Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Exhaust for 2IS 08..Need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-15, 09:17 PM
Ken1712
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhaust for 2IS 08..Need help

Hi everyone, I'm a new member at CL and got my is250 for over a year. And now it a time to change a new exhaust to get a new sound (so boring with the stock sound). I want to get some things loud, deep tone and no Drone inside the cabin. My budget is under $500, so can anyone help me please???

I found some axle back like Megan racing axle back but don't know how inside the cabin yet.
Amazon.com: Megan Racing AXLE BACK EXHAUST LEXUS IS250/350 DRIFT SPEC 06-13, 4 TIPS: Automotive Amazon.com: Megan Racing AXLE BACK EXHAUST LEXUS IS250/350 DRIFT SPEC 06-13, 4 TIPS: Automotive

Also this axle back with resonated and Y pipe:
http://thmotorsports.com/i-128197.as...FQyraQodEl0ApA

so what difference between those??
Old 04-20-15, 03:48 PM
JustBrosy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since these are bolt-on exhaust systems your oem resonator will still be part of the exhaust. So the sound for either of these exhaust system won't be too noticeable unless you get a resonator delete as well(my assumption). Since you said you wanted something loud. So for the drift spec megan exhaust it looks like another cannon type muffler like the hks hi-power exhaust which is a lot louder, should have a deep tone from youtube vids I've seen, but is going to drone more than the second link. So ya basically the second exhaust isn't as loud but should still sound nicely loud with a resonator delete and won't drone as much because of the muffler design. Hope this helps I've gone through so many different exhaust set-ups it was annoying until I found the perfect one.
Old 04-21-15, 01:24 AM
Ken1712
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JustBrosy
Since these are bolt-on exhaust systems your oem resonator will still be part of the exhaust. So the sound for either of these exhaust system won't be too noticeable unless you get a resonator delete as well(my assumption). Since you said you wanted something loud. So for the drift spec megan exhaust it looks like another cannon type muffler like the hks hi-power exhaust which is a lot louder, should have a deep tone from youtube vids I've seen, but is going to drone more than the second link. So ya basically the second exhaust isn't as loud but should still sound nicely loud with a resonator delete and won't drone as much because of the muffler design. Hope this helps I've gone through so many different exhaust set-ups it was annoying until I found the perfect one.
thank you for more information Also, after watching some vid on youtube I saw some people change the midpipe to invidia and it sound good with the stock exhaust or with the megan first link too. Should I change the midpipe first or axleback first to get a good sound. (i want a little bit of drone but not too much for a long trip) Any suggestion?
Old 04-21-15, 02:32 AM
JustBrosy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken1712
thank you for more information Also, after watching some vid on youtube I saw some people change the midpipe to invidia and it sound good with the stock exhaust or with the megan first link too. Should I change the midpipe first or axleback first to get a good sound. (i want a little bit of drone but not too much for a long trip) Any suggestion?
I think if you can do both an invidia with either of the megan exhausts at the same time you should it'll sound a lot different. Since the invidia mid pipe with the stock exhaust is louder than just stock. I still don't think it will be loud enough to what you might want. But hey if you get the mid pipe first and like it with the stock exhaust then you can keep it that way if not buy one of the axle backs!
I love this set-up though the first link w/ the invidia mid pipe sounds great in my opinon. Also keep in mind that this set-up will probably drone a little more than if you went with the second link w/ invidia mid pipe. Up to you and I hope whichever you pick you'll be happy with!