CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Supercharger Kit for your IS350?
Absolutely! I would purchase if available.
59.26%
I might be interested.
34.26%
Not really that interested.
5.56%
What's a Supercharger?
0.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Gathering Interest IS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-15, 06:41 AM
Kybball#1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simon, they would most likely go on it
Old 05-20-15, 07:05 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kybball#1
Simon, they would most likely go on it
ha, do they have the same offsets? any way cant wait for more information on this. I enjoy adding fun stuff to my car...
Old 05-21-15, 09:41 AM
CJW
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bclodfelte
Yes this....coming from the Subi side with my STI I fear the Warranty. Some people can write it off and cross their fingers, but my bank roll isn't that big
Yep. Mine was a Subaru too. Forester, which used the same long block as the STi. I swapped in a STi Turbo and IC along with a header and ran the off the shelf Cobb VF39 tune for Foresters.

Not sure how long it was, but I was burning oil very quickly. Combined with relatively poor "tuner" shops that sell/install a lot of this stuff, it's risky on a car in the class of the Lexus.

It's a worst case scenario for sure and I'm not saying this would be an issue with this kit.
Old 05-21-15, 11:37 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have been doing superchargers for quite some time and will take every effort to make sure the kit is safe. We do understand that there are some that will still want to wait for their warranties to be up.
Old 05-21-15, 11:40 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will it be for the second gen or third gen?
Old 05-22-15, 11:13 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jump2man3
will it be for the second gen or third gen?
We will be designing it for the 3rd gen IS. If we are successful we will be happy to test it on the 2nd gen IS350 after the kit is complete.
Old 05-22-15, 11:28 AM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

@STILLEN, any prototype pictures you wanna share
Old 05-22-15, 11:54 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by STILLEN
We will be designing it for the 3rd gen IS. If we are successful we will be happy to test it on the 2nd gen IS350 after the kit is complete.
Ok cool, definitely keep me posted Mark.
Old 05-24-15, 09:44 PM
Dmance
Rookie

whats the price range? im really excited for this. ill just start saving my monies now
Old 05-26-15, 08:27 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dmance
whats the price range? im really excited for this. ill just start saving my monies now
We are aiming to keep it in the $6000-$7000 range, but it is hard to say for sure what it will cost before development.
Old 05-31-15, 04:28 AM
Loe
Pole Position

would be interesting if you can exceed the Lotus P400 model as they use the non-DI 3G-FE without any internal engine modifications
Old 06-01-15, 11:22 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Loe
would be interesting if you can exceed the Lotus P400 model as they use the non-DI 3G-FE without any internal engine modifications
I guess we will find out. It will be a different blower, IC setup, etc. The 2GR-FE and the 2GR-FSE are different enough to where I'd expect better gains from it.
Old 06-01-15, 01:39 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Any idea what the ETA's on this project?
Old 06-02-15, 10:14 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jkonquer
Any idea what the ETA's on this project?
We should have the car we will be working on in the next couple weeks. It will be a lengthy process after that (6 months at least) to get everything done. I will probably be putting together a thread following the development after our initial testing.
Old 06-04-15, 03:12 PM
AtomicF
Driver School Candidate

I just purchased a ’15 IS350 F Sport last week for my wife. I’ve been researching this forum for a while but just joined today and this supercharged thread caught my eye.

This is my very first post but I see that the Lotus Evora has been mentioned several times. I am pretty familiar with the Evora S model, more specifically a 2011 Evora S. There was some mentioning of tunes and superchargers on the Evora. So, here is what I know:

The Toyota 2GR-FE engine is used in all of the Evora production cars. (My understanding is that they chose the the 2GR-FE over the 2GR-FSE due to the mounting position and location.) The naturally aspirated (NA) Evora has 276bhp (206KW) at 6400rpm. The supercharged Evora S uses a Harrop HTV 1320 Supercharger (utilising Eaton TVS Technology). This bumps up the bhp to 345bhp (206KW) at 7000rpm.

The Evora manual gearboxes are the Toyota EA60 gearbox, as fitted to the Toyota Auris 2.0 D-4D and 2.2 D-CAT diesel engine models.The Evora S gets an upgraded and beefier clutch setup with a lighter flywheel relative to the NA.

There are several supercharged manual cars that I have heard of that have been tuned using Komo-tec tunes that have not had engine or manual gearbox related issues. The Komo-tec tune is available in three different stages for the supercharged Evora S.

Stage 1: 390 hp. It consists of a reflash (optimized engine management (ignition/injection and cam timing), stainless headers with equal tubes, a sports (metal) catalyzer and K&N sport air filter. No pulley change, so no boost change on this stage. Both headers replace the pre-catalyzers inside the stock Toyota headers.

Stage 2: 410 Hp. Stage 2 starts with stage 1 components. However, Stage 2’s key element is a larger pulley for the supercharger, increasing boost by 0.04 bar. They also tweak the ECU.

Stage 3: 430 Hp for the Evora S. Stage 3 builds off of stage 1&2. Key element of stage 3 is a modified carbon Air box system with cold air feed and a matching EV430 software. The bigger diameter of the new carbon air box, together with the high flow air filter, allows better air flow.

The Evora IPS and S IPS (aka the automatics) use the Toyota U660E gearbox... I do not know of any that have a Komo-tec tune, so I do not know how the automatics would hold up to the additional power.

Lotus developed their own T6e ECU engine management system. This allows the rev limit to be increased to 7000 rpm (7200 rpm for S models) when the car is running in Sports Mode. The Evora’s T6e ECU I believe is manufactured by EFi Technology. TheT6e has been tough to crack for tuning purposes, but BOE Fabrication is one company that has cracked it and plans to release a full and adjustable/customizable tune for the Evora in the next several months.

For the various Evora race projects, Lotus worked with Cosworth to develop high power, naturally aspirated, variants of the 2GR-FE capable of competing in various motorsport categories. Therefore, the engine was enlarged to 4-litres and fitted with a dry sump oil system. Power varies from around 350bhp for the Evora GT4 up to 470bhp for the Evora GTE.

The Evora 400 is scheduled to have a 400hp. 3.5 liter V6, 24 valve, water cooled, all aluminum engine, with an Edelbrock supercharger, as well as a new intercooler and new ECU.

So, this is what I know about the Evora. But, we love our new Lexus!

Quick Reply: Gathering Interest IS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll