CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Supercharger Kit for your IS350?
Absolutely! I would purchase if available.
59.26%
I might be interested.
34.26%
Not really that interested.
5.56%
What's a Supercharger?
0.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Gathering Interest IS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-15, 08:54 PM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicF
...... But, we love our new Lexus!
Great information. Thanks for sharing
Old 06-09-15, 11:18 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Interesting thread and great info AtomicF! Subscribed as a 2is owner... hope to see some possible transition and/or overlap to the 2nd gen models.
Old 06-10-15, 09:20 AM
L0ngJ0hn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicF
I just purchased a ’15 IS350 F Sport last week for my wife. I’ve been researching this forum for a while but just joined today and this supercharged thread caught my eye.

This is my very first post but I see that the Lotus Evora has been mentioned several times. I am pretty familiar with the Evora S model, more specifically a 2011 Evora S. There was some mentioning of tunes and superchargers on the Evora. So, here is what I know:

The Toyota 2GR-FE engine is used in all of the Evora production cars. (My understanding is that they chose the the 2GR-FE over the 2GR-FSE due to the mounting position and location.) The naturally aspirated (NA) Evora has 276bhp (206KW) at 6400rpm. The supercharged Evora S uses a Harrop HTV 1320 Supercharger (utilising Eaton TVS Technology). This bumps up the bhp to 345bhp (206KW) at 7000rpm.

The Evora manual gearboxes are the Toyota EA60 gearbox, as fitted to the Toyota Auris 2.0 D-4D and 2.2 D-CAT diesel engine models.The Evora S gets an upgraded and beefier clutch setup with a lighter flywheel relative to the NA.

There are several supercharged manual cars that I have heard of that have been tuned using Komo-tec tunes that have not had engine or manual gearbox related issues. The Komo-tec tune is available in three different stages for the supercharged Evora S.

Stage 1: 390 hp. It consists of a reflash (optimized engine management (ignition/injection and cam timing), stainless headers with equal tubes, a sports (metal) catalyzer and K&N sport air filter. No pulley change, so no boost change on this stage. Both headers replace the pre-catalyzers inside the stock Toyota headers.

Stage 2: 410 Hp. Stage 2 starts with stage 1 components. However, Stage 2’s key element is a larger pulley for the supercharger, increasing boost by 0.04 bar. They also tweak the ECU.

Stage 3: 430 Hp for the Evora S. Stage 3 builds off of stage 1&2. Key element of stage 3 is a modified carbon Air box system with cold air feed and a matching EV430 software. The bigger diameter of the new carbon air box, together with the high flow air filter, allows better air flow.

The Evora IPS and S IPS (aka the automatics) use the Toyota U660E gearbox... I do not know of any that have a Komo-tec tune, so I do not know how the automatics would hold up to the additional power.

Lotus developed their own T6e ECU engine management system. This allows the rev limit to be increased to 7000 rpm (7200 rpm for S models) when the car is running in Sports Mode. The Evora’s T6e ECU I believe is manufactured by EFi Technology. TheT6e has been tough to crack for tuning purposes, but BOE Fabrication is one company that has cracked it and plans to release a full and adjustable/customizable tune for the Evora in the next several months.

For the various Evora race projects, Lotus worked with Cosworth to develop high power, naturally aspirated, variants of the 2GR-FE capable of competing in various motorsport categories. Therefore, the engine was enlarged to 4-litres and fitted with a dry sump oil system. Power varies from around 350bhp for the Evora GT4 up to 470bhp for the Evora GTE.

The Evora 400 is scheduled to have a 400hp. 3.5 liter V6, 24 valve, water cooled, all aluminum engine, with an Edelbrock supercharger, as well as a new intercooler and new ECU.

So, this is what I know about the Evora. But, we love our new Lexus!
Very nice first post.
We should be contacting the people that make the Elise ecu and see if they can port it to our platform. I don't think power will be a problem for the 8spd owners
Old 06-10-15, 11:33 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by L0ngJ0hn
Very nice first post.
We should be contacting the people that make the Elise ecu and see if they can port it to our platform. I don't think power will be a problem for the 8spd owners
The tuning would be completely different. The challenge is dealing with the Port and Direct Injection switch back system and the sensors that run that system. The 2GR-FE is very different in a lot of ways.
Old 06-10-15, 11:47 AM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STILLEN
The tuning would be completely different. The challenge is dealing with the Port and Direct Injection switch back system and the sensors that run that system. The 2GR-FE is very different in a lot of ways.
True story; best comparison for that type of fuel system is on the FT86 platform (Scion FRS, Toyota 86, Subaru BRZ). For those that don't know, Toyota took the port and direct injection from the Lexus line and put it on the FT86 platform. After building my FA20 engine and having the ECU tuned it takes more skill and time to tune between the port and direct injectors, especially if you are making more power and upgraded the port injectors to 1000cc IDs. Completely different world haha.

I just find it exciting that this SC won't require extreme modifications just to add some more "spunk" to the car.
Old 06-13-15, 04:56 AM
mikeNY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We should have the car we will be working on in the next couple weeks. It will be a lengthy process after that (6 months at least) to get everything done. I will probably be putting together a thread following the development after our initial testing.
hey Mark thats great news .. can i pre order it now ?! =) i cant wait !!
Old 06-16-15, 10:42 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mikeNY
hey Mark thats great news .. can i pre order it now ?! =) i cant wait !!
I will announce pre-order option when we get close to a finished product. Still a lot of R&D to do.
Old 06-24-15, 06:28 PM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what about the RC-F?
Old 06-25-15, 03:55 PM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by juanmedina
what about the RC-F?
No plans for RC-F parts yet. We have considered it but would need a car for development.
Old 06-26-15, 03:59 PM
14is350
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really excited about this. Hope everything works out well!! Keep us updated please
Old 06-30-15, 02:36 PM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Hopefully we will have a car this month (July)
Old 07-06-15, 11:01 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hopefully we will have a car this month (July)
I'm interested in this kit specially if its in the 6-7k. However it depends also on how much I need to replace of the car parts.
Anyway can you specify what needs to be changed to install the kit ?
Old 07-07-15, 04:41 PM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AMNss
I'm interested in this kit specially if its in the 6-7k. However it depends also on how much I need to replace of the car parts.
Anyway can you specify what needs to be changed to install the kit ?
There is no way of saying without doing more development and testing.
Old 07-20-15, 01:01 PM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Got a little update for you guys

Old 07-20-15, 01:09 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

damn...i miss my yellow IS!!!

Quick Reply: Gathering Interest IS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll