Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tsudo Axle-back Installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-15, 09:37 PM
lexis35022
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Super happy with tsudo.. sounds like my 330i bmw but a lil louder!! No raspy ricey sound at all. Nice and low.. and while cuzn in town I bearly hear anything if at all until I get into it!
Old 06-05-15, 11:56 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Look very nice. You got VDO of the sound?
Old 06-06-15, 10:59 AM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks better than I expected. Too bad I just bought an F-Sport Exhaust. If not i would totally be down for Tsudo. Let's hear some sound clips outside rev. and inside cabin please
Old 06-21-15, 04:39 PM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know if this exhaust is louder than m2 and greddy? Has anyone heard them in person?
Old 08-09-15, 05:41 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just purchased this exhaust !! I can't wait till it arrives I just hope it's not too quiet and is at least a little louder than the M2.
Old 08-11-15, 12:56 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not a fan of the tips. I think the M2 look better. But then the F sport are better than both IMO.
Old 02-09-16, 04:37 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

For anyone considering an exhaust still I've had mine since August and have not regretted it a bit. Easily the best decision I made for my car (next to BC Coilovers). I currently have the resonator deleted and it is pretty loud and of the deeper notes you can get from an IS in my opinion. Nothing crazy loud like the 350z's and G35's with exhaust that I see around here in Modesto but still plenty enough for me to buy happy with my purchase. I have no clue what it sounds like with the factory resonator on so I'm purely speaking about how it is with the resonator gone and an f sport intake box.

Anywho, That being said I plan on purchasing a Megan midpipe to go with the exhaust soon from a fellow member to help increase the sound loudness even further ( I like loud lol) and make the note even deeper. I will upload a video of how it sound right now inside the cabin for those of you interested and do another clip once I get my Megan mid installed. I'm just hoping the resonator on the Megan doesn't make it quieter since that's the OPPOSITE of what I want. But it's not the end of the world though if it does get quieter since I can just delete that resonator too lol.

I'll keep you guys updated for anyone who is interested. But so far so good for a $350 exhaust from eBay , very good quality too. No regrets.
Old 02-10-16, 06:47 AM
Eduskator
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by saturdays
Do you guys have any video to showcase the sound?

How does it compare with the F-Sport exhaust?
It doesn't.

It's not comparable... F-Sport exhaust have 1 straight-pipe side and the other one's a muffler and are known as the best ''sound'' you can get out of an axleback. It's also 5x the price... I've done some research and no other AxleBack gives that nice growling sound... Unless you remove the resonator, every axleback will mostly sound like stock exhaust (I AM DESPERATE).

May-be that round HKS axleback would give more flow/sound but I prefer an oval - OEM look - muffler.

OP: It looks very nice though! I've read several ''fitment issue'' horror stories but it looks just fine! I might be considering it if I plan on removing the resonator.

Last edited by Eduskator; 02-10-16 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-10-16, 08:29 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Eduskator
It doesn't.

It's not comparable... F-Sport exhaust have 1 straight-pipe side and the other one's a muffler and are known as the best ''sound'' you can get out of an axleback. It's also 5x the price... I've done some research and no other AxleBack gives that nice growling sound... Unless you remove the resonator, every axleback will mostly sound like stock exhaust (I AM DESPERATE).

May-be that round HKS axleback would give more flow/sound but I prefer an oval - OEM look - muffler.

OP: It looks very nice though! I've read several ''fitment issue'' horror stories but it looks just fine! I might be considering it if I plan on removing the resonator.
Horror stories? Yeah I've heard off some slight fitment issues but I guess that's typical of a non brand name exhaust. Mine was slight off center but that was easily fixed by the shop who did mine so I wouldn't say "Horror stories". And mine is pretty darn loud for just an Axleback but i do agree that if the resonator was on it would probably be a little quieter. I still prefer the way mine sounds though, it's deeper and to me deeper is better. Not saying I don't like the F sport but for $1000 i can buy a Tsudo, a Megan Midpipe, and a Joe Z intake and sound much louder and deeper for less. Not bashing the f sport though because it is a very nice exhaust, I just don't think the price is justified especially when an HKS Hi-flow is like $300 cheaper or so and has been called the loudest exhaust you can get on an ISx50.
Old 02-10-16, 10:13 AM
Eduskator
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tro209
Horror stories? Yeah I've heard off some slight fitment issues but I guess that's typical of a non brand name exhaust. Mine was slight off center but that was easily fixed by the shop who did mine so I wouldn't say "Horror stories". And mine is pretty darn loud for just an Axleback but i do agree that if the resonator was on it would probably be a little quieter. I still prefer the way mine sounds though, it's deeper and to me deeper is better. Not saying I don't like the F sport but for $1000 i can buy a Tsudo, a Megan Midpipe, and a Joe Z intake and sound much louder and deeper for less. Not bashing the f sport though because it is a very nice exhaust, I just don't think the price is justified especially when an HKS Hi-flow is like $300 cheaper or so and has been called the loudest exhaust you can get on an ISx50.
By horror stories I was talking about rust issue, long term reliability, fitment where mufflers are IN the bumper, etc.

I agree, the HKS looks very loud but as I said, it's probably because it's a round muffler, the inside being smaller and ''straight pipe'' most of the time? Plus, IMO, round mufflers make the car look cheap. Don't take it personally, I guess it's just a matter of taste. I like my cars to look as much OEM as possible

You guys are lucky to pay 1000$ for a F-SPORT. In Canada, the same part is 2000$

Last edited by Eduskator; 02-10-16 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-10-16, 12:27 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

By horror stories I was talking about rust issue, long term reliability, fitment where mufflers are IN the bumper, etc.

I agree, the HKS looks very loud but as I said, it's probably because it's a round muffler, the inside being smaller and ''straight pipe'' most of the time? Plus, IMO, round mufflers make the car look cheap. Don't take it personally, I guess it's just a matter of taste. I like my cars to look as much OEM as possible

You guys are lucky to pay 1000$ for a F-SPORT. In Canada, the same part is 2000$
Oh no worries friend lol. No offense taken at all, sorry if I came out that way.

As for the HKS being round , I don't like that look either so i wouldn't have gotten that exhaust anyway. As for the Tsudo it still has OEM style mufflers just with 4.5" tips that are also perforated on the inside. Also no rust issues or anything at all. I think that's more of a problem for the M2 exhaust honestly and I am very happy that this has none of those issues. It does however drone with the resonator gone but that's to be expected I guess when you remove your "secondary muffler" lol. But I don't mind drone unless it's real loud then maybe I might get tired of it, but I like loud so that probably ain't gonna happen

Anyway no offense to anyone who buys an F sport exhaust or name brand exhaust , they're all great but me, personally, I would rather get a good quality exhaust for less and use that extra money on my ride for whatever else I need. I'll be honest and say that I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I bought this eBay exhaust since I did need a "budget" exhaust and was willing to settle for something cheaper, but my overall experience with this exhaust has lead me to believe that I would have been crazy to spend any more for another exhaust because of its Name. Mine is just as loud as any other Axleback exhaust if not louder and with a Megan mid pipe I'm sure it will only get better.

Here's a clip of it with just resonator delete almost immediately after I had it installed

Last edited by Tro209; 02-10-16 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-11-16, 12:16 AM
lexis35022
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dnot kno wut u guys mean, I love the sound of the tsudo axleback, it sounds nothing lIke stock, it sounds like my bmw 330 I had before this, ita a nice deep rumble.... I wouldn't want it any louder.. but everyone is different, I like a deep low rumble, instead of an obnoxious sound,like my built civic I had..
Old 02-11-16, 04:17 AM
Eduskator
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tro209
Oh no worries friend lol. No offense taken at all, sorry if I came out that way.

As for the HKS being round , I don't like that look either so i wouldn't have gotten that exhaust anyway. As for the Tsudo it still has OEM style mufflers just with 4.5" tips that are also perforated on the inside. Also no rust issues or anything at all. I think that's more of a problem for the M2 exhaust honestly and I am very happy that this has none of those issues. It does however drone with the resonator gone but that's to be expected I guess when you remove your "secondary muffler" lol. But I don't mind drone unless it's real loud then maybe I might get tired of it, but I like loud so that probably ain't gonna happen

Anyway no offense to anyone who buys an F sport exhaust or name brand exhaust , they're all great but me, personally, I would rather get a good quality exhaust for less and use that extra money on my ride for whatever else I need. I'll be honest and say that I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I bought this eBay exhaust since I did need a "budget" exhaust and was willing to settle for something cheaper, but my overall experience with this exhaust has lead me to believe that I would have been crazy to spend any more for another exhaust because of its Name. Mine is just as loud as any other Axleback exhaust if not louder and with a Megan mid pipe I'm sure it will only get better.

http://youtu.be/bB5zZeQKk5U

Here's a clip of it with just resonator delete almost immediately after I had it installed
This sound is VERY nice! Doesn't look like there's much drone? By far one of the best ''Axleback + resonator delete'' soundclip I've heard. Now you are questioning my mind again....should I remove the resonator? lol

I had in mind that it was going crazy loud when you removed the resonator, like this one (axle-back only just like yours)

Last edited by Eduskator; 02-11-16 at 04:28 AM.
Old 02-11-16, 05:16 AM
Eduskator
Pole Position

Still wondering why Tsudo advertises it as 2006-2010 though... I know 2011 had a ''refresher'' but the model stayed the same until 3IS (2014+)

May-be fitment related issues?
Old 02-11-16, 10:30 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

This sound is VERY nice! Doesn't look like there's much drone? By far one of the best ''Axleback + resonator delete'' soundclip I've heard. Now you are questioning my mind again....should I remove the resonator? lol

I had in mind that it was going crazy loud when you removed the resonator, like this one (axle-back only just like yours)

Lexus IS250 F-Sport Exhaust + F-Sport Intake + Resonator Delete - YouTube
Holy crap that is loud lol. Especially with the engine being started in a closed space like a garage. Lol.

But yeah I love my Tsudo and I only defend because I truly believe it's a great setup for the money I spent on it. As for drone, there was a lot at first but after settling in it decreased a bit. So yeah I still hear drone but I guess I got used to it because I don't really even notice it anymore except for when my mom rides with me (she's getting old lol) and points it out. But I love it and wouldn't change it for another , especially since not many people have this exhaust on their IS so it always fun when people ask what exhaust I have and how did I get that sound

I'm still gonna mid pipe it sometime next week or so though , I'm buying a Megan from a member on here in hopes that I can Increase the overall sound of the exhaust in mid and upper range while simultaneously keeping the drone down a bit with the Megan resonator that comes on the mid pipe. I'll be sure to upload a clip of it once I do

Quick Reply: Tsudo Axle-back Installed