Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Is HKS Hi-Power Exhuast Worth getting rid of Stock Exhaust Altogther?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-15, 08:18 PM
jst17
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Is HKS Hi-Power Exhuast Worth getting rid of Stock Exhaust Altogther?

Hi guys,

Someone in my area is looking for $275 to trade for my stock exhaust for his 1.5 years used HKS-Hi Power Exhaust. Does the HKS exhaust pass emission (Ontario), and does it trigger any Check Engine Light? Since if I pull the trigger, he will be taking my stock exhaust.

Most importantly, what should I tell the mechanic to check when we do the swap?
Old 01-03-15, 08:21 PM
jst17
Driver

The seller said the reason for selling is because he is getting rid of his car, and he would like the part out the exhaust?
Old 01-03-15, 09:01 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

I have seen the exhaust go for 350-400 without a swap before so unless you want to keep your exhaust for some reason then it is a fair deal. I have seen free stock exhausts on the forum too.
Old 01-03-15, 09:47 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It's a good exhaust (axle back). It should still be in good condition if it's that new (take a visual of it). If you want an exhaust then I say go for it (it's cheap). It is one of the loudest exhausts btw. Not sure what your emissions laws are over there but it doesn't throw any codes. It's an easy swap that even you two can do.
Old 01-04-15, 01:23 AM
jasonr
Driver

Originally Posted by jst17
Hi guys,

Someone in my area is looking for $275 to trade for my stock exhaust for his 1.5 years used HKS-Hi Power Exhaust. Does the HKS exhaust pass emission (Ontario), and does it trigger any Check Engine Light? Since if I pull the trigger, he will be taking my stock exhaust.

Most importantly, what should I tell the mechanic to check when we do the swap?
I have the same exhaust with Invidia mid-pipe. You will feel drone for few days then you will get used to it. You will love it for sure. Pretty sure no emission issues since you don't replace any of your cats.

DONT GO TO MECHANIC. DO IT YOURSELF. It will take you about 10-20 mins.
If you are in Vancouver area, you can pick my stock for free lol.

You will love HKS. Doesn't have that ricey sound. Cold starts are pretty loud.
Old 01-04-15, 06:31 AM
jst17
Driver

Originally Posted by jasonr
IDONT GO TO MECHANIC. DO IT YOURSELF. It will take you about 10-20 mins.
If you are in Vancouver area, you can pick my stock for free lol.

You will love HKS. Doesn't have that ricey sound. Cold starts are pretty loud.
Thanks for the info. I definitely want a loud exhaust, since I am the only one driving the car. Do you get tickets from the police alot?

I sent you a PM.
Old 01-04-15, 08:45 AM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jst17
Thanks for the info. I definitely want a loud exhaust, since I am the only one driving the car. Do you get tickets from the police alot?

I sent you a PM.
Definetly a Awesome exhaust. Sounds loud upon start up than dies down. I added a midpipe because I wanted a even sounding flow through out the exhaust and not just sound from the rear mufflers. Definetly has drone that you'll get used to. My favorite part is I like the way it sounds when I come through the parking garage at the mall or going through the parking lot at the market. Commands attention, which I love. (Oldest child as kid, didn't get much attention.lol)... I paid $600 for mine used in mint condition I think. Listen though, dont be over picky on the condition because you can't see hardly anything underneath the car especially if you slam it!
Attached Thumbnails Is HKS Hi-Power Exhuast Worth getting rid of Stock Exhaust Altogther?-image.jpg  
Old 01-04-15, 10:15 AM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JdSwiper
Definetly a Awesome exhaust. Sounds loud upon start up than dies down. I added a midpipe because I wanted a even sounding flow through out the exhaust and not just sound from the rear mufflers. Definetly has drone that you'll get used to. My favorite part is I like the way it sounds when I come through the parking garage at the mall or going through the parking lot at the market. Commands attention, which I love. (Oldest child as kid, didn't get much attention.lol)... I paid $600 for mine used in mint condition I think. Listen though, dont be over picky on the condition because you can't see hardly anything underneath the car especially if you slam it!
Looks good man. I have a question. Can you tell me where you get your resonator ? what size and etc. because I want to swap my resonator to Magnaflow to give my M2 Exhaust more Growl.
Old 01-04-15, 11:06 AM
jst17
Driver

Definetly a Awesome exhaust. Sounds loud upon start up than dies down.
Look great. Is the resonator delete needed because from this video the exhaust without the delete sounds "stock?. Assuming it is legal.

Old 01-04-15, 11:38 AM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

I would say try the exhaust without doing anything to the resinator first. You can make changes as you go
Old 01-04-15, 11:53 AM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Keo
Looks good man. I have a question. Can you tell me where you get your resonator ? what size and etc. because I want to swap my resonator to Magnaflow to give my M2 Exhaust more Growl.

I believe this is the one you want. http://www.partzdealer.com/Magnaflow-14445-Mufflers
The only thing though, is expect a lot of drone, especially on the highway. I like it but if I was a Buisness man entertaining prospective clients, I wouldn't drive them around in this car! Just IMO
Old 01-04-15, 11:58 AM
Sleepy2is
Driver

Could always make the deal and if you wanna go back to stock just post for trade plus cash on top!
Old 01-04-15, 12:05 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Hers a real crapy video I just made but you get the idea on the sound. I have the Fsport intake with the Magnaflow resinator. I threw in a little bonus pic of the subs and amp.. Lol

Last edited by JdSwiper; 01-04-15 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-04-15, 03:54 PM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe this is the one you want. http://www.partzdealer.com/Magnaflow-14445-Mufflers
The only thing though, is expect a lot of drone, especially on the highway. I like it but if I was a Buisness man entertaining prospective clients, I wouldn't drive them around in this car! Just IMO
Sweet! Thanks a lot bro. Appreciate it. So you got the same Part Number 14445 right? can't wait to swap them up.
Old 01-04-15, 05:09 PM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 320 Likes on 137 Posts

i had HKS Hi-Power + Invidia mid-pipe and it pass vancouver's AirCare no problem, it doesn't throw any engine light or anything.. now i have Greddy and i kinda regret selling my HKS cuz HKS does sound a lot better and with greddy i feel my is350 don't pull as hard..

Quick Reply: Is HKS Hi-Power Exhuast Worth getting rid of Stock Exhaust Altogther?