Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Anyone Buy New Tanabe Medalion Axle Back Exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-15, 01:26 PM
ddvette9
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My exhaust has 500 miles on it. The exhaust just gets deeper after break in but not much louder. Of all the exhausts I have heard and drove, this one is impossible to describe or record sound clips of. You really have to meet up with someone and ride or drive their car to understand the exhaust. I wish I could help I would love to post sound clips but I have recorded videos with my phone and it sounds identical to stock through a phone.
Old 03-25-15, 04:31 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ddvette9
My exhaust has 500 miles on it. The exhaust just gets deeper after break in but not much louder. Of all the exhausts I have heard and drove, this one is impossible to describe or record sound clips of. You really have to meet up with someone and ride or drive their car to understand the exhaust. I wish I could help I would love to post sound clips but I have recorded videos with my phone and it sounds identical to stock through a phone.
why not just share the sound clips and we can decide whether that's true or not? everyone is at a lost of the sound, it would be nice no matter how bad you think it may be, just to give us all perspective.
would it be possible to record from the outside normal acceleration and hard acceleration and start up please?
Old 03-26-15, 07:54 AM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

still no pics are sound/video clips yet?
worthless thread
Old 04-13-15, 03:16 AM
Imprezario
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Finally installed my Tanabe Medallion Touring Exhaust! One barrel needs some alignment, so pics of the car and sound clips will be posted a bit later. Shots of the unboxed parts for now )

Old 04-13-15, 07:23 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

a friend just got it. I'll post the video later. It's pretty subtle. Almost stock! I'm guessing it's like the Fsport.
Old 04-16-15, 05:24 PM
skizzot200
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jbreezie
a friend just got it. I'll post the video later. It's pretty subtle. Almost stock! I'm guessing it's like the Fsport.
We are all super excited to hear this exhaust. Don't let us down
Old 04-16-15, 06:59 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

The way you guys described the sound it seems it's about the same as 2IS Tanabe which I didn't like that much. The noise is more like base sound actual exhaust sound and I found it too much drone in cabin. Not sure if this is the same for 3IS.
Old 04-16-15, 10:46 PM
GordonUK
Driver School Candidate

No real options for us lot in the UK, only option really is to have one custom made
Old 04-17-15, 05:49 AM
Imprezario
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GordonUK
No real options for us lot in the UK, only option really is to have one custom made
eBay, Rakuten? As far as I know, the British market is not closed to the rest of the world )
Old 04-19-15, 09:17 AM
elusive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I didn't know it was this difficult for someone to post a sound clip
Old 04-20-15, 12:17 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

lol My clip is on my DSLR. I haven't had the chance to upload yet. Here's a clip from the same car. It's very subtle. I personally think it's too quite for me. I like JoeZ based on Youtube Clips.

https://instagram.com/p/1XA_MqyMEY/?...by=kaliboricua
Old 04-22-15, 03:00 PM
Imprezario
Lead Lap

After two weeks and about 500 km of driving I can say that I'm disappointed with this exhaust. The look is 100% as good as expected, but the sound almost doesn't differ from stock. Medallion on 2IS sounds like hell on youtube videos, and I've watched tons of them before ordering. The reality is far-far-far away from expectation.

The acceleration is not full on pedal to the metal because saving studded tires on the dry asphalt, but gives a fair impression of the actual sound. More videos to come.

So if You want a quiet non-disturbing and great looking exhaust with glorious tips and polished cans - look no further. The build quality is great along with the price. In You want some racing growl - try something else.

Last edited by Imprezario; 04-22-15 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-22-15, 06:16 PM
tx_is300
Pole Position

I agree, had mine for 3000 miles and very subtle. Has
Rumble at very low rpm 1000-2000. Above that you don't hear it. A mid pipe is necessary to get any sound out of this. Tanabe has rep being the most quiet exhaust you can get . I am waiting for Tsudo mid pipe which will add more aggressive sound and it is very reasonable price compared to Invidia
Old 04-22-15, 07:03 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

I think most people buy this axle back because they want it quite. I'm curious to see how a mid pipe will sound like. For the price of this, I rather get JoeZ! The Tanabe does look nice though. Think of it as a cheaper Fsport exhaust.
Old 04-22-15, 07:17 PM
tx_is300
Pole Position

Joe Z does sound better based on clips but quality in welds don't match tanabe. Looks don't either. Greddy or HKS sound better but those those guys slow to come to market - if ever !! This does look better than F Sport and priced better too. Think F Sport tad louder??

Quick Reply: Anyone Buy New Tanabe Medalion Axle Back Exhaust??