Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

RSCHIP for IS

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-15, 11:17 PM
wongnee
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RSCHIP for IS

Anyone has tried this?

http://www.rschip.com/chiptuning/lexus/is/ii-250

Does it really work??

Before 208 HP
After 233 (+25) HP,
Torque 282 (+30) Nm

Old 07-28-15, 06:53 AM
Sphinx007
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if it's not heard of or mentioned here it's probably a scam lol
Old 07-29-15, 05:49 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Never heard of that one for sure. There has been VRTuned and Road Race Motorsports (RRM).

I've been meaning to post a review of the VRTuned for some time now (after being one of the first and owning it for several months now), but I keep forgetting lol.

VRTuned I can say from personal experience and dyno that overtime the effects diminish.
Has always been around 700 miles when the effects feel almost non-existent.

I'll detail my experience in another post whenever I get down to it.
Old 07-31-15, 07:56 AM
tx_is300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lex Sense - I have VR Tuned as wel;l. I have had this over 6 moths and 5k miles. Has not yet reverted back to stock. It does not go back to default as others claim.

I have even reflashed it when i added an exhaust as it was running worse right after due to change in backpressure. After reflash; it was back to normal.

The power is there and the changes to transmission are both noticeable.

I don't know if you notice the transmission shifting any differently but that is very apparent. That alone is worth the upgrade as the normal drive mode is awful as feels like driving in mud as it is so mushy and lacks any feel when it shifts espeially at redline.

Could be i notice the changes more as i have intake and exahust as well. if you are running plain stock , then these changes may not be as significant??
Old 07-31-15, 02:46 PM
Road Race Motorsports
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexSense
Never heard of that one for sure. There has been VRTuned and Road Race Motorsports (RRM).

I've been meaning to post a review of the VRTuned for some time now (after being one of the first and owning it for several months now), but I keep forgetting lol.

VRTuned I can say from personal experience and dyno that overtime the effects diminish.
Has always been around 700 miles when the effects feel almost non-existent.

I'll detail my experience in another post whenever I get down to it.
We have had our Power Managers in some cars for a few months for testing and nobody has reported any power loss over time. Our system has its own microprocessor unit and is designed to work with the ECU not against it. As for most tunes you will need to update when you make changes that effect the engine and our Power Manager can help increase gains from other performance parts. We applied the same technology we have been using for almost 10 years to the Lexus and found a lot of power gains.
Old 08-01-15, 04:05 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any chance of some before and after dyno charts on a 350? Maybe with an aftermarket exhaust and air filter/intake.
Old 08-11-15, 07:56 PM
starbai
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Road Race Motorsports
We have had our Power Managers in some cars for a few months for testing and nobody has reported any power loss over time. Our system has its own microprocessor unit and is designed to work with the ECU not against it. As for most tunes you will need to update when you make changes that effect the engine and our Power Manager can help increase gains from other performance parts. We applied the same technology we have been using for almost 10 years to the Lexus and found a lot of power gains.
Where can i find more information on your tune? I've been looking for options and didn't know that any even existed!
Old 08-12-15, 12:30 AM
Road Race Motorsports
Driver

Originally Posted by Larry96815
Any chance of some before and after dyno charts on a 350? Maybe with an aftermarket exhaust and air filter/intake.
Originally Posted by 97AcuraCL
Where can i find more information on your tune? I've been looking for options and didn't know that any even existed!
Here is a great thread on this forum that has a before and after dyno from a customer. His numbers are different than ours but it goes to show we made power across the whole power band. Each car is going to be different, we have a lot of custom work and others don't, but you can expect to get 6-14 HP from the car and see a 4-8 lbs ft of torque across the whole power band. We did not aim for max power, we added both HP and Torque across all the RPMs. Hit the link bellow and check out the dyno sheets on the first page.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...dyno-test.html
Old 08-12-15, 08:43 AM
starbai
Intermediate

Here is a great thread on this forum that has a before and after dyno from a customer. His numbers are different than ours but it goes to show we made power across the whole power band. Each car is going to be different, we have a lot of custom work and others don't, but you can expect to get 6-14 HP from the car and see a 4-8 lbs ft of torque across the whole power band. We did not aim for max power, we added both HP and Torque across all the RPMs. Hit the link bellow and check out the dyno sheets on the first page.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...dyno-test.html
Thank you . Do you expect the same or better results with the 2014+ 's 8spd?
Old 08-12-15, 09:46 AM
Road Race Motorsports
Driver

Originally Posted by 97AcuraCL
Thank you . Do you expect the same or better results with the 2014+ 's 8spd?
Our RC 350 with the 8 Speed did better on the dyno than the older 6 speed so we think so. Also if you are running an exhaust and intake you will see a higher result because the system is built to maximize on the increased flow. If you buy the Power Manager and you are not getting any horse power out of it then we will buy it back, that is how confident we are in the product. One of our testers was expecting more power out of it, we told him send us the box for a full refund since he expressed he was unhappy with the results. Not only did he want to keep the box, but he wanted the software so he could have his local guy tune it.
Old 08-12-15, 04:19 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Our RC 350 with the 8 Speed did better on the dyno than the older 6 speed so we think so. Also if you are running an exhaust and intake you will see a higher result because the system is built to maximize on the increased flow. If you buy the Power Manager and you are not getting any horse power out of it then we will buy it back, that is how confident we are in the product. One of our testers was expecting more power out of it, we told him send us the box for a full refund since he expressed he was unhappy with the results. Not only did he want to keep the box, but he wanted the software so he could have his local guy tune it.
I applaud you guys for giving that satisfaction guarantee!

It definitely separates you guys from the competition (cough* Vivid Racing / VRTuned) who advertises a product that is locked to vehicle upon flashing and non-refundable.

I may make the switch over and try your product in the near future.
Old 08-13-15, 09:37 AM
Road Race Motorsports
Driver

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
Kind of assuming unsatisfactory results with this question (pessimistic, I know, but I'm a trust but verify kinda person), anyway, curious if the "butt dyno" would be enough to invoke this buy back guarantee or would you require someone to get their vehicle professionally dynoed to buy back?
We have had more than one person run their cars on a dyno to see the power they are getting and tune the box so yes we would want to see it on a dyno. What is nice is that getting on a dyno is much cheaper than it was 10 years ago.
Old 08-14-15, 10:32 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We have had more than one person run their cars on a dyno to see the power they are getting and tune the box so yes we would want to see it on a dyno. What is nice is that getting on a dyno is much cheaper than it was 10 years ago.
What kind of tuning can you do with it?
Old 08-14-15, 04:21 PM
Road Race Motorsports
Driver

Originally Posted by NVMarkus
What kind of tuning can you do with it?
Can adjust any of the fuel/air parameters that the system reads. Right now we don't have a timing solution for Lexus, and given the complex system in place if we do have one in the future it will be a while so we can get it right the first time. Toyota has been crafting the VVT system for a long time and really have done a great job with it. It also makes it hard to find areas to grow power and not hurt anything.
Old 08-14-15, 10:34 PM
Road Race Motorsports
Driver

Originally Posted by PatrixUSA
Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing you'd want a before install dyno as well for comparo?

You charge your testers for the box?

What changed his mind?
You can buy the box use it, take it off, dyno, then put the box back on and redyno the car. You don't need one before you buy the product.

Our second round of testers paid for the box at a discount, our first set did not. We did three rounds of testers so we can get a good range of cars and data.

Our customer was unhappy that it did not net double digit gains over the whole RPM range, just through the mid range on his car (he had custom exhaust, intake and headers). We offered the buy back because we believe in the product and don't want ill will. He liked how the box smoothed out the power and wanted to keep it by the end of the conversation. I think part of it was venting he had really high hopes and fell a little short.

Quick Reply: RSCHIP for IS