Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Stillen Supercharger kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-15, 11:57 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nixcision
I got a quote from ARMA a few months back of just under $7k landed here in Canada, which seems to be on par with what some are saying.
Honestly, to have the confidence of buying a full kit from a well known, established company beats having to piece together your own-- it seems to end up at the 6k mark at the very end after parts, labour (fixing problems, assistance, etc.) and shipping.... worth it imo to go with Stillen or ARMA.. saves the headache! I say this in the hopes to join the 2is SC club..

One day.....
$7k parts and labor?
Old 06-10-15, 08:45 AM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MWIS350
$7k parts and labor?
Not exactly... $7k includes parts and freight to my door. Install would be an additional cost should you choose not to do a diy or partial diy
Old 06-10-15, 05:23 PM
jasonr
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People who complains about the prices without knowing the facts shouldn't be on the performance section lol
Go get a honda civic and can buy a $500 eBay turbo kit.
Old 06-11-15, 11:24 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to have BMW's that I modded and then moved to Toyotas years ago. I was like, "OMG everything is so cheap" LOL.
Old 06-12-15, 09:37 AM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 320 Likes on 137 Posts

lol bmw... probably people that used to mod civic will complain mods are expensive... if u want to go fast, and hav good parts that fit and work right, you gotta spend the money... $6000 is about right for S/C kits, do some research on the HKS S/C kits its even more expensive
Old 06-12-15, 11:00 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

$6k is not a terrible price but still higher compared to other superchargers available in the toyota GR engine family. But that is just thinking outside the box. I've bought superchargers for Vette's and its around the same price. The only reason why (comparatively) to other cars why it seems like a lot is because of the HP headroom. I'll faster spend 6k on a supercharger i can get an extra 2-300 hp out of an engine as opposed to 50-100 hp (on a good day).

I am very happy that the IS V6 is getting FI options because it would make the car more appealing to car enthusiast. I think its almost easier to go turbo as for $$/HP can me similarly achieved for about half the price. But there really are no turbo options available that are not custom built.

Overall, Id rather just spend the 6k on a faster car lol
Old 06-19-15, 12:11 AM
lexis35022
Rookie

Yes please!! I would b down if it's closer to 100hp!
Old 07-23-15, 09:21 AM
Rangz444
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't worry about $7k when you live in south Africa like I do and it costs over $12k+ to buy it and ship it in id happily pay $5-7k not that I have that much money because I'm a student but its not the worst price, and lets be honest we don't own cheap cars because were obviously the kind of people who like to get quality for our money, you know what they say you get what you pay for. Does anybody know if when we do sc our vehicles if we can do a straight bolt on without having to change our compression ratio and what kind of boost pressure we can run, because in my case the separate parts come in a lot cheaper than a kit from a company even a local south African company for me so I am considering building a system myself, obviously a lot of planning and research needs to be done, but if I can manage to create a system id be happy to share it with everyone because yes these kits are expensive and cant be made cheaper due to profit loss issues for the companys.
Old 07-24-15, 04:39 PM
WillK
Rookie

I hope IS owners have better luck than Nissan Titan owners. I know some early SC's for the Titan's didn't go so well for owners.

Made gobs of power though. Titan owners were seeing on average well over 100 hp over stock (305 hp to around 420). A power increase of 33+% from a SC kit is pretty impressive.
Old 09-01-15, 09:05 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by WillK
I hope IS owners have better luck than Nissan Titan owners. I know some early SC's for the Titan's didn't go so well for owners.

Made gobs of power though. Titan owners were seeing on average well over 100 hp over stock (305 hp to around 420). A power increase of 33+% from a SC kit is pretty impressive.
That was quite some time ago. We have had hundreds of superchargers installed on Titans, Armadas, Frontiers, 350Zs, G35s, G37s, and 370Zs with no issues. We are being very careful during development of this kit. We would like to see the same track record we have had with the G and Z kits over the past decade.
Old 11-12-15, 08:37 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Man people still complaining about price LOL

Put everything into perspective then you'll see that it's not that bad. People that has never had a chance to see the 2IS boosted don't know how fun it is! If Stillen doesn't make one I'll put one together for my 3IS since I've already accomplished it on my 2IS
Old 11-13-15, 05:31 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
Man people still complaining about price LOL

Put everything into perspective then you'll see that it's not that bad. People that has never had a chance to see the 2IS boosted don't know how fun it is! If Stillen doesn't make one I'll put one together for my 3IS since I've already accomplished it on my 2IS
DANGGGG whats up OG!? haha

You know the forums never change, everyone wants a bolt on kit for next to nothing, with massive gains, that has zero maintenance and installs itself

Cant wait to see people like you step up the 3IS game with some boost!
Old 01-13-16, 05:53 PM
nikogio38
Pole Position

all these people talking like there going drop 7k for a supercharger. Lol lol
Old 01-14-16, 08:46 AM
scott1256c
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, lots of talk about these performance upgrades, but not much action. I know, because I'm one of them Actually got in negotiations to buy S/C parts, but eventually decided not to. Lots of dreams until it comes time to part with a sizeable chunk of cash.
Old 01-14-16, 09:10 AM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nikogio38
all these people talking like there going drop 7k for a supercharger. Lol lol
I'll sell mine for 7k!

Quick Reply: Stillen Supercharger kit