CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Supercharger Kit for your IS350?
Absolutely! I would purchase if available.
59.26%
I might be interested.
34.26%
Not really that interested.
5.56%
What's a Supercharger?
0.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Gathering Interest IS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-15, 06:15 AM
TsunamiF
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by a790
The question you should be asking is: what is it going to take to add 100whp with the supercharger and still have a reliable vehicle? Of course, that's also a question that nobody can really answer since it's never been tested with the IS.
Stewb10 is pretty close to that +100whp threshold with his 358rwhp supercharged 2IS IS350:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...50-dyno-d.html

With a few additional parts, he believes he can probably hit the 400rwhp mark. I can't say for sure how reliable this system is since he's been doing everything through trial and error.
Old 04-28-15, 03:14 PM
a790
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STILLEN
RC350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll
We have made many "reliable" supercharger kits for the Infiniti/Nissan line up. Yes, forced induction will always add some stress to an engine. We will not make a kit that puts so much stress on the engine that it is likely to fail. Reliability is relative. We can make it reliable for a aftermarket forced induction car. We have many kits out there with well over 100k miles on them. Just a little extra maintenance and you are usually good to go.
Excellent. I think this should answer most people's concerns about reliability

What would you use for engine management?
Old 04-29-15, 12:22 AM
Brokenis
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by a790
What the hell are you talking about?

My point is that Stillen can't make any promises regarding reliability about anything that they don't include in the kit. There are too many variables for them to consider. All they can do is build a kit that fits, ship it with a tune that "works", and leave the rest up to you.

For ****s sake, you're talking about strapping on a supercharger on to the car and you're yammering on about "reliability". You can make certain expectations like that if the car came boosted, but anyone with any amount of common sense (you aren't included, don't worry) should quickly come to the understanding that the reliability component of the modification will rest almost entirely with them.

The tune, how you drive, type of fuel you use, etc. all play a part in the "reliability" equation.

Can Stillen make a reliable superhcarger? Of course they can. They've made millions. But the supercharger won't be the component that fails... it'll be the rings, or a piston, or a head gasket, or any number of other things that are likely to fail long before the supercharger does (hence my comment regarding them). Make sense now, chuckles?

The question you should be asking is: what is it going to take to add 100whp with the supercharger and still have a reliable vehicle? Of course, that's also a question that nobody can really answer since it's never been tested with the IS.

I'll stop right here, too much of a smart geek for me.

I'm sure if you do some browsing, you'll find theres people out there pushing +100whp boosted/supercharged.

Get some real references bro.

Last edited by Brokenis; 04-29-15 at 12:27 AM.
Old 04-30-15, 08:31 AM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TsunamiF
Stewb10 is pretty close to that +100whp threshold with his 358rwhp supercharged 2IS IS350:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...50-dyno-d.html
First off, I'm not a professional tuner but I do know a thing or two about tuning. That's awesome the chart shows both WHP and WTQ, Boost/PSI level, and AFR. Usually we don't get to see AFR, which is one of the most important factors in keeping an engine reliable under forced induction. Those AFR levels look phenomenal for not being able to tune the IS ECU. So running 7 PSI would be safe with a 12 AFR. You'd protect against knock more if it was in the 11's but we are not pushing serious boost nor do we need to destroy our gas mileage more.

Thanks for posting this information. I'm sure Stillen is more than capable on creating a safe supercharger, especially if it has been done before on this drivetrain.

I'm still continuing to support this idea and would love to buy a kit when available.
Old 05-01-15, 09:14 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by sam430
does the Evora 400 have internal upgrade? it's rated at 400hp. The supercharger is lightweight too.

also...seems someone can do ecu upgrade? http://www.hangar111.com/lotus/toyot...rger-upgrades/

seems our engine can take some punishment. Here's a product with ECU flash http://komo-tec.com/Shop/en/Evora/Su...S-Evora-S.html
We should probably hit them up. It seems like they have great knowledge of these engines.
Old 05-01-15, 10:37 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

LOL some of you need to do your homework. Your engines arent new.. theyve been boosted and dogged on in the past, even on high mileage IS's with no problems (and gaining 60-100whp). The centrifugal kits (procharged, hks and rotrex) on the 2IS (me and my girlfriend both have boosted IS's) are extremely reliable. I would quit worrying about the Lexus reliability and focus on Stillen (not because they dont know what theyre doing, but because Lexus side will hold up as shown already in the past).

Also. Dont expect a tune... the 2IS community has been boosting for years without a tune with around the same gains. The ECU is actually pretty intelligent and corrects for the added air on its own.
Old 05-01-15, 11:39 AM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Seems Stillen gave the green light for the 4GS thread. Not sure how that relates to the IS however.
Perhaps things are moving.
Old 05-01-15, 04:12 PM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Things are moving on all fronts. If we do one we are doing all 3 cars. We are just waiting on a couple things we need before officially moving forward.
Old 05-01-15, 04:22 PM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Things are moving on all fronts. If we do one we are doing all 3 cars. We are just waiting on a couple things we need before officially moving forward.
Cheers!

I'll be rooting for you guys! Please keep us updated!
Old 05-02-15, 10:21 AM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome! Thanks for the update
Old 05-02-15, 01:04 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you need a car?
Old 05-03-15, 03:11 PM
Fooz
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

This is great news!

Bring it on
Old 05-04-15, 04:05 PM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have secured exclusivity rights and have a car on its way
Old 05-04-15, 05:50 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That is pretty exciting not going to lie!!!!
Old 05-04-15, 07:02 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

We have secured exclusivity rights and have a car on its way
Great news! California is really tightening up. Hope it goes to carb before everything gets squeezed out from being approved.

Quick Reply: Gathering Interest IS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll