Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F Sport Intake or Not?

Old 12-07-14, 08:41 PM
dkherm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F Sport Intake or Not?

Holiday seasons coming. Want everyone's take on the F Sport Intake. Is this going to provide my 14 IS350 F Sport ANY improvements? I do not want to be overwhelmed with sound. Let me know....
Old 12-08-14, 07:40 AM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dkherm
Holiday seasons coming. Want everyone's take on the F Sport Intake. Is this going to provide my 14 IS350 F Sport ANY improvements? I do not want to be overwhelmed with sound. Let me know....
No. Simply because it will remove the sound generator, you will miss it and switch back to stock...the stock is good enough...I got it and wasted 300$.
Old 12-08-14, 08:24 AM
dkherm
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, I thought this was going to be the case, thanks for confirming.
Old 12-08-14, 09:47 AM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Soundwise you actually downgrade slightly. There is not much difference though. F Sport intake will look better under the hood and it will also slightly improve throttle response. I don't know for sure but F Sport intake may provide with up to 5hp increase. I installed it and I still keep it. But I would not buy again if did not have one. I guess the main reason for intake upgrade if the new intake sounds awesome (like V8) but F Sport intake doesn't sound than the stock intake.
Old 12-12-14, 08:47 PM
feartheyu
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I work at a Lexus Dealership and will say that it does improve throttle response, acceleration, and the sounds ever so slightly better. It does take away the resonator, but the F-Sport Performance Intake makes up for it from the other benefits. I just recently installed the axle-back F-Sport exhaust, and with the intake the car sounds even better. I could have gone aftermarket, but I keeping with the Lexus F-Sport theme out of pride.

If you feel the intake isn't worth it, get the Lexus Key Card for that price. It can come with a key shank that is as thin as the Key card. People love seeing it!
Old 12-13-14, 08:22 AM
dkherm
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the responses. The last reponse makes sense, just not sure I want to lose the sound resonator. Do like the idea of keeping it all f sport gear.
Old 12-13-14, 10:57 AM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dkherm
Thanks for the responses. The last reponse makes sense, just not sure I want to lose the sound resonator. Do like the idea of keeping it all f sport gear.
Even if the Lexus intake loses some sound it only loses "pretend" sound from the sound generator. I would rather have "real" sound even if it is less.

I have the Joe Z intake and exhaust and the Lexus performance air filter and I think it is a great sound.
Old 12-13-14, 09:03 PM
chuongzzz
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Me too I intend to get it but after I go around some thread i changed my mind , i think fsport exhaust performance should be better than
Old 12-19-14, 04:40 PM
3ivato
Rookie

Not worth the $$$$..2 Quiet..Others Out there!!
Old 12-23-14, 08:53 PM
rgonza1
Driver

I opted for the F Sport Performance exhaust and I am enjoying thus far. The sound is average but I have noticed at 3000-3500 RPM it kicks in. I am a sucker for sticking with the all F-Sport them. I'll be adding the F Sport Performance exhaust next!
Attached Thumbnails F Sport Intake or Not?-img_20141223_125148550_hdr.jpg  
Old 01-11-15, 12:02 AM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rgonza1
I opted for the F Sport Performance exhaust and I am enjoying thus far. The sound is average but I have noticed at 3000-3500 RPM it kicks in. I am a sucker for sticking with the all F-Sport them. I'll be adding the F Sport Performance exhaust next!
Great choice, rgonza.
I also had the F-Sport intake first, and then upgraded the exhaust to F-Sport a few weeks later.
The sound is just right. Deep growl at low RPMs, and at high RPMs, the exhaust and intake become harmonious! I LOVE the sound!

It's probably one of the quieter exhaust out there, but I think it's perfect....because I still want to enjoy listening to music in detail without blasting it at double the volume with an aftermarket exhaust.
Old 01-11-15, 05:51 AM
feartheyu
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good choice on the intake! Looks exactly like mine. lol. Here is my thing with the resonator...It sounds artificial. If you want it to feel more complete. Exhaust and intake!
Old 01-11-15, 01:35 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by feartheyu
Good choice on the intake! Looks exactly like mine. lol. Here is my thing with the resonator...It sounds artificial. If you want it to feel more complete. Exhaust and intake!
Totally agree!
Old 01-11-15, 02:12 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I hope they sell just the filter soon! Anyone have the part number by any chance?
Old 01-11-15, 02:41 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Glock47
I hope they sell just the filter soon! Anyone have the part number by any chance?
They do now. Part # PTR03-53141-AA.

I have the Joe Z intake and exhaust with the Lexus F Sport filter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F Sport Intake or Not?