Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Best intake for hp gains??

Old 02-19-15, 02:08 PM
Ecko508
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been contimplating the fsport intake for a few weeks. What do you guys think of that anyone have one? Better throttle response? Ease of install? Sound?
Old 02-19-15, 08:18 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
Like shown, that person showed a 10hp loss from it.

Mike
Mike,

I appreciate your opinion... But honestly that was the most inclusive thread I have ever seen..

A fluke at best.. He actually did better runs at the track with our intake installed..

Either way I stand by product 100% that it delivers everything as advertised..

And they're plenty of other independent test showing the gains.

JOE Z intake Dyno results and videos (Independently Tested)

Below 5k rpm, the car is being shifted through the gears till 4th is reached.. Anything below that line is not being measured accurately..

Best Regards,

Joe Z
Old 02-19-15, 08:19 PM
anthonys2r
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JGard18
Ha what a joke.

Seriously, intakes aren't going to get you jack squat for power. They are noisemakers and very little more than that.

If you have supporting modifications like exhaust and an ECU tune, then maybe it would be a different story
Any real noticeable power? No probably not, I'm not sensitive enough to feel 4/5 whp increase. HOWEVER, a gain is still a gain.

Now this begs the question, what do you consider "squat for power"? 20 whp? 30whp? Full catback and intake will get your roughly 15 whp. Unless you start doing stage 2 mods, then maybe you'll achieve your defintion of "squat for power". But once you start racking up these bolt ons, do some weight reduction (wheels, suspension), you'll start noticing this "power".

Now, you know well enough that this cars ECU is locked, thus limiting its true potential. With that said, you can't blame anyone wanting any type of hp increase, even if its just 4/5 hp from an aftermarket intake, cause we all know how hard it is with this car.
Old 02-20-15, 06:26 AM
bhvrdr
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Mike,

I appreciate your opinion... But honestly that was the most inclusive thread I have ever seen..

A fluke at best.. He actually did better runs at the track with our intake installed..

Either way I stand by product 100% that it delivers everything as advertised..

And they're plenty of other independent test showing the gains.

JOE Z intake Dyno results and videos (Independently Tested)

Below 5k rpm, the car is being shifted through the gears till 4th is reached.. Anything below that line is not being measured accurately..

Best Regards,

Joe Z
Hi Joe,

I'm curious why you would call the independent dyno inconclusive? It showed dyno runs done on the same dyno with controlled variables. It may not have showed the results you liked but I wouldnt call it inconclusive. The person then did acceleration runs and they were statistically a wash. No better and no worse. So at the very least the intake probably did nothing.

Mike

Last edited by bhvrdr; 02-20-15 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-20-15, 04:28 PM
hzhangis25
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salvadorik
Thanks for posting this. I changed my F Sport intake back to stock. Only removed the metal F Sport tube and put back the plastic stock one with a sound generator. I also left the F Sport top half of the box (mainly for cosmetic reasons) and F Sport filter.

After swapping back to stock I think my car got a bit faster? Honestly this how my impression is. I don't have a scientific evidence other than "butt dyno" feelings. The bottom line after switching back to stock my car sounds better and it feels a bit quicker to me.
So running with stock intake sounds better than F Sport intake??

Is F Sport intake louder?
Old 03-23-15, 10:46 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why does it feel like the same thing that happened to the 2IS community back in 2006 is happening again....

Don't believe posted numbers. Dynos are inaccurate, and are under controlled conditions.
Short ram intakes will NOT increase power. They will heat soak and you will experience low end torque loss.
Factory intake is not a cold air intake, but it's "cooler" than any short ram intake.
Old 04-14-15, 03:57 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 325 Likes on 194 Posts

out of curiosity, is it because of this thread,

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...o-results.html

joe z intakes for 3rd gen IS will not be produced? I've tried contacting companies that sell or used to sell joe z intakes for our gen and they all say that it's back ordered. I've sent joe z a pm several days ago and haven't received a reply (yet). I had some time to snoop around in the boards and found that thread since there really wasn't any threads about joe z intakes for our gen. if some of you haven't seen or read the topic, it's actually a pretty good read.