Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tsudo Axle-back Installed

Old 03-02-15, 12:05 PM
Brosillo
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tsudo Axle-back Installed

Alright CL members. I finally decided on a low budget exhaust solution. I was sick of how quiet my 2008 IS350 was, so I purchased the Tsudo axle back off of Speed Element Motors. And of course they lowered the price $50 a week later , but oh well. The tips look great, 4.5" definitely fills the exhaust cutouts. The shop only charged me $45 to install it and said there was no fitment issues at all. Apparently they redesigned a few dimensions to minimize any fitment issues.

This axle back did exactly what I wanted. It gave my car a little bit of growl like a 350z or g35 and looks good doing it. It obviously isn't broken in yet, but I already like the way it sounds. Originally there was thoughts of doing a resonator delete if this wasn't loud enough, but that is no longer needed. I will post some pictures and maybe a video when the weather gets nicer. The car is a mess right now with all the snow and road salt...

PS. I can definitely feel the advertised 15-20hp. Throttle response is way better plus I think I can get like 5 more mpg on the highway. I'm pretty sure I can take my friends 2014 Mustang GT now. Gonna challenge him this weekend for pink-slips. Obviously I'm kidding haha. I only got this for the sounds and look. No plans to dyno either as I don't have a stock number to compare it to.

http://www.semotors.com/tsudo-lexus-...l-mufflers-v2/
Old 03-03-15, 11:04 AM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was also planning on getting the Tsudo myself but I had to wait until SE have it in stock for the V2 one. I wasn't patient so I bought the M2 instead on EBay. I also did a Reso Delete to get the Growl. Still want it louder tbh. The Tsudo seems to be a HKS rep. Looks good hope to see more reviews.
Old 03-03-15, 02:24 PM
hefe561
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long did it take from once you ordered it till it arrived? I want to order today but ill be out of town the beginning of next week. just wondering if i should wait till i get back to order.
-jeff
Old 03-03-15, 05:48 PM
Brosillo
Rookie

Also it took 5 business days to arrive I believe. I would call to see how many they have left before putting it off, especially at the lowered price.

Sound wise, I definitely don't need anything more. Sounds awesome when I gun it.
Old 03-04-15, 01:54 PM
harper7
Pit Crew

Received 65 Likes on 40 Posts
Default My Experience with the Tsudo's

I also bought the Tsudo V2 exhaust a couple of weeks ago and installed it. I'm happy with the sound but was not entirely thrilled with the fitment on mine.

Maybe I'm picky or mine was different, but the center to center on the stock exhaust exit pipes is almost an inch more then these which made the tips sit inwards in the rear cut outs.I solved that with 3/8" spacers on each side where it attaches to the forward pipe as bending the hangers will do nothing for center to center. Now I have them centered in the bumper hole cutouts.

Also the drivers side stuck out further if bolted straight up but they slot the holes on the 1/2" flanges, so that side can be pushed forward and bolted and pass. side be pulled back and bolted. It works to even them out but not optimal for exhaust flow as the 2 1/2" center holes are not lined up inside the flanges....... but not a big deal.

I called them and told them about my experience for future reference. I am a bit **** about stuff being right and I'm a mechanic who has done many exhaust installs. Some or probably most people probably wouldn't even notice. The workmanship with the stainless and welds does look top notch and no complaints there.........................YMMV
Old 03-04-15, 01:59 PM
Gville350

Received 428 Likes on 383 Posts

^See, that's what I'm afraid of! I love the price and sound of this exhaust, but the fitment isn't ALWAYS good. The bulk of the pics I've seen show the rear center section where the two mufflers connect and merge into the midpipe seem to always hang too low. With my 2IS being already too low as it is, I cannot afford to hit stuff and knock my exhaust off.

Example taken from the link in the OP's post :

Last edited by Gville350; 03-04-15 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-05-15, 12:03 PM
Brosillo
Rookie

I do see what you're saying about the center to center dimension. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO POINT THAT OUT??!?!?! But I might try your little trick to put the spacers in just to push the tips outward (towards the sides of the vehicle). How difficult is that to do?
Old 03-06-15, 03:39 PM
Gville350

Received 428 Likes on 383 Posts

^Sorry! LOL! Perhaps some upgraded "stiff" exhaust hangers would help out some? Examples shown below :

http://www.torquesolution.com/Exhaust-Mount-s/1239.htm
Old 03-07-15, 08:32 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice. The big exhaust tips remind me of the HKS exhaust.

Does anyone know how this compares to the M2?? Im interested in buying a low budget exhaust soon
Old 05-10-15, 01:44 PM
1BadTitan
Rookie

Do any of you notice any drone inside the car? At cruising speed, any speed really? I have an is250 and the M2 droned pretty bad at 3000rpms. I have an auto trans, and its was horrible.
Old 05-11-15, 09:37 PM
saturdays
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you guys have any video to showcase the sound?

How does it compare with the F-Sport exhaust?
Old 05-12-15, 09:48 AM
PerryIS350
Driver School Candidate

Default very nice!

I just purchased my 08 is350 and I was wanting to give it a little growl but not something obnoxious. And the tips look great on it Btw
Old 05-12-15, 07:22 PM
iand1821
Driver School Candidate

I'm also really interested in hearing reviews on highway cruising if there's any drone.

Those of you with this exhaust, if you could post a vid of how it sounds that would be much appreciated!

I just got an '09 IS250 and want to add just a touch of purr since this thing is dead silent stock!
Old 05-26-15, 09:04 PM
1BadTitan
Rookie

Someone has to have some info on the noise level inside the car...
Old 05-28-15, 08:03 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sound good,but I got Tanabe Exhaust and Takeda Intake Stage 2 for my 08IS350.

Last edited by MWIS350; 05-29-15 at 11:39 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tsudo Axle-back Installed