Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tsudo Axle-back Installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-16, 12:29 AM
JDUB509
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hows the cabin noise?
Old 02-23-16, 01:20 AM
lexis35022
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's beautiful, lol its not raspy or anything like that! I love the sound in the car! It's like a bmw or a infinity, nice low tone, I have spent lots of money on exhaust over time with all types of cars and this is by for the best sounding one I owned! But everyones likes are different, I wanTed a close to factory bmw sound and I got that! I didn't want a sound like a ricer!
Old 02-23-16, 07:11 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

As promised here it is. Tsudo plus Megan

I always had my Tsudo with the resonator off but I drove for about half a day with this Megan and I liked it. Sounded deeper and filled in the mid range gap I wanted. However I did remove the resonator later that day lol. Now it's even louder
Old 03-07-16, 03:15 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Mine should be here tomorrow. I cant wait. Its killing me tracking this thing across the US via fed ex. They appear to be sold out again.
Old 03-11-16, 02:28 PM
bbaugher47

So , it came in today. Bolted right on up. Slightly off on passenger side by maybe a 3/16" towards the outer cutout in the bumper. Have yet to do much driving with it yet. But I did go for a short drive and the takeda intake over powers the exhaust at WOT. But under nromal acceleration it sounds great. No rasp at all. No drone. So far so good. Ill hit the highways this weekend and report back
Attached Thumbnails Tsudo Axle-back Installed-image.jpeg  

Last edited by bbaugher47; 03-11-16 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Added additional picture
Old 03-11-16, 02:43 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bbaugher47
So , it came in today. Bolted right on up. Slightly off on passenger side by maybe a 3/16" towards the outer cutout in the bumper. Have yet to do much driving with it yet. But I did go for a short drive and the takeda intake over powers the exhaust at WOT. But under nromal acceleration it sounds great. No rasp at all. No drone. So far so good. Ill hit the highways this weekend and report back
Congrats! Ive had mine since August and so far so good. No rust or anything!

Ive never heard what my Tsudo sounds like with the factory resonator on though since I had my resonator deleted prior to getting my exhaust. However i can say that with the Res gone it has drone for sure. And now with my Megan midpipe and resonator delete from that too , it drones a little more but the sound is music to my ears

Oh and the F sport intake box still takes over at WOT but now the sound mixes with the exhaust and midpipe combo better. So now it just sounds like it is a very deep exhaust and intake sound together vs just intake sound like before.
Old 03-11-16, 09:10 PM
bbaugher47

I loved the way yours sounds with the megan midpipe in the first video that you posted. Deep , and loud. I am still adjusting to the increased Db in the car. I went on the highways and played with the throttle and listened to the different tones. I really like it. Next up ; seeing if a three year okd complains about the noise! Maybe ill get off my **** and swap my grill and mount my CF lip tomm. Who knows?
Old 03-12-16, 12:22 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bbaugher47
I loved the way yours sounds with the megan midpipe in the first video that you posted. Deep , and loud. I am still adjusting to the increased Db in the car. I went on the highways and played with the throttle and listened to the different tones. I really like it. Next up ; seeing if a three year okd complains about the noise! Maybe ill get off my **** and swap my grill and mount my CF lip tomm. Who knows?
Thanks, much appreciated.

As long as you keep your resonator on, you should be fine and have minimal to no drone. Even with the megan midpipe (before removing the megan resonator) i actually had less drone than with stock midpipe with resonator deleted.

The main point being that if you delete the resonator the exhaust will get louder but at the expense of increased cabin noise. Especially for the rear passengers . I however dont care much for quiet so it works for me. I had originally thought i wanted to get rid of the drone but I only lasted an hour before returning to the shop and having my Megan resonator removed lol.
Old 03-27-16, 08:00 AM
Nochi20
Driver School Candidate

ugghh thanks guys hahaha....i was about to swoop the hks hi power because i want the sound but don't want to mess with a mid pipe or res delete (just yet) and was willing to compromise my preferred oem look. but now reading the updates on this thread have me second guessing and leaning towards the tsudo v2 because of the oem look....i wanted to know just how good of tone it has because se's sound clip doesn't sound like much....wanted feedback for those who actually have it (with stock mid pipe) to see if it sounds just like their sound clip from the website or truly sounds better! and for about a $367 difference between this and the hi power, your opinion counts lol. thanks in advance!
Old 03-27-16, 10:23 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nochi20
ugghh thanks guys hahaha....i was about to swoop the hks hi power because i want the sound but don't want to mess with a mid pipe or res delete (just yet) and was willing to compromise my preferred oem look. but now reading the updates on this thread have me second guessing and leaning towards the tsudo v2 because of the oem look....i wanted to know just how good of tone it has because se's sound clip doesn't sound like much....wanted feedback for those who actually have it (with stock mid pipe) to see if it sounds just like their sound clip from the website or truly sounds better! and for about a $367 difference between this and the hi power, your opinion counts lol. thanks in advance!
Well the Tsudo V2 has tips that are far bigger than OEM. They have a 4.5" diameter. Thats almost twice the size of stock I think. So not really sure what you mean by OEM looks...

Also if your not gonna remove the resonator or get a midpipe then honestly the exhaust may be to quiet for you if you are comparing it to the HKS Hi flow.

That being said, my Tsudo with a Megan midpipe and the Resonator deleted from the new Midpipe, is still not that loud when compared to a 350z with exhaust, or g35. Or even your typical run of the mill loud exhaust Honda. BUT, the sound is very good. It is Loud dont get me wrong but not super loud like I thought the Midpipe and resonator delete would make it.

I will say that I LOVE the way my exhausrt sounds right now and wouldnt trade it for another. I am very happy with my purcahse and glad that I didnt spend the extra $300-400 on an HKS or whatever else is popular on this site. This is a quality exhaust made much better than the M2 and is a bargain for what you pay IMO. My only complaint is that I wanna make it even louder, but honestly, with the friends I have in the car community there is no such thing as loud enough lol. Good luck with your decision, I am sure you will like this exhaust
Old 03-28-16, 01:36 AM
Nochi20
Driver School Candidate

@Tro209

Thanks for the input. What i meant so say when referring to the oem look was retaining the oval cans instead straight cans. Changing out the tips have lower odds of getting pulled over than if the officer sees straight thru cans that just scream modified exhaust. I wanted larger tips but with the somewhat "factory" muffler look that the hi power doesn't provide. As for the exhaust note, i want that deeper tone/growl and have listened to se's clip on a much better audio system to get the full range. With all that has been said, i can say im glad i placed my order yesterday (the price has dropped to $340) and status has already been updated to "shipped" which means i'll most likely get it tomorrow, Weds at the latest since the warehouse is local for me! Cant wait to throw it on, and if i get bit by the loud bug, maybe ill swap for a mid pipe hahahaha
Old 03-29-16, 03:50 PM
Nochi20
Driver School Candidate

so it came today and i brought it to my pop's mechanic to install....i must say the most bang for the buck! it's quiet when it needs to be and it growls when it needs to. i love the low deep exhaust note. for the price it is "budget" exhaust that certainly does not look like nor feel like it! one of the best purchases for my 2is so far....well that and my bc's that are on the way =P

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...1&d=1459291726
Attached Thumbnails Tsudo Axle-back Installed-tsudo-exhaust.jpg  
Old 03-29-16, 05:16 PM
bbaugher47

I am so jealous of your one day turn around time. Lol. Mine had a long journey to the east coast. I feel mine has gotten a little louder as i drive it more. Heard it for the first time outside (without me as the driver) when I dropped her off at the dealership to get my new dash put in. I really love the soud : inside and out.
Old 03-29-16, 05:38 PM
Nochi20
Driver School Candidate

Hahaha...I might have one of my friends do a drive by this weekend so I can hear what it sounds like outside of the car
Old 03-30-16, 12:03 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Its so great to see you guys both got Tsudos! People like to think that because it isnt a brand like HKS or something that its not a good exhaust but I say otherwise. Best bang for buck exhaust easy since its only $340! And it is quality too! Mine hasnt rusted or anything. I do clean it every now and then though but nothing fancy , just an s.o.s pad and some water, then dry.

I love my exhaust, and my midpipe only made it better!

Quick Reply: Tsudo Axle-back Installed