-15, 08:38 AM
j3ff
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

That bap bap bap sound definitely sounds like an exhaust leak. You might want to just sneak an arm under while the car is running and feel for the leak (don't touch the piping obviously).

Maybe Lordco or any tuner shop would have the rings. It'd help if we had size.. I want to say 2.5" but I'm not 100%.
Old 08-11-15, 09:02 AM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by j3ff
That bap bap bap sound definitely sounds like an exhaust leak. You might want to just sneak an arm under while the car is running and feel for the leak (don't touch the piping obviously).

Maybe Lordco or any tuner shop would have the rings. It'd help if we had size.. I want to say 2.5" but I'm not 100%.
I read somewhere that people were just making gaskets out of a sheet of gasket material. Maybe I will give that a shot. And I should probably double check if the rings may even be int here, I didn't notice them, but I also didn't know what I was looking for when I installed it.

As far as the donut gasket at the mid pipe flange... I may have to buy a new one. I have no idea where i would have put it when I did the M2 mufflers. Hopefully the auto parts store has it for less than Lexus... Does anyone know the size of the donut gasket? Looks like there's many sizes for the 17451 gasket.
Old 08-17-15, 08:32 AM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by getafewliv
I read somewhere that people were just making gaskets out of a sheet of gasket material. Maybe I will give that a shot. And I should probably double check if the rings may even be int here, I didn't notice them, but I also didn't know what I was looking for when I installed it.

As far as the donut gasket at the mid pipe flange... I may have to buy a new one. I have no idea where i would have put it when I did the M2 mufflers. Hopefully the auto parts store has it for less than Lexus... Does anyone know the size of the donut gasket? Looks like there's many sizes for the 17451 gasket.
Got a new donut gasket, seems to be much better now.
Old 08-18-15, 03:01 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Does anyone know the part number or size of the O ring gaskets? Searched and searched but can't find anything.
Old 08-25-15, 03:50 PM
knguyenk
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by getafewliv
Does anyone know the part number or size of the O ring gaskets? Searched and searched but can't find anything.
The part number for that gasket is 17451-0P022.

http://www.trademotion.com/parts/201...&siteid=214082

Should fit all 2IS models.
Old 09-16-15, 02:00 PM
Sphinx007
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What is the piping size for the F sport exhaust?? 2.25" or 2.5"?