Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HKS Hi-Power AxelBack Exhaust Dies off after 3500rpm, Possible Solution: Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-15, 10:48 PM
jasonr
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL. I am pretty chill. I just gave you the explanation to your assumptions. Things you said to me were not opinions. I simply told you the facts. I just wanted OP to save some bucks and invest into a mid-pipe.

I still don't get your reference to cutting holes in the exhaust vs. intake box. No one does that except people who has no clue about performance gains/loss etc. I am pretty sure you are aware that people have fabricated their own exhaust system with better sound and performance gains than F-sport exhaust.

: Also, the box saving is only $69.08, not $300, see below for more info. You can purchase the F Sport lower intake box for $69.08, the F Sport tube itself $129.59 (similar to Joe Z tube price), and F Sport high flow air filter for $67.65, the couplers and clamps for $37.75

A: I made mine for about $30-40. I saved around $300 on my car. So Not sure why are you telling me and giving me the parts list. There are many options. Filter is optional. OEM filter has more than enough air flow and will not give you any performance improvement.

: This is what you said to me "As you said, if you just need a pipe, the F Sport pipe itself is 129.59"

A: I didn't say that you need to buy an F-sport intake. Any intake pipe will do the same job. I bought mine for $20 something online.

Last edited by jasonr; 01-14-15 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-14-15, 09:24 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

jasonr, prior to your edit, you mentioned about my mods being cheap including Stoptech and said "why don't you buy F Sport BBK" haha I guess someone has realized that now Stoptech makes F Sport big brake kit for Lexus Also, Stoptech brand has a good reputation in brake and not as cheap as you may think.

Anyways, let's get back to the topic, since you can save so much money by your method, why don't you create a DIY (Do It Yourself) guide that would benefit our community here?
Old 01-14-15, 02:31 PM
jasonr
Driver

Originally Posted by FSportIS
jasonr, prior to your edit, you mentioned about my mods being cheap including Stoptech and said "why don't you buy F Sport BBK" haha I guess someone has realized that now Stoptech makes F Sport big brake kit for Lexus Also, Stoptech brand has a good reputation in brake and not as cheap as you may think.

Anyways, let's get back to the topic, since you can save so much money by your method, why don't you create a DIY (Do It Yourself) guide that would benefit our community here?
Definitely, Stoptech Cryo Drilled Rotors vs BBK is big difference. of course you can buy Stoptech Cryo Drilled Rotors from 150-200 bucks. They are not the same as BBK. I guess you scenario of cutting hole into exhaust applies here. buying cheaper one to get better look but not the same effect/performance.

Anyway there are many guys here who made their own intakes. Some people don't like to reinvent the wheel and like to buy parts from stealership. I can't tell them to make their own.

You can find coupler/clamps from eBay for $6-10 bucks not $30 something like you said. Ebay has search option and you can use it.

You could suggest OP your opinion that F-sport is superior etc. Not telling someone who already has saved money. You can't tell me i can't save money when i already have and invested that into a mid-pipe. Not sure if you get the whole conversation or not.

Last edited by jasonr; 01-14-15 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-14-15, 02:46 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Ah, there is probably some misunderstanding there, buddy. I did not tell anyone to do anything and in no way I was telling you to do anything, if any. Sorry if you have that wrong impression.

Also, I only list the price of various F Sport intake components as sharing what I know. I did not claim any intake being superior or best or whatever. I do like the F Sport intake though.

In regard to BBK, if you do your research, you will know that big brake kit, does NOT improve stopping distance even though it does give you a firmer feel and more fade resistance. Also, one member on here running ISF with Brembo BBK crack the rotor with only 1 track session and here is the picture

At the same time, sportkid have run Stoptech Cryo Rotors on tracks multiple runs without any problem. BBK with higher price tag does NOT mean superior in quality!!!

Last edited by FSportIS; 01-14-15 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-14-15, 02:53 PM
jasonr
Driver

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Ah, there is probably some misunderstanding there, buddy. I did not tell anyone to do anything and in no way I was telling you to do anything, if any. Sorry if you have that wrong impression.

Also, I only list the price of various F Sport intake components as sharing what I know. I did not claim any intake being superior or best or whatever. I do like the F Sport intake though.
Sounds good to me. I always look for best bang for the buck. lol
Old 01-14-15, 03:00 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jasonr
Sounds good to me. I always look for best bang for the buck. lol
That is the way to go!