Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tsudo Axle-back Installed

Old 08-27-16, 05:19 PM
obe1
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by leoferus
Installed this exhaust today. Fitment was good. The muffler flange bolt holes are slotted. Loosely tighten the mufflers but install the Y pipe snug. Raise the vehicle and adjust fitment as necessary. Tighten everything. Pictures. I do this for a living so I always forget to take pictures. Sorry. Flat rate makes me do things fast ;-)

I am pleased with the sound. I wanted something that would be deep but not raspy. Audible but not very loud. This accomplishes the mission. I'm 35. I was pleased. Most of my older coworkers were pleased... the kids weren't. They wanted it louder!

http://www.semotors.com/tsudo-lexus-...l-mufflers-v2/
Great, glad you are happy.
Old 08-27-16, 10:37 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've now had mine since August last year and have since added a Megan midpipe, Joe Z intake with F-sport air box, and removed the resonator. The car sounds perfect and definitely unique compared to the other 2IS I've heard locally. Not loud necessarily but definitely not quite either.. Also I love how many compliments it gets. The tips are big and fill in the holes of the GFX rear lip very nicely! All in all, best exhaust for the money. Especially when paired with Megan mid.
Old 08-28-16, 04:24 PM
leoferus
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I am thoroughly happy with how it sounds.

The wife and I went for a long drive today and it seems to have become a bit deeper, with more of a growl. We're pleased. The drone is hardly noticeable unless the windows are down. For us, the sound is perfect without any additional mods to the exhaust. I have a Joez intake and a hole in the air box ala F Sport.

Tro209, it does fill in the cut outs nicely. I like it. Like you, plenty of compliments.
Old 08-28-16, 05:49 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

I am thoroughly happy with how it sounds.

The wife and I went for a long drive today and it seems to have become a bit deeper, with more of a growl. We're pleased. The drone is hardly noticeable unless the windows are down. For us, the sound is perfect without any additional mods to the exhaust. I have a Joez intake and a hole in the air box ala F Sport.

Tro209, it does fill in the cut outs nicely. I like it. Like you, plenty of compliments.
What's funny is that being my first aftermarket exhaust, when I ordered it I didn't even take into account just how big the tips were.. I saw a short (arguably bad quality) video on YouTube but figured for the price and what another member has told me, it was the best I could get for the amount I wanted to spend.

So when the day came and I finally got my exhaust I went straight to the muffler shape to have it installed. I was so excited I didn't even take the exhaust out the box!! Lol! So once the installer had my car on the lift and pulled the exhaust of the freshly delivered box, my eyes just opened wide in when I saw how big the tips were. I had my nephew with me that day too and even he said if I knew the exhaust was that big lol. Clearly I didn't.. At first when I saw it I thought it would look bad or dare I say ugly on the car since I didnt want big tips, I was hoping for more of an fsport exhaust size tip. But damn, once they had the exhaust hooked up and on the ground and I saw how the tips actually fit the holes perfectly, I was in love..

On top of that the exhaust (with resonator deleted) sounds pretty darn good and finally gave my car the sound I was looking for. Before the Tsudo I only had stock exhaust with resonator delete and f sport airbox. So the change to an axle back, let alone one from eBay that I thought wasnt gonna be all that great but actually is, blew me away and I was very happy I decided to try something different instead of the old M2/Tanabe exhaust.

Seriously, the Tsudo in my opinion should cost more, but it doesn't and that's what makes it a great buy. No way will I let this exhaust go for another, even now that I have more money to spend freely on my car than I used to. It looks too damn good, sounds great, and is affordable. Honestly, if any of you guys dont have an exhaust yet I highly recommend this one. And like I said, with the addition of a midpipe it's just awesome.
Old 08-28-16, 06:59 PM
leoferus
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

When I removed the mufflers from their packaging and looked at the exhaust tips I contemplated sending them back. I was sure that they were going to look horrible on the car. Luckily, I was wrong. It's interesting that we had similar experiences.

As for the sound. I am quite happy with how it sound now. With the midpipe/resonator delete, what changed? How did it change? Louder, I suppose. Deeper, perhaps? I am okay with the cruising drone that exists now but wouldn't like anything louder.

Thanks.
Old 08-28-16, 08:24 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

When I removed the mufflers from their packaging and looked at the exhaust tips I contemplated sending them back. I was sure that they were going to look horrible on the car. Luckily, I was wrong. It's interesting that we had similar experiences.

As for the sound. I am quite happy with how it sound now. With the midpipe/resonator delete, what changed? How did it change? Louder, I suppose. Deeper, perhaps? I am okay with the cruising drone that exists now but wouldn't like anything louder.

Thanks.
To be honest I have no idea how it sounds with the resonator on lol. My car had the resonator removed before I put the exhaust on and I didn't wanna bother putting it on since I wanted more loud. I'll tell you this though, if you don't want drone, keep the resonator on.

When I got the Megan midpipe installed however it did have the Megan resonator on during my initial install. I would say it definitely got deeper with the midpipe but it was also quiter... So after about 1 hour or so I went back and chopped off the Megan resonator I guess I just like drone lol.

That's all personal preference though. If you ride in my car or are even around in general you will see that the car definitely drones. But with that being said it's also not as loud as a cheap Honda or those 350z guys. In my opinion it's a great balance and could not be happier
Old 09-17-16, 02:01 AM
hamooduae
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

any vendors here for tsudo exhaust ?
Old 09-17-16, 10:54 AM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

I could be wrong but semotors may be the only one who sells it now. It's already very affordable but 10% off always helps!!! Still loving it.
Old 07-04-18, 09:50 PM
Raar
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trying to pick up one of these but version 2 is out of stock but they have the original version with the fitment issues for almost half the cost brand new ($180)

Those of you with the first version, how bad is the fitment? Something we can align ourselves or a regular muffler shop should be able to do it?

Im also wondering if there will be any difference in sound between v1 and v2?

Old 07-05-18, 02:06 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 764 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by Raar
Trying to pick up one of these but version 2 is out of stock but they have the original version with the fitment issues for almost half the cost brand new ($180)

Those of you with the first version, how bad is the fitment? Something we can align ourselves or a regular muffler shop should be able to do it?

Im also wondering if there will be any difference in sound between v1 and v2?

I was browsing Houston's Craigslist earlier for some parts.

https://houston.craigslist.org/pts/d/lexus-is250-is350-tsudo-axle/6633107334.html

Contact the guy he might be a CL member willing to ship.
Old 07-05-18, 02:44 PM
Raar
Driver School Candidate

Good find but he only wants to do local unfortunately.

I'm probably going to go with version 1 and get a good shop to make the fitment right.
Old 07-05-18, 04:28 PM
bbaugher47

I think I may have a V1. Mine has the rolled tops vs the flat style. Another guy close to me has the same exhaust but his looks different. I bought mine a little before him and he said his was V2. His sounds nice as well but he has the invidia midpipe so it’s a little raspier. I love mine deep and loud , zero rasp. My fitment was great btw. Ill post a close up pic if I can find one. ( just a test fit of my lip)
Old 07-05-18, 05:48 PM
Raar
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your post! Reading that gave me more confidence and I went ahead and placed the order just now.

I am planning on installing it myself and if I run into any fitment problems I'll take it to a shop to get it right.

Feel free to post the close up pic if you get the chance. I'll also post mine when it's ready.
Old 07-17-18, 06:28 AM
grun762
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is Tsudo/SE Motors still selling these for 2nd Gen IS250/350's?
Old 07-17-18, 09:39 AM
bbaugher47

So , I’ve also noticed that it’s gone. I would call them directly. Or email. I wish they would make a midpipe for us with an x pupe.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tsudo Axle-back Installed